**** help me !!......................... raped by AFA

han duo

Sith Lord
ive just came back from sw europe, i was in the auction for the vintage figures ,,
cut a long story short i won a misb ewok battle wagon,imperial sniper,sand skimmer and a security scout all in one auction lot for Ã'£210.00,, great i hear you say !
but then i took it to the AFA stand to get certificated as coming straight from the lucas film archives,,
i got ****in stung ! (or so i think) , they charged me Ã'£477.86 , and when i was on the way home i relised that they had charged me
Ã'£230.00 for sealing and grading
Ã'£100.00 for the certificates as they come from the lucas archives
and Ã'£46.86 for shipping.. it should have only been Ã'£376.86
ive sent them an email and iam waiting for a responce ! what do you all think ??

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Forgetting about the overcharge do you mean you have paid a total of Ã'£700 to buy them and get them graded? :shock: :eek:

han duo

Sith Lord
no i asked for the standard service , to be honest iam panicing as i think that ive over spent (not that i do this for profit/as i collect) but since i bought a bargin iam now worried that if i ever sold them i wouldnt get my money back ?? the guy did say that the battlewagon would be about a AFA80-85 , (he didnt say about the rest) does anyone know what they should be worth??

han duo

Sith Lord
they are on cards unpunched , the cards are mintier than mint but the bubbles have a even yellowing colour ? what do you think they would be worth each ?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Those bubbles always go yellow. The carded ones don't fetch quite as much as the trilogo boxed versions but depending on grade you could be looking at anything between Ã'£50-100 each. An AFA 90 might even get a bit more.

That Battle Wagon sounds like a good one though. They are pretty hard to find with a good box as they were always flimsy.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I reckon you'd at least break even and maybe make a profit if you were to sell them.

Do you think that the certificates confirming they are from the Lucasfilm archives are worth paying Ã'£100 for though? If I were after a graded vehicle the Lucasfilm thing wouldn't really bother me, it would be more about the condition.

han duo

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
I reckon you'd at least break even and maybe make a profit if you were to sell them.

Do you think that the certificates confirming they are from the Lucasfilm archives are worth paying Ã'£100 for though? If I were after a graded vehicle the Lucasfilm thing wouldn't really bother me, it would be more about the condition.

i payed Ã'£25 for each certificate(so yes it was Ã'£100) but i feel as though it could be a good move as they have been in the archives stored rather than every collector and his dog fingering them for 25-30 years,

they are in really good conditon , the battlewagon is really good, anyway if you look at how many are on the market , and how many (as a percentage) came from shops and how many came from the lucas archives...... this is why i parted with the Ã'£25 per vehicle ?? i just though this may have some relavance ? what do you think ?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If your in no rush Han, and you stick it on Ebay with a BIN or Best offer at a reasonable price (something that covers your costs) you will probably find a buyer eventually. May take 2 days may take 2 months!
But I reckon you done alright there.

han duo

Sith Lord
weasel said:
If your in no rush Han, and you stick it on Ebay with a BIN or Best offer at a reasonable price (something that covers your costs) you will probably find a buyer eventually. May take 2 days may take 2 months!
But I reckon you done alright there.

do you think it would be to much to put the lot up at a buy now price of Ã'£850-Ã'£1000 ??? ( oviously depending on what they get AFA grading)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Like you say it depends on the AFA grade. You may get more in total if you sell them seperately. People may only want one or two of the three items.

Wait and see what AFA say and take it from there.

I take it you've seen this on Ebay at the minute.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-POTF-Ewok-Battle-Wagon-MISB-AFA-80_W0QQitemZ110147672844QQihZ001QQcategoryZ52336QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

han duo

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Like you say it depends on the AFA grade. You may get more in total if you sell them seperately. People may only want one or two of the three items.

Wait and see what AFA say and take it from there.

I take it you've seen this on Ebay at the minute.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Star-Wars-POTF-Ewok-Battle-Wagon-MISB-AFA-80_W0QQitemZ110147672844QQihZ001QQcategoryZ52336QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yes muther ****a is flooding the market place (with all items), he must have spent a fortune at the L.A auction, how did he get the AFA so bloody cheap ?? :shock: :twisted:

p.s yes i did see it my heart sank !

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It's Cloudcity mate, they are big dealers.
I aint complaining, I just picked up two items from them for a fair bit less than I seen others go for recently.

I would also say that I think that's a pretty good price for a battlewagon, if I didn't hate Ewoks so much I might actually have considered going for it. So I wouldn't be too worried about them selling one at that price. After all yours could be an AFA85.

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Cloud City don't have to pay postage to or return postage from AFA as they are about 5 mins away from their offices. Thats why they sell for lower prices than most sometimes.

If your battle wagon gets an 85 then you could get around the Ã'£400 mark People will pay a fair bit more for an 85 as there won't be many with that grade :wink:

han duo

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
Cloud City don't have to pay postage to or return postage from AFA as they are about 5 mins away from their offices. Thats why they sell for lower prices than most sometimes.

If your battle wagon gets an 85 then you could get around the Ã'£400 mark People will pay a fair bit more for an 85 as there won't be many with that grade :wink:

i hope you right ?? :D
ive got that sicky feeling at the moment !! :x :cry:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:lol:
I don't know mate, Bollox is sorting the T-shirts out. I'm sure it'll arrive in the post in a few days!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom