Advice needed from someone (or many people) in the know

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Picked up a ROTJ Biker Scout and was wondering if it seems legit to you guys. I only ask because it says that it is made in Mexico and I don't have other Mexican made ones in my collection to compare it to.

The card is quite shiney compared to normal on the front, duller on the back but the bubble has a regular pattern in the glue as I usually look for. I've attached a quick photo that may or may not help. My instincts are that it's legit based on having really inspected it close up and going on what I've heard previously. Definitely not a custom card but could be reseal with original card and bubble.

Also of note is there is a flat plastic insert behind the figure in the bubble and it is a 65 back.

Any advice is appreciated.

Mex%20Bubble%20013.jpg

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
craignwo4life said:
Not an expert on MOC's but due to the yellowing bubble it looks fine to me. :wink:

Good point, a mint bubble would probably be used in a recard. Maybe the original bubble stuck back on but it doesn't look like it.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
The dull card back is normal for Made in Mexico (MIM).

There should be a hole in the card back behind the figure (although this isn't there on all cards as I discovered from a recent thread at RS). It will be punched through round about the o in of above C3PO on the card back.

The plastic insert is normal.

The lack of waffle weave on the bubble seal is normal.

Unless there is any obvious sign of repair or litho tearing around the bubble area it is probably okay.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Fitzy said:
Good point, a mint bubble would probably be used in a recard. Maybe the original bubble stuck back on but it doesn't look like it.

It's usually fairly obvious when a bubble has been re-applied.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
AndyG said:
The dull card back is normal for Made in Mexico (MIM).

There should be a hole in the card back behind the figure (although this isn't there on all cards as I discovered from a recent thread at RS). It will be punched through round about the o in of above C3PO on the card back.

The plastic insert is normal.

The lack of waffle weave on the bubble seal is normal.

Unless there is any obvious sign of repair or litho tearing around the bubble area it is probably okay.

Cheers for that. Looks like it's totally legit which is pleasing because it was a bit of a bargain. It has the hole in the back that you refer to. I thought that this was damage though so it is in better nick than I first thought. What is the hole for/there for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom