A Change of Star Wars Heart....?

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Just wondering if anyone had any figures they thought were crap as a Kid that have come to like years later. Maybe even 'Focus' on?

I always thought the likes of Ree Yees was a bit of a dull character as a kid but think its kind of a cool looking figure now.

Likewise, I reckon now that the At At Commander is a very well sculpted action figure, something you don't really appreciate as a child playing with a toy.

Just a thought :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Used to hate 2-1b as a kid as could never find a use for him in play as I took no prisoners, but as an adut I can really appreciate just how much thought & attention to detail went in the the figure & after all FX-7 needs someone to boss him about :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Used to hate 2-1b as a kid as could never find a use for him in play as I took no prisoners, but as an adut I can really appreciate just how much thought & attention to detail went in the the figure & after all FX-7 needs someone to boss him about :lol:

The doctor rocks!

:)

Jason

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Imp Dig was **** and is still **** :wink:

There is none that I thought were crap that I would now focus on. I appreciate Madines sculpt more than I did as a kid, I am a Luke Farmboy fan too (thought he was shite as a kid) but in general what was cool then is still cool now and vice versa.

x-pack

Grand Master
Not really. Still taken with the same ones I was back then - Tie Pilot, IG88, Fett, Greedo 8)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
I suppose another aspect of this could well be the card back with the figure. Certain cards I look at now just look awesome compared to my memory as a little lad. I guess I was just too busy ripping them open as a kid to care for the packaging :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
All I know is I always hated FX-7 for some reason (maybe because he has no legs to walk or move around on). I never had one as a child and it's the last one I've picked up to complete my Palitoy 30 back run. As for the figures I liked as a child I think I still hold those dear to my heart and although I've never been much of an Ewok fan I do have a complete set of them all just because they make me laugh, maybe my mind has been changed slightly with them. Oh and I've always liked the large head Han which I know goes against most peoples Han preference, it's what I grew up with and it's just stuck with me! :D

Ian

captainhancock

Padawan
Yep 4-LOM I had him as a kid and didn't know who he was. Which is understandable as he looks nothing like his screen counterpart. I thought he might be a shitty version of the Sand People.

Now I think hes cool, he's a pretty snappy dresser with that cream overcoat. What a pimp.

captainhancock

Padawan
JuniorChubb said:
Rebel_Runner said:
4-LOM and Lobot have grown on me quite a lot over time.

Age has made me wonder if Lobot has chosen the camp side of the force. Who chose that shirt?

Well Lobot and Lando had what can be described as a special relationship. They could communicate with just a furtive glance after all.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
captainhancock said:
JuniorChubb said:
Rebel_Runner said:
4-LOM and Lobot have grown on me quite a lot over time.

Age has made me wonder if Lobot has chosen the camp side of the force. Who chose that shirt?

Well Lobot and Lando had what can be described as a special relationship. They could communicate with just a furtive glance after all.

Shocking :shock:

Can't believe I missed that, I bet Lobot hated Nien Nunb :lol:

benny100

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
All I know is I always hated FX-7 for some reason (maybe because he has no legs to walk or move around on). I never had one as a child and it's the last one I've picked up to complete my Palitoy 30 back run. As for the figures I liked as a child I think I still hold those dear to my heart and although I've never been much of an Ewok fan I do have a complete set of them all just because they make me laugh, maybe my mind has been changed slightly with them. Oh and I've always liked the large head Han which I know goes against most peoples Han preference, it's what I grew up with and it's just stuck with me! :D

Ian

I've just started an fx-7 focus!

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Glad to hear you have a change of heart on ree yees Jeff ;) in all fairness wasn't fond of the character as a child, but now looking back... Well we all know how that's gone!

captainhancock

Padawan
Well Lobot and Lando had what can be described as a special relationship. They could communicate with just a furtive glance after all.[/quote]

Shocking :shock:

Can't believe I missed that, I bet Lobot hated Nien Nunb :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I suppose Lobot had his reasons for staying behind in Cloud City, he was very attached to the city's central computer after all. I guess space relationships are complex. Just look at the Skywalkers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom