Focus Collections Questions

inzaman

Sith Lord
After seeing PhantomShadows excellent RG focus i have a few questions;

1) Are there any other focus collectors?, if so what is your focus?
2) Why do you focus on a particular figure or SW item?
3) If you are not currently a focus collector then what figure or SW item would you focus on?

I am not numbers 1 or 2 but for number 3 i would probably focus on the Tie pilot as i like the figure and i really like the card back. I also like the ATAT driver figure and he does drive one of the coolest vehicles :)

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Hi Inzaman.

1. No I'm not a focus collector - but once I am content with my basic collection I would like to focus on a few characters.

3. My prefered focus (for the future) would be IG-88, Stormtrooper and Hoth Trooper. not too sure there are that many variations - but I would like to collect them on different cardbacks at least.

sith-smith

Grand Master
I focus on palitoy, rather than one particular figure.

Within that there are certain figures i focus on, the main one being Luke Bespin.

Palitoy is what i remember as a kid. Luke Bespin is one figure i can remember getting and was always one of my favourites.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i was just focused on getting a carded collection . now i have it i will go for a loose one and maybe regress some of my jedi cards

the focusing on one figure thing scares me a little and while phantoms collection looks great my brain just says " not another Ã'£30/Ã'£40 on the same figure"
could understand if the pictures on the cards were different ( i have lobot, luke bespin,ben, vader on 2 different cards) but the whole b back , c back thing seems a little .... not strange but as i dont have all the ships and playsets and only a limited budget i guess i would spend it on a variety rather then the same thing.
good job we are all different :wink:

warrachuppin

Padawan
I actually started to collect Luke X-Wing Figures, the problem is, it is tied up by so many collectors.

Now I am looking at a few of Luke X-Wing, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper and R2-D2

What I would like is a couple of MOC's from each, a proof card from each and some sort of prototype.

Focus's are great but hard to find so many items.

Daz

Bollux

Grand Master
If I was to have one it would be a Han Bespin as its the one figure I remember picking up from the pegs in Debenhams (back when they sold toys).

Be too easy I think though!

Other than that, just randomly working my way through a loose figure and ship/playset collection

random but happy :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
I collect Han Hoth's because he was my favourite as a kid. He doesn't look the best but the fact he had a holster was why I liked him. I never lost his gun :D

I wouldn't mind focussing on yoda or R2 as I think the figures look great. But they're for another day.

I'm not at the stage where I'm collecting a-c backs I'm more after different card fronts-its easier to explain to the other half. I do collect the 12" figures and ships too but only at the right price.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
inzaman said:
After seeing PhantomShadows excellent RG focus i have a few questions;

oh blame me :lol:

inzaman said:
1) Are there any other focus collectors?, if so what is your focus?

Not Vintage, but Barriss Offee... a 5 figs...

inzaman said:
2) Why do you focus on a particular figure or SW item?

Strangely enough its the same reason for both - both stand around doing nothing yet they are both a strong presence. Although getting my arm around Nalini Krishan also helped that idea for a focus...
I also thought "can't be many RG's out there" which also was a reason :?

inzaman said:
3) If you are not currently a focus collector then what figure or SW item would you focus on?

I'll answer this aswell as I only started the RG a few years ago and couldn't decided what to focus on. Was tempted to go for Squidhead ot one of the Leia figs

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I had an original Han Solo focus and had several AFA graded cards but with the cost and lack of storage space I decided to sell them all. :(

It was my favourite figure as a kid and now I am looking for all of the Han figures AFA graded 90 loose so I suppose that is my focus. :D

Other than than I pick a figure and look for as many variants that I can find, recently it was Squid Head, Jawa, Luke and Leia Bespin. 8)

inzaman

Sith Lord
Some good answers there guys, i was also v close to trying for an R2 focus as i really like the card backs i.e. the 12 back and the POTF line, i also like the wind up R2.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
luke bespin is mine obviously.

several reasons - i love the figure, there are so many card/figure variations, and well that wraps it up really :lol:

in fact i can't think of another figure that has so many variations both to the figure and cardbacks.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I will be starting a focus on leia ponch soon. I am just waiting for a lili ledy prototype and factory version to turn up. (They are coming from mexico and the postal system there is horrendus!!) . Once they arrive i will be on a leia endor mission. I chose her because she was released on a jedi card (less cards to collect :wink: ) and because she is not an obvious figure i may be able to get most of the prototypes / molds cardbacks etc at sensible prices. (well sort of sensible compared to a han or luke figure)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i'm not sure i will ever go for prototypes/moulds etc, not just because of the crazy prices, but they don't really appeal to me.
carded figures and proof cards are what interests me at the moment 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
i'm not sure i will ever go for prototypes/moulds etc, not just because of the crazy prices, but they don't really appeal to me.
Also you have to be very wary of fakes. :evil:

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Not really got a focus,I'm just trying to get a full carded collection that is graded.
Just a bit of info for Craig,your AFA 85 12 back Han small head which I bought off you a few months back sits proudly on display next to my 85 Vader and 85 rated Luke,cheers.
Will post a photo when I get round to it.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
my major focus is YODA. i have a big collection of all things yoda you can think of, and i want to make it bigger!!

also focusing on getting a complete coin collection plus any rare or prototype coins i can afford and get and the usual carded figures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom