pen touch ups on carded figures!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i was rather disappointed to see at CE that two stalls selling vintage items had carded figures that had been touched up with black pen to hide creases. it annoyed me because you would think that because they are selling at a major convention, they wouldnt sell them like this.

do you lot reckon it was done by them, or is that how they got them and are just taking a chance at selling them hoping it doesnt get noticed??

i walked away from both stalls as soon as i noticed it, didnt even bother looking at any of their other stuff.

would you buy carded figures that have been touched up or is it just me being picky??

xAngelx

Jedi Master
I think creases etc show you how old it really is.

I don't even like looking at figures where the card has had black pen run round the edges of the card.

It's blasphemy!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i only buy them to take them off cards but if i collected carded figures i would rather them have origanal creases then pen all over them

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
xAngelx said:
Jabba, you don't have any Biker Scout cardbacks do you?

not yet ,but i do have a loose one and a potf dirty with bike boxed but thats little jabbas and you will have to ask him ............when he can talk :roll:

not giving him any more moden stuff at moment .gave him a dewback (took reins of )and all i can find is one rear leg :shock:

lee gray

Sith Lord
Years ago when i first started collecting again if a card had a slight bit of edge wear i use to run a bit of black velt over it to cover it up as it was for my own collection but that was years ago i wouldnt dream of doing it now and would hate to buy one like it but god knows how many ppl own touch up ones out there and not know about it

but selling them with inked crease marks is well dodgy

afa wont grade it either

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
What? Did he ****ing eat it?
I knew you Yorkshire people were a bit weird, but eating plastic toys!? :D :lol:

I wouldn't buy a MOC that had been drawn on either, unless I was gonna take it off card. (Which is somethin I'll leave to Jabba)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
What? Did he ****ing eat it?
I knew you Yorkshire people were a bit weird, but eating plastic toys!? :D :lol:

I wouldn't buy a MOC that had been drawn on either, unless I was gonna take it off card. (Which is somethin I'll leave to Jabba)

i am starting to wonder.he was ill the other day and with out sounding cruel the break was great as he wasnt eating and just slepted all the time

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
Always had you down as the caring dad, mate!

Your really selling parenthood to me!

my advice about parenting is ,if you can get them on to chips with out cracking up its happy ****ing days

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
what you have to remember is that nobody is stupid enough to put pen on figures these days, especially as afa won't touch them. it was probably done years ago, in fact i did it to some of mine that had big tears/creases in the 90's, you should see my x-wing box :oops:

A

Anonymous

I don't think I should mention that when I bought my figures , I used to circle the ones that I had on the back. I still have all the cards though.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
dodge said:
I don't think I should mention that when I bought my figures , I used to circle the ones that I had on the back. I still have all the cards though.

so did i 8) and my mates did the same

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I did the same when I was a kid. I still got the cards as well.
I also used to cut some of the pictures of figures out on the back, the ones I wanted my folks to get me, god kows why!
When I had cut them out they were the size of your finger nail!
I guess I was only a kid though.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i had a bad experiance on ebay a while back when i bought a boxed tie interceptor. thought the guy was honest and decent until the bloody thing turned up. had ****ing pen marks all over it which he didnt mention in the listing. so i e-mailed him about it and he denied all knowledge of it saying the box was perfect. i was like ive got it in my hands and i can see the pen marks as bright as a baboons arse. at least be honest and say its got pen marks on it!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom