12back cardback Luke Skywalker COO

TheGent

Jedi Master
The first figure on first card (12back A) l, so definitely not the ebs, is it confirmed that it always was a 3-line Hong Kong Coo?

momike

Jedi Master
Yes mate its pretty much fact that 12 back Lukes came with a three line HK and possibly Two (don't hold me to that though) and should also have brown eye paint like all the earlier figures did.

I stand corrected he also came with Taiwan :oops:

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Did all of the 1st 12 figures have a 3 Line Coo?

So Luke has brown eye paint, did all the other 1st 12 figs have this color also?

How about Ben? Which is the 1st grey or white hair?

I just completed my 1st 12 set and need to check my coo's & eye paint colors.

Are their any links to this or a reference of 1st 12 coo's?

momike

Jedi Master
Jedi_june said:

So Luke has brown eye paint, did all the other 1st 12 figs have this color also?

Yes mate all the early figures had brown eye paint, the early Ben had white hair though he did come with grey hair on 12 backs but I believe these to be later release, the figures should be Hong Kong coo but I've heard of r2 having a Taiwan coo and chewie came with three different coos which are HONG KONG(large) HONG KONG(small) and MIHK, I am also sure that leia came with MIHK aswell as HONG KONG. If your figures have a HK coo and brown eye paint its more than likely they are early released figures.

I think luke FB, stormtrooper, and c3p0 came with 3 line coos but IMO the three line coo's were not exclusive to the early figures. You can also identify them by the weapons, earlier figures came with green weapons and the sabers had letters on the hilt

mike-skywalker

Padawan
12back A Luke Skywalker Made in Taiwan.
The really first Figures were produced in Hong Kong, but Taiwan follows straight after that.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Is the Black face paint, 3 line, luke farmboy figure a later release so?
Here's a shot of mine side by side
IMG_20131229_195852.jpg

Had a good look at my 12 Back card. It's a Brown face, 3 line figure. Its a 12b card.
IMG_20131229_195914.jpg

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
momike said:
Jedi_june said:

Yes mate all the early figures had brown eye paint, the early Ben had white hair though he did come with grey hair on 12 backs but I believe these to be later release, the figures should be Hong Kong coo but I've heard of r2 having a Taiwan coo and chewie came with three different coos which are HONG KONG(large) HONG KONG(small) and MIHK, I am also sure that leia came with MIHK aswell as HONG KONG. If your figures have a HK coo and brown eye paint its more than likely they are early released figures.

I think luke FB, stormtrooper, and c3p0 came with 3 line coos but IMO the three line coo's were not exclusive to the early figures. You can also identify them by the weapons, earlier figures came with green weapons and the sabers had letters on the hilt

Thanks for the info.

My Leia & Luke have black eye paint :cry: Leia is MIHK Coo & Luke is HK 2 line but no letter on the hilt :cry: I did read about the early figures having translucent green accesories.

I have another question, which of the Hans are 1st Big head or Small head? Both of mine have brown face paint (my small head has moulded legs).

Also is the R2 with solid blue dome 1st?

Thanks

momike

Jedi Master
Small head Han came first mate, I also have the molded legs small head Han which I think was the first released Han Solo as oposed to the non painted legs small head version

Jeff I can't say for sure that the black eye paint luke was not an early release I just know that the brown paint was :wink:

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
momike said:
Small head Han came first mate, I also have the molded legs small head Han which I think was the first released Han Solo as oposed to the non painted legs small head version

And the R2 is the solid blue dome correct?

Thanks for all your help & replys :D

momike

Jedi Master
Jedi_june said:
momike said:

That's correct june :wink:

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
momike said:
Jedi_june said:
momike said:

That's correct june :wink:

you mean drak blue?? That is NOT correct! Dark or light blue is just a matter of how thick the color (translucent blue) was apllied! A myth that never dies!

Dark blue painted R2s can come from nearly all cardbacks! It is just that people wnat to have the "earliest" version which is impossible!

On the Luke 12back we can find: 3-line HK, Taiwan and large HK!!! So which on is the earliest now??
The only thing we know is that TW never came with DT saber so the other two coos are a tiny bit earlier?!?!?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
momike said:
Jeff I can't say for sure that the black eye paint luke was not an early release I just know that the brown paint was :wink:

...as far as I remeber also all three eye colors from 3-line coo: reddish, brown and balck can be found on 12-back! ;)

momike

Jedi Master
When I say HONG KONG was the early release I'm basing that on the fact that's what came with the EB kit.

I think most of the paint on the r2's from the EB kit were a darker blue IMO but that's not to say all dark blue r2's are early release

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
momike said:
When I say HONG KONG was the early release I'm basing that on the fact that's what came with the EB kit.

I think most of the paint on the r2's from the EB kit were a darker blue IMO but that's not to say all dark blue r2's are early release

Strange...I havent seen that much EB kits with dark blue R2 ;)...much more the other way around!

Anyway.....people like to determine whats early release, although it is simply impossible (besides the DT sabers)......so please go on! :roll:

(And btw: OP asked for 12backs....and that is THREE coo families....to be more specific: 6 different coos known and possible for Luke!)

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Jedi_june said:

That cant be said for sure mate! There is a ton of different shades! If you have only two in hands it is easy to determine which one is more grey and which one is more white, but fact is that there is tons of shades! (need to do that pic finally...sigh)

Anyway....you wont find a pattern or an answer. It is just like it is: The output in the beginning was overwhelming and every batch can have its own colors.....

AND...the colors can repeat.....first btach brownish...then more blackish...then again more brownish to the eyes. It is as simple as that: Impossible to say if you do not rip it off a 12backA! ;)

momike

Jedi Master
I'm not arguing with you mate, i dont own an EB kit, your much more knowledgable about this sort of thing than me.

When it comes to coos I'm no kind of expert, I would agree nothing is concrete and there is a lot of guess work floating around in regards to it,

I stand corrected about the 12 backs coming with a Taiwan coo also

I stand by the early HK figures having brown paint

momike

Jedi Master
I'm basing the white hair Ben being the earliest release due to the fact only white hair is documented with dt sabers which were the first release were they not?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom