Header image

POTF Coins

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:Potf coins took me 4 years, 2000 - 2004, droids production, prototype and unproduced took me 7 years 2004 - 2011! Ewoks i dont think i will ever finish, due to scarcity and cost.


So you bought most of them when they were cheaper :D I remember I also began to collect coins in the early 00 but I also remember some of the more rare coins was expensive so I changed my focus. But I still have maybe 30 coins or something like that. Not any rare I think :lol:

Sorry to read that you will not finish your ewok coin collection :(

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Yeah! 5 short! I still need wicket prototype and chitatar, weechee, morag ans Chief Chirpa unproduced coins!
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

When i was collecting them, the last 2 i needed were Luke hoth and Greedo, think i paid £200 each for them, but the coins were more readily available back then.
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:Yeah! 5 short! I still need wicket prototype and chitatar, weechee, morag ans Chief Chirpa unproduced coins!


I really hope that you find them and that you ahve the money for them :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:When i was collecting them, the last 2 i needed were Luke hoth and Greedo, think i paid £200 each for them, but the coins were more readily available back then.


Many thing was more available years ago, I miss that :(

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:When i was collecting them, the last 2 i needed were Luke hoth and Greedo, think i paid £200 each for them, but the coins were more readily available back then.


Many thing was more available years ago, I miss that :(


The good old days! :)

I am currently trying to complete CIV medallion set to add to my coin collection. :)
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:When i was collecting them, the last 2 i needed were Luke hoth and Greedo, think i paid £200 each for them, but the coins were more readily available back then.


Many thing was more available years ago, I miss that :(


The good old days! :)

I am currently trying to complete CIV medallion set to add to my coin collection. :)


yes the good old days, I want them back so I can buy some of the figures that is to expensive for me today :lol:

CIV medallion set, is that some new stuff or vintage ? never heard about it :oops:

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:40 pm

They were pewter medallions that released for Celebration Europe and Celebration CVI in 2007 they were given out at the collectors panels, similar to the vehicles ones at last years CE.

The CE ones are the ones with the alt Stsr wars logo in different languages. I currently need 4 from the CIV set and have completed the CE set

Image
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:They were pewter medallions that released for Celebration Europe and Celebration CVI in 2007 they were given out at the collectors panels, similar to the vehicles ones at last years CE.

The CE ones are the ones with the alt Stsr wars logo in different languages. I currently need 4 from the CIV set and have completed the CE set

Image


Nice I love the jawa coin 8) I only knew about the vintage coins, still much to learn all the time :D

I hope you find the last coins :wink:

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks!


Are you going for a 62 set? What do you have so far and what do you need?
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8179
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:Thanks!


Are you going for a 62 set? What do you have so far and what do you need?


It have been years since I bought a coin, I am not sure about what I need. But if I remember correct I have 30+ coins, I am sure about I need all the expensive :lol: I changed my focus years ago and I have trying to get all the boxes, all the lili ledy, Takara, Top Toys, Toltoys, Glasslite, PBP, POCH, Meccano loose figures, one of each figure moc, all the tri-logo cardbacks and all the star wars weekly comics and then I also have my focus on danish star wars items.

User avatar
MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 705
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: POTF Coins

Postby MarkG » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Carl Waterworth wrote:Thanks!


Are you going for a 62 set? What do you have so far and what do you need?


There's 63 in a set mate.. ;-)
Wanted - Instruction sheets and Stormtrooper cardbacks preferably....
Lili Ledy Boxed Speeder Bike

User avatar
Carl Waterworth
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: POTF Coins

Postby Carl Waterworth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:20 am

MarkG wrote:
Carl Waterworth wrote:Thanks!


Are you going for a 62 set? What do you have so far and what do you need?


There's 63 in a set mate.. ;-)


Mark!!!!

F%€= o%$

:P :P :P
501st ID - TK/TB/DZ/BH3229


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests