Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Nice set of Chirpas especially the Meccano and Clippers. Finally completed my Molded Face Luke Jedi today and ticked off another 2018 goal for me. I got him in two instalments - initially a regular Taiwan Luke and snap cape but with incorrectly paired blue HK saber. So I donated the blue saber to his brother, and finally picked up a Molded Face variant this week for a good price. He now comes with the correct grey v2 blaster and correct v4 saber. Thanks to Thomas Gill for confirming what variant snap cape and advice on blaster, and to James Kenneison for the verification process on the saber. He’ll probably recall a great number of posts on a TIG thread with some crappy lores photos :lol:
Attachments
3081B932-38A9-4CED-8FCF-0F9E356EB268.jpeg
3081B932-38A9-4CED-8FCF-0F9E356EB268.jpeg (144.96 KiB) Viewed 341 times

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2733
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:25 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Nice set of Chirpas especially the Meccano and Clippers. Finally completed my Molded Face Luke Jedi today and ticked off another 2018 goal for me. I got him in two instalments - initially a regular Taiwan Luke and snap cape but with incorrectly paired blue HK saber. So I donated the blue saber to his brother, and finally picked up a Molded Face variant this week for a good price. He now comes with the correct grey v2 blaster and correct v4 saber. Thanks to Thomas Gill for confirming what variant snap cape and advice on blaster, and to James Kenneison for the verification process on the saber. He’ll probably recall a great number of posts on a TIG thread with some crappy lores photos :lol:


Thank you and congratulations on completing your Molded Face Luke Jedi. :)

User avatar
poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5017
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby poncho » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am

i gave up looking for a pure pink face han hoth pbp. (its where no white base has been applied just the pink spray normally a white primer is applied then pink spray after this is why you find pale pink creamy pink etc etc)

anyway i couldnt jusitfy the price tag.

so my usual vintage starwars search on ebay i spyed with little pink eye ha ha a han hoth pure pink well i was sure of it 99%! ive researched it enough! roll on the end of 7 day auction! and the waiting of getting sniped :-( but.with a winning bid of £5.50. woop woop its mine. it has a small chip on the nose but other thats hes beaut :-)
Attachments
Screenshot_20180226-102923.png
Screenshot_20180226-102923.png (232.95 KiB) Viewed 273 times
P1060001.JPG
P1060001.JPG (66.67 KiB) Viewed 273 times

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Got spot. Great price. Must of missed that one.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2944
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm

I really love the look of the moulded face Luke Jedi compared to the painted one, the face features look nice and sharp and clean, and with the eye & eyebrow paint seems sharper painted onto the bare plastic.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:14 pm

subzero wrote:I really love the look of the moulded face Luke Jedi compared to the painted one, the face features look nice and sharp and clean, and with the eye & eyebrow paint seems sharper painted onto the bare plastic.

And of course you never get the nose rub, just gotta watch out for paint loss on the hair. This one is pretty good though. He’s one of my favourite variants along with my Hollow Cheeks TR :D

User avatar
hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby hellhippie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:27 pm

great get Chris, not easy to find these days . watta price too!!
id rather be fishing

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2944
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
subzero wrote:I really love the look of the moulded face Luke Jedi compared to the painted one, the face features look nice and sharp and clean, and with the eye & eyebrow paint seems sharper painted onto the bare plastic.

And of course you never get the nose rub, just gotta watch out for paint loss on the hair. This one is pretty good though. He’s one of my favourite variants along with my Hollow Cheeks TR :D


Ah of course yeah I forgot no nose rubs, took me a good while to get a painted one with no rubs on it, just that tiny bit of paint loss ruins the entire figure imo.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2733
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Loving the Han Hoth. I used to have one and definitely on my want list.

User avatar
Hooch
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:26 am
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Hooch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:11 am

poncho wrote: roll on the end of 7 day auction! and the waiting of getting sniped :-( but.with a winning bid of £5.50. woop woop its mine.

Congrats on the bargain
It's a great feeling winning after a nervous last few seconds hoping you don't get sniped
Hooch, somehow you always make ewoks look cool 8)


My feedback: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23429

My most wanted: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23845

User avatar
Leon355
Regular
Regular
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:43 am
Location: Lancashire

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Leon355 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 am

A couple of new additions
Attachments
E320C5EA-6B07-4460-9A12-E70D18925F8C.jpeg
E320C5EA-6B07-4460-9A12-E70D18925F8C.jpeg (182.67 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Best things in life come in small packages.!

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2371
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:13 am

Leon355 wrote:A couple of new additions

Very nice, I still need both of those.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2944
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 am

Stunning condition MOC's, nice stuff! :)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 828
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby chipsteak » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Here's a meagre offering from me in the shape of a tiny piece of blue sticky paper!

I've got an ongoing run of cardbacks which has been improved upon since I started collecting. Among it's 'rules' are to have at least one of every type of card sold in the UK. I've been after one of these forever. The Palitoy 41back with the blue label covering the usual 'with figures' error beside the Star Destroyer Playset.

Image



It has been slotted in.

Image

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2733
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Leon355 wrote:A couple of new additions


Really nice pick-ups especially the clear bubble on Nien's MOC. :)


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests