Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby stormcab » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Well done on that Fett Edd. Stands out a mile from what we’re used to seeing from Toni. That bubble is totally different.

Congrats on the trilogo Luke Stormy and Pali Hoth Han. 2 high up on my wants.

After nothing for around a year I had a little run of buys when the right MOCs came up. These 2 arrived from the US about a week apart off Facebook. The AT-AT Driver brings my focus up to 5, and the Bib brings my Canadian Focus up to 4. The Bib was pricier than your average yellow bubble version, but couldn’t find any other sales to know if it was a good price. I concluded it was a good price firstly by it being pretty rare, and secondly the clear bubbles on these have commanded a premium on past sales; in the region of a few hundred pounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2595
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:40 pm

stormcab wrote:Well done on that Fett Edd. Stands out a mile from what we’re used to seeing from Toni. That bubble is totally different.

Congrats on the trilogo Luke Stormy and Pali Hoth Han. 2 high up on my wants.

After nothing for around a year I had a little run of buys when the right MOCs came up. These 2 arrived from the US about a week apart off Facebook. The AT-AT Driver brings my focus up to 5, and the Bib brings my Canadian Focus up to 4.


Nice MOC's my friend. Always liked the Bib MOC. Thank you for sharing. :)

Scarifpacific
New User
New User
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: U.K.

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Scarifpacific » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:47 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:Been a while since I’ve picked anything up as I’m sitting on a list of hard to find wants... these two though very happily came across my path:

Tri-Logo Luke Stormtrooper
5434FB6E-3093-4A56-96D2-DCBEEB8F043E.jpeg

Palitoy debut card for Han Hoth
C9D8DB18-9546-46EC-B27D-7A704412B477.jpeg


Very, very nice.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 pm

roundster wrote:
Scarifpacific wrote:The Speeder isn’t new but the GW acrylic case is. I think they look nice together!?

41BFE855-407A-4E25-AD41-B97CC9A2D41C.jpeg


Acrylic makes everything look great!! Thinking of encasing myself :lol:

I can’t recommend GW cases enough, as you say they make everything look great.
Congratulations on all the MOC’s being shown off, just got to love that Luke Stormtrooper and the AT driver, fantastic.

User avatar
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 7601
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby spoons » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 pm

could do with a GW case for this - but not sure they make them this small :)

A Takara Zetca die cast X-Wing. Seemed a good price so thought I'd go for something a bit different. The regular die cast Falcon is in there for scale.

16_04_18 (87).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:24 pm

That’s different and intresting, just love the Japanese typeface....”space alloy”!?!

User avatar
TWOFOOT
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: ipswich , suffolk
Contact:

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TWOFOOT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Belated birthday prezzies from my family. :)
[img]
IMG_20180416_222454_513.jpg
[/img]

Sorry about the filter. Lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This can only lead me down a dark path....... Again. Lol

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Spoons awesome miniature diecast... but then the Japanese do love their Bonsai. Twofoot what a way to start up again with the complete first 12. Love it.

User avatar
TWOFOOT
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: ipswich , suffolk
Contact:

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TWOFOOT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Spoons awesome miniature diecast... but then the Japanese do love their Bonsai. Twofoot what a way to start up again with the complete first 12. Love it.

Gonna get them in order this time round. Thankfully I still have a few last 17 figures from last time round. :)
This can only lead me down a dark path....... Again. Lol

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1663
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby coomber75 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 pm

awesome die cast spoons

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4789
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby poncho » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm

andy thats a funky disecast ! nice nice 8)

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2595
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 am

spoons wrote:could do with a GW case for this - but not sure they make them this small :)

A Takara Zetca die cast X-Wing. Seemed a good price so thought I'd go for something a bit different. The regular die cast Falcon is in there for scale.

16_04_18 (87).JPG


Really interesting and different piece. Nice addition Spoons.

TWOFOOT wrote:Belated birthday prezzies from my family. :)
[img]IMG_20180416_222454_513.jpg[/img]

Sorry about the filter. Lol


How Nice is that, family getting you the first 12. Happy belated b'day my friend. :)

P.s. Personally I think the filter looks great and gives an old authentic feel to the photo. :wink:

BruceW
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby BruceW » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 am

SAVORY100 wrote:Been a while since I’ve picked anything up as I’m sitting on a list of hard to find wants... these two though very happily came across my path:

Tri-Logo Luke Stormtrooper
5434FB6E-3093-4A56-96D2-DCBEEB8F043E.jpeg

Palitoy debut card for Han Hoth
C9D8DB18-9546-46EC-B27D-7A704412B477.jpeg


NICE! Love that Pali Han Hoth!

Picked this up a while ago, just forgot to highlight it. It's not the one that was recently for sale on Facebook, but that did jar my memory. I didn't pay anywhere near that FB price. :wink:

Image

Also picked up this bootleg Leia prismatic pinback. It has no dates or manufacturing info on it, but it is vintage and was available through mail order only. Thanks to Todd Chamberlain for pointing this out to me and telling me the history of it. Looks very disco!
One pic with flash, one without.
ImageImage

Cheers all! Great pickups everyone!

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Cardbackkid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 am

Cool Takara Spoons !

Scarifpacific
New User
New User
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: U.K.

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Scarifpacific » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am

My latest addition, all complete but not sealed. And also my reason for having to give Echo a miss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests