Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby AndyPreston » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Spoons, no problem, glad you could use the photo and the info. Congrats on the website by the way, great resource :)
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Empire carded Dengar and Leia Hoth. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 pm

AndyPreston wrote:Spoons, no problem, glad you could use the photo and the info. Congrats on the website by the way, great resource :)

Thanks Andy - added you to the acknowledgements!
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Captainsolo1978
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Captainsolo1978 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:17 am

Awesome pickups. Love the Christmas photos too.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 pm

nice pickups guys
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

SOJ
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SOJ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Lovely Trilogo ERG Iain, great story on the miscard Ben. Loving the photos Seahawk

One of my goals for the year was to get a couple of "foreign" MOC. I posted up a photo of my Meccano Ben several weeks ago.

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks get next to Meccano Ben.

image.jpeg

I also attended Echo at the weekend and picked a few bits which I'll post up some pictures of when I get five. Great catching up with Grant, Stuart, Simon, Nick, Ben, James and Mark. SWFUK represented.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i see your schwartz is as big as mine

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:31 am

Seahawks wrote:My latest acquisition is a set of photos I found over the weekend while visiting my parents during their 50th anniversary. They brought out a box of pictures that had been stored away and covered in dust for decades. While my sister and I were rummaging through them, I found this small set of pictures from my birthday in 1979 which I'd never seen before.

Pretty dang cool to have photographic evidence of where my obsession began.

Can you name all the Star Wars items in the pictures? :)

Love these photos. No flash, shallow depth of field, clearly an SLR. Who was the photographer? They must have been into their photography to have one.

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 am

PulsarP wrote:Land of the Jawas, Dewback and a Fett figure?

Loving those old photos mate, can't put a price on 'em.
Also loving all the other pick ups on here.
Here's a not too obvious miscard I picked up.

Brilliant R2 miscard! Love it.

spoons wrote:I'd agree with that - carry case too? What a find Seahawks - really pleased for you

Well done guys. Here is the list of what I found while studying the pictures. I'm 90% confident that the last couple of pictures is me opening the Falcon. It makes sense as I've had it as long as I can remember (I actually did a full restoration of it a year or two ago). :)

Thanks for letting me share my trip down memory lane. These photos go right up there as the most cherished of my SW collection.

SW Toy ID.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Seahawks on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 am

SOJ wrote:Lovely Trilogo ERG Iain, great story on the miscard Ben. Loving the photos Seahawk

One of my goals for the year was to get a couple of "foreign" MOC. I posted up a photo of my Meccano Ben several weeks ago.

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks get next to Meccano Ben.

I also attended Echo at the weekend and picked a few bits which I'll post up some pictures of when I get five. Great catching up with Grant, Stuart, Simon, Nick, Ben, James and Mark. SWFUK represented.

Brilliant Harbert and Meccano. Those cardback are so amazing looking! Congrats man.

SOJ
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SOJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 am

SOJ wrote:Lovely Trilogo ERG Iain, great story on the miscard Ben. Loving the photos Seahawk

I added my first Harbert this week. Chuffed to bits with this, think he looks great next to Meccano Ben.

image.jpeg

i see your schwartz is as big as mine

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am

Sweet love that Vader and Ben !!!!
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

banton989uk
New User
New User

Postby banton989uk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Recent Iggy purchases! :)

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:59 pm

So many great bits and pieces. Love those vintage photos! Never found one of mine :(

Dan, amazing Vader! Ben is a beauty too. Love pair.

Adam, that's quite a haul of gangly droids right there! I'm not a massive fan of the various custom cards but that Droids IG-88 is different. Love it. So well executed. Did Bill Cable do those? How many were done?

Great stuff all round as always chaps. A real pleasure to visit this thread.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:17 pm

banton989uk wrote:Recent Iggy purchases! :)

that's called a fetish mate :P
nice collection :D
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

banton989uk
New User
New User

Postby banton989uk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Its an Iggish :lol:

Yeah i'm the same, not usually swayed with anything custom either, all vintage Iggy and shooters inside though. Yep its a Bill Cable one, only made 21 of them, a friend bought me it as a gift! :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”