Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby SAVORY100 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 pm

I have a couple of MoC with KayBee clearance stickers that are over existing old stickers, so them having removed one to add their own is very plausible.
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:41 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:I have a couple of MoC with KayBee clearance stickers that are over existing old stickers, so them having removed one to add their own is very plausible.

Thanks, was just curious as I had read about Kay Bee getting over stock of this type of figure and wondered if they had "re priced" them.

Cazza
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Cazza » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Very nice Emperor, Nick. Very clean 8)

This arrived today from Jukesy (Kris). Very happy with it - the Bossk stickers on the back are interesting 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Cazza wrote:Very nice Emperor, Nick. Very clean 8)

This arrived today from Jukesy (Kris). Very happy with it - the Bossk stickers on the back are interesting 8)

Thanks Andy, thats in great condition as well.
I've not seen the back Bossk stickers before either, always amazed that the weapon is still firmly in his grip after all this time!
Nice one.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 pm

wiw never seen a bosk sticker, was iver the moon with my wally cant wait fir the stormie :D lovely emperor!!

benny100
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby benny100 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Really pleased to add this the collection.
Near perfect bubble for a tri logo and considering it must have been hanging around for a while 79c price on it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anything FX-7 related

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Wow that Biker Scout is a beauty! Here's a pretty unusual MOC I picked up in a trade today with James, I don't have many foreign MOCs so it's nice to add this one to the collection

chewbacca-top-toys.jpg

Cardbackkid
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Cardbackkid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Walrusman ! Biker scout ! Chewie !! Cracking Mocs guys :o

Cazza
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Cazza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 pm

That Biker Scout is stunning, Benny!

Awesome Chewie, Edd. Definitely something to be said for the foreign cardbacks... 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Some cracking pick ups as usual everyone, nice Walrusman with bossk sticker it's a 21 E according to 12back.com. Love the Bikerscout and the Top Toys Chewbacca is a gem. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:10 am

Nice pick up edd. That is a rare and extremely desirable piece. Most of the Argentinian collectors rate that bad boy as second only to the Luke Jedi in rarity terms. Also the only top toys figure with copyright information on it but still practically a bootleg.

I think sometimes people are a little blasé about top toys since picking up a stormtrooper has never been too difficult but that is a very hard moc to get, make no mistake.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks, yeah they don't seem to have the same appeal as Ledy's or PBP's but maybe that will change!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:35 am

Mini99 wrote:Well, all the chatter about TRI Logo and their charms in my post about "when did they become more sought after than they were in the 80/90s" I took the plunge!
Saw this and thought that the bubble was good, so hey why not :?
One question though, the original price sticker has been removed and a Kay Bee $.99 has been stuck over the top, well mostly.
Did this happen in the 80s, ie Kay Bee over stock, or has this been done more recently to cover up litho damage and make the MOC more appealing?
Does anyone else have one like this?
Overall very pleased. :D

He's very nice, mate. And whilst it wouldn't surprise me KayBee had removed a sticker first, it's more normal that they just went over the top of the old one. The other thing that's got me thinking is the label itself. KayBee clearance stick started at 79c before going 2/$1.00 (usually hand written in red over 79c label). I don't recall seeing a 99c figure before. Also the code is different to usual: 402079 when it's usual to see 402073. Carl is your man for KayBee as he has a thread on KayBee price stickers. Out and about so can't check my variety or perform a decent search on the forum at the moment but will check again later as I may well be speaking balls.

Regardless, it's a lovely looking figure and a great start on a Trilogo run, hopefully!

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks for your comments, it does not bother me I was just curious, very pleased to find a Tri Logo card and bubble in this condition.
I have not read about the prices on Kay Bee stickers before, interesting, would like to know more.
I also had a bit of trouble in seeing priced stock having the ticket removed, like you I would have thought that another would be stuck over the top, I have examples of this as I am sure we all do.
I think more likely a ticket has been placed to cover up most of a tear at some point in the past.
As mentioned I am pleased with this my first Tri Logo, this time around, has made me appreciate them more!
Again thanks for the interest.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Well, all the chatter about TRI Logo and their charms in my post about "when did they become more sought after than they were in the 80/90s" I took the plunge!
Saw this and thought that the bubble was good, so hey why not :?
One question though, the original price sticker has been removed and a Kay Bee $.99 has been stuck over the top, well mostly.
Did this happen in the 80s, ie Kay Bee over stock, or has this been done more recently to cover up litho damage and make the MOC more appealing?
Does anyone else have one like this?
Overall very pleased. :D

He's very nice, mate. And whilst it wouldn't surprise me KayBee had removed a sticker first, it's more normal that they just went over the top of the old one. The other thing that's got me thinking is the label itself. KayBee clearance stick started at 79c before going 2/$1.00 (usually hand written in red over 79c label). I don't recall seeing a 99c figure before. Also the code is different to usual: 402079 when it's usual to see 402073. Carl is your man for KayBee as he has a thread on KayBee price stickers. Out and about so can't check my variety or perform a decent search on the forum at the moment but will check again later as I may well be speaking balls.

Regardless, it's a lovely looking figure and a great start on a Trilogo run, hopefully!

My KayBee library is still fooked because of photobucket, will need to download all the pics and then add them again. Just had a look on PB though and I had a Jedi Nunb with a $1.29 sticker on and an Ewoks Logray that was $3.79 originally then marked down to $1.99 in red. Also a Circus World stickered Lango General POTF that started at $3.49 so whilst most things were $.79 or 2 for a dollar there was a range of prices.
The codes aren't uniform either so I honestly think it's fine. Someone would have to have pulled the sticker off another MOC or cardback perfectly and then reapplied it to try and gain what, ten quid? Unlikely in my opinion.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”