Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby spoons » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 pm

I was sorry to have missed FF but very happy that Steve Savory sent me a Han Towel as I sent him some images. He's lost none of his talent since the early work

Some great new pickups too. The 12 back Han and ESB farm boy Luke are very special. As is Iain's Yoda 8)

Many thanks Steve and here's the towel with your muse

IMG_4683.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 pm

A pleasure to send this to you, your images made it so much easier and such a better quality product because of it
... I wonder when we'll see Han Towel (3)... The Bespin Bounder...
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Plastikheld
Regular
Regular

Postby Plastikheld » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Sensational aquisitions here. I wanted to post a few entries before, but holy-shit-items coming in here so fast ...
The Yoda sign is absolutely fantastic. I really like Edds FF haul ... that's what I would manage to collect over severeal years.
Andyclarkes 12a Paltoy Han is the best I've ever seen. And "sad" to see Lindos Vectis Luke - I too, was after this one, but I had a Luke Stormtrooper bought recently and hesitated. Congrats!

Absolutely wonderful is the Han Towel Part II. I remember SWCEIII, when I sat in the collectors track waiting for the next panel. Next to me was Steve Savory, which I never met in person before. "Do you swag?" he was asking (or sth like that, I don't remeber exactly), "Sure" and I gave him my ordinary buttons - then he came along with his Han Towel and I was stunned.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Here's my 'Farthest From' haul; some fantastic swag namely Jason's 'Lobstergate' badge, Daz's lobby card, James' Cantina beer mats and Steve's now legendary 'Han towel 2'.

I did buy a couple of things; a tidy 79 back AT-AT Driver for the focus from Nick and a Japanese game console cartridge from Rob - never going to play it, don't even know what to play it on but the artwork and in fact the whole package is wonderful.

Very pleased!!!

IMG_6670.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sith happens.....

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 am

Lom wrote:Here's my 'Farthest From' haul; some fantastic swag namely Jason's 'Lobstergate' badge, Daz's lobby card, James' Cantina beer mats and Steve's now legendary 'Han towel 2'.

I did buy a couple of things; a tidy 79 back AT-AT Driver for the focus from Nick and a Japanese game console cartridge from Rob - never going to play it, don't even know what to play it on but the artwork and in fact the whole package is wonderful.

Very pleased!!!

IMG_6670.JPG

Awesome pickups Martin! Great looking ROTJ AT-AT Driver moc! The game you got is a game made for the Famicon released in 1987 and is a blast to play. The artwork is amazing, but the game itself, while a lot of fun, is completely all over the place. I'm sure the developers were on some strong narcotics while designing it. Lol
The best part is Darth Vader becomes a scorpion! I leave it at that. :)

If you are interested in trying it out, there are ROMs out there so you can play it on your PC. I can point you in the right direction if you are interested.

Congrats!

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

This may end up a bit of a long winded post so please bear with me. Whilst flicking through the last rather underwhelming vectis auction I stumbled across this item.

IMG_7390.PNG

Now I have been known to enjoy a speederbike or two. What caught my eye about this one was the mention of a Danish sticker. Due to the poor photo it wasn't apparent what the sticker was. I was hoping for the circular shok pris sticker. What turned up was this:

IMG_7386.JPG

Why on earth vectis did not take the photo from the other side of the box I don't know.

IMG_7387.JPG

A little bit of information that I have about this sticker is that it was applied by the Danish supermarket bilka. It reads: do not open. If this sticker is unbroken it is your garuntee the contents are undamaged.

IMG_7388.JPG

The really interesting thing about this, or so I have been told, is that although the sticker is known, it hasn't previously been seen on Star Wars and was thought to be later. My little pony/masters of the universe.

Anyway, a cool addition to my little collection of bikes, and another indication vectis don't entirely know what they are doing.

Incidentally, the lot ended up costing me £60 plus fees, and I have to thank Richard for picking it up for me.
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Finally, in addition to the last post, here are my ff pick ups.

Thanks nick. I'm so happy with these.

The Luke hoth has a lot of forum history too.

IMG_7384.JPG
Looking for: A fair priced ungraded trilogo Yak Face MOC (Condition is not so important - no cracked bubbles or broken seals though)

Lom
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Lom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Really nice Ben, would love a Luke Hoth.
Sith happens.....

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:Finally, in addition to the last post, here are my ff pick ups.

Thanks nick. I'm so happy with these.

The Luke hoth has a lot of forum history too.

IMG_7384.JPG

Those three Tri Lukes look stunning together.
Congratulations

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:The Luke hoth has a lot of forum history too.

Edd > C*nt > Joe > Nick > Ben :lol:

Congrats, great set! Nice to see him again and to know he's gone to a good home.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 pm

just wow do many great ff items, love the swag in particular looks great!
thats a serous yoda ian... :shock:
luke x wing a firm fave
love that games console art
to finally get a yak is a great feeling I remember it well!!

JimboUK1979
Regular
Regular

Postby JimboUK1979 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Just had my ESB Survival Kit Mailer back from UKG, very happy with it. I think it displays much better in Acrylic.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:36 pm

My first purchase in a while, and my first well overdue CCP. An absolute minter. Visually gotta be an 85, but little crease on the back where top of the bubble is, a few tiny other barely noticeable bits might mean it would slightly miss 85 if graded. Just right time, right price, clear bubble, mint ESB card, and I finally have one. Awesome figure and colours all round. The blaster fell out of the tape during delivery, and it took some VERY careful shaking and pressing into the bubble to get it back behind the tape. Phew :D

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dorsetmark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:39 pm

One of my favourite childhood figures ( came with two weapons :D )
Very nice card too

Mini99
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Mini99 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm

stormcab wrote:My first purchase in a while, and my first well overdue CCP. An absolute minter. Visually gotta be an 85, but little crease on the back where top of the bubble is, a few tiny other barely noticeable bits might mean it would slightly miss 85 if graded. Just right time, right price, clear bubble, mint ESB card, and I finally have one. Awesome figure and colours all round. The blaster fell out of the tape during delivery, and it took some VERY careful shaking and pressing into the bubble to get it back behind the tape. Phew :D

Congratulations on a great CCP. :P
I am glad that now you have it in hand its as good as you hoped.
Good work in getting the weapon back behind the tape, feels like a frustrating arcade game while doing it, doesn't it. :?

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”