Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby edd_jedi » Mon May 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Mini99 wrote:As already said, you do pick up some amazing cards!
I wish I had your contacts.

Thanks! both of these came from forum members, no inner circle business :)

robpmarsh
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby robpmarsh » Tue May 29, 2018 7:41 am

Something I'd not seen until I picked it up at the Sandown Toy Fair this weekend.

It's an Icarus store window poster they were given when they sold the placemats.

20180529_071253.jpg
20180529_071253.jpg (123 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold!

my Swfuk feedback: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21776

My Leia Hoth focus:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30198

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 pm

robpmarsh wrote:Something I'd not seen until I picked it up at the Sandown Toy Fair this weekend.

It's an Icarus store window poster they were given when they sold the placemats.

20180529_071253.jpg

Very nice poster.

Since there's Luke, Han and Chewie and even Vader missing i'm guessing there's more than one of these that were made?
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 pm

subzero wrote:
robpmarsh wrote:Something I'd not seen until I picked it up at the Sandown Toy Fair this weekend.

20180529_071253.jpg

Very nice poster.

Since there's Luke, Han and Chewie and even Vader missing i'm guessing there's more than one of these that were made?

Yes, it is a nice piece.

Rob, you may be right about these being intended to be posters, however when I bought mine (as new, back in ~1984), the shop had loads of both this one and also the other design that I am aware of (so you are also correct, Richard! :-)), which features Vader, Luke and some Royal Guards. They had plenty of these 'blue' laminated posters (if that's what they are) for sale alongside the more well known Icarus placemats. I have always assumed they were simply a different kind of placemat, but then again, they are more floppy than the definite placemats, so as I say, perhaps you are right and they were really meant to be laminated posters!

Anyway, I bought one of each 'blue', plus several of the large placemats (the approx. 12 x 18" ones; I wasn't even aware they did smaller 10.5 x 8.5" versions until this year!). I never used them, and simply stored them away, however a couple of years ago, I posted pictures of all of mine in a post here if you're interested in seeing them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29936 :-)

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Wed May 30, 2018 4:45 am

P-R-E-T-T-Y Stoked to add this to my focus recently. In superb condition too.
Attachments
ESB DV Case 32bk (SO Bounty Hunters) Front.jpg
ESB DV Case 32bk (SO Bounty Hunters) Front.jpg (131.92 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 am

darth_daddius wrote:P-R-E-T-T-Y Stoked to add this to my focus recently. In superb condition too.

I bet you are!
I’ve never seen a complete one, congratulations.

Leon355
Regular
Regular

Postby Leon355 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 am

darth_daddius wrote:P-R-E-T-T-Y Stoked to add this to my focus recently. In superb condition too.

Very cool !
Best things in life come in small packages.!

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:32 pm

WOW great find 8)

Russ :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm

:shock: What a great piece. Congrats.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Thanks guys, it was one of those pieces that you never think you will be able to get hold of and then the stars aligned.

Cheers
Pat
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Thu May 31, 2018 7:29 am

That is a truly great piece Pat.
I don't usually go for baggies due to my uncertainty with pieces, pretty much like how i feel about autographs, but when they are part of these cases or playsets then that is when they come into their own.
The only ones i own are a few ESB and ROTJ mail aways plus my jawa in the Palitoy Land of the Jawas.

Kudos to that piece 8)
Paul
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Nipped out this lunchtime and went to see a bloke I know that has a collectables shop in the town and treated myself to this figure for my Endor theme 8)
20180531_135919.jpg
20180531_135919.jpg (80.11 KiB) Viewed 242 times

2 Quid......Bargain :D
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Thu May 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Lovely load of (non logo) Palitoy folks

Rich that 3 pack is a proper drops the mic post

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm

tigerham wrote:So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

Holy smokes dude, that's one cracking line up of new MOCs :o

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Thu May 31, 2018 5:52 pm

stormcab wrote:
tigerham wrote:So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

Holy smokes dude, that's one cracking line up of new MOCs :o

Lol, I was wondering why I was getting a notice of a recent aquaitions as not had one for a while. Thank you, really chuffed with them. :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”