Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby chipsteak » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am

Regarding price tags.

I'm not a focus guy but one thing I enjoy is obsessively looking at the price labels of UK bought stuff to see if it's one of my old haunts.

I've thought about starting a swap shop so that I could get people's unwanted Jolly Giants for my unappreciated Toy And Hobby.:) But with inevitable variable conditions, and more, it would be impractical.

I dunno if I'm confessing to being insane ( I'm among friends hopefully ) but I collect bags and other ephemera - or detritus probably - from old shops, mostly with a tenuous Star Wars toy connection.

It's boxed away like some secret shame. I keep meaning to get it out and start a thread about it.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 pm

jedi_mister wrote:Thanks to Iain for shipping this over from the States.

IMG_5377.JPG

That's a cool item, not seen one before either - thanks for sharing
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm

chipsteak wrote:Regarding price tags.

I'm not a focus guy but one thing I enjoy is obsessively looking at the price labels of UK bought stuff to see if it's one of my old haunts.

I've thought about starting a swap shop so that I could get people's unwanted Jolly Giants for my unappreciated Toy And Hobby.:) But with inevitable variable conditions, and more, it would be impractical.

I dunno if I'm confessing to being insane ( I'm among friends hopefully ) but I collect bags and other ephemera - or detritus probably - from old shops, mostly with a tenuous Star Wars toy connection.

It's boxed away like some secret shame. I keep meaning to get it out and start a thread about it.

No shame there- I love price stickers and having a run with all the same sticker looks the mutts nuts. Bags are also brilliant, I've currently got a KayBee one in my cabinet and have my eye on another one to buy this month :D
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:41 pm

I bought a boxed AT-AT last year and it had a Tesco £24.99 price sticker on it. Exactly the same shop and price when my Dad bought me one for Christmas 1982. :D
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby peekaygee73 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Nothing wrong with that!

I've also thought of either starting a thread or a website about this. I'd love to set up a UK-wide map that allowed you to drill down to locations of old toy shops, along with pictures of the shop then & now and any old toys with the price stickers on. I really need to free up some time to do it.

chipsteak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby chipsteak » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm on board.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:31 pm

chipsteak wrote:I dunno if I'm confessing to being insane ( I'm among friends hopefully ) but I collect bags and other ephemera - or detritus probably - from old shops, mostly with a tenuous Star Wars toy connection.

Just be careful with those plastic bags, as they do have a habit of falling apart over time.
I think it depends on what type of plastic they are made of and where they are stored.

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:12 pm

I had some old bags in my attic from around 2005 and when you tried to pick them up they just crumbled.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Another piece of my childhood collection puzzle falls into place with this not strictly speaking vintage (1988) sealed West End Games Assault on Hoth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"U grade for sale"

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Nice leejackel, love a bit of a board game !
So I've been away for a bit due to work on housss and money has been tight. Now getting back into collecting and adding to the R2 focus I had of loose figures and now trying to get some budget Mocs - when I say budget I mean with issues so Cardbacks with bubbles attached , partially sealed but figure can or can't be taken out.
Here's my first of 3 new arrivals from this month.
C3po tri logo , looks to have had bubble removed / or at least mostly taken off and figures removed. I'm not touching it and happy with how it presents in a case .this was under my budget of £50 so proper chuffed With it!
Ricky
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28436&p=472682#p472682
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I feed the Pigeons, I sum times feed the Sparra's too...." Blur-Parklife

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Next up was this Kenner R2D2 Rotj with partially attached bubble . I got it with a few Cardbacks too which was nice although they again have issues but it was well under my £50 budget and popped in a R2 (solid dome until I get a sensorscope!). It's nicely displayed in a case and I'm happy with it !
Ricky

Shaky_BobaFett
Regular
Regular

Postby Shaky_BobaFett » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:18 pm

And now to my final piece which came again with couple of other Cardbacks. This is a Kenner R5D4 Rotj moc with partially attached bubble. I currently am waiting on a R5 figure to arrive to place inside. But in its case it looks good .
So there you go ...I'm back !
Ricky ⚒

My current uptodate showcase :-

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 pm

Lovely pick ups there Shaky, man after my own heart, great on display, saving damaged cards, and much easier on the wallet, great stuff bud 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

darth_daddius
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby darth_daddius » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am

A couple of items that I've been able to add to the focus over the last few months: a German ESB and a nice Kay-Bee twin pack with Biker Scout - 2 imperials! :)

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Front.JPG

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Rev.JPG

ROTJ Sears Twin Pack (Vader + Biker Scout).jpg
Looking for Darth Vader items from all around the world.
My collection: (Here on SWFUK:) http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26200
(On RS:) http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1069480/

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

darth_daddius wrote:A couple of items that I've been able to add to the focus over the last few months: a German ESB and a nice Kay-Bee twin pack with Biker Scout - 2 imperials! :)

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Front.JPG

ESB Vader 45Bk (German) Rev.JPG

ROTJ Sears Twin Pack (Vader + Biker Scout).jpg

Damn how much were these beauties??

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”