Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
DarthDooDoo
Regular
Regular

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby DarthDooDoo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Robstyley wrote:Picked up this lovely Yak for my loose set and luckily had the staff it was missing. One more big one ticked off the list, thanks John (DarthDooDoo) :)

854DF62C-A821-4124-963F-FC1D33450F59.jpeg

It was a pleasure! The staff suits him... :D

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Robstyley wrote:Picked up this lovely Yak for my loose set and luckily had the staff it was missing. One more big one ticked off the list, thanks John (DarthDooDoo) :)

Looks a real beaut of a Yak Face. What’s left on that list of yours?

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm

apack7229 wrote:Finally picked up my first esb moc. Bit of a beater but I love it. :D

Super spooky. The “nearly headless Nick” Rebel Commander. I had to zoom right in to figure out what was going on. Had me laughing my head off when I realised :lol:

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Picked up this fella up the other days off eBay. I think he’s my favourite Luke incarnation, and IMO definitely one of the 3 iconic ROTJ figures along with BS and ERG. I know subzero hates this cardback artwork, but it’s actually one of my favourites - proper dynamic; so glad I could pick it up on a MOC. The bubble is fairly yellow (but crack and ding free) and there’s a bit of edgewear, but it’s pretty flat and not bad for a little over £100.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 pm

gorgeous mocs boys :-)

apack7229
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby apack7229 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:22 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
apack7229 wrote:Finally picked up my first esb moc. Bit of a beater but I love it. :D

Super spooky. The “nearly headless Nick” Rebel Commander. I had to zoom right in to figure out what was going on. Had me laughing my head off when I realised :lol:

:lol: The broken head variant. It could be worth millions.
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:

Looks a real beaut of a Yak Face. What’s left on that list of yours?

Luke Stormy, Han Carbonite, Lando General, Imperial Dig, R2 pop up and the four Ewoks. One day I'll finish it :wink:

That Luke Jedi's a beaut. I like the card too, near the top of my wanted Moc list!

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Picked up this fella up the other days off eBay. I think he’s my favourite Luke incarnation, and IMO definitely one of the 3 iconic ROTJ figures along with BS and ERG. I know subzero hates this cardback artwork, but it’s actually one of my favourites - proper dynamic; so glad I could pick it up on a MOC. The bubble is fairly yellow (but crack and ding free) and there’s a bit of edgewear, but it’s pretty flat and not bad for a little over £100.

Thats a good price for that one in that condition, well done.
One of my favourite cardbacks too. :D

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Really nice Luke Jedi and loving all the latest acquisitions.

I’ve added two Tri-logo cardbacks recently, really enjoy collecting these as a side focus to the Kenner debut MOC run, which I will be adding to soon. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Fuck seeing his head of in a MOC must be right concerning for the mint on card collectors.

hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby hellhippie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:49 pm

nice new pups , sweet luke jedi . that's a great price too . ive seen loose good examples go :D for that
id rather be fishing

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:45 am

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Picked up this fella up the other days off eBay. I think he’s my favourite Luke incarnation, and IMO definitely one of the 3 iconic ROTJ figures along with BS and ERG. I know subzero hates this cardback artwork, but it’s actually one of my favourites - proper dynamic; so glad I could pick it up on a MOC. The bubble is fairly yellow (but crack and ding free) and there’s a bit of edgewear, but it’s pretty flat and not bad for a little over £100.

I do quite dislike the artwork considering they could have had one of Luke wielding his green lightsaber, which would have looked waaay better than this one, that being said it's not that bad really in it's own right.

Great price too for this, think I paid over double that being impatient, a big lesson learnt there. :?
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am

subzero wrote:Great price too for this, think I paid over double that being impatient, a big lesson learnt there. :?

Yeah not sure if this was an anomaly, I tend to see them go for £165 and above, so was well chuffed.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
subzero wrote:Great price too for this, think I paid over double that being impatient, a big lesson learnt there. :?

Yeah not sure if this was an anomaly, I tend to see them go for £165 and above, so was well chuffed.

Great stuff, can't beat getting a bargain, especially when it's in nice undamaged condition. 8)
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Some beautiful additions on here lately

As some may know I love my damaged cards and reseals, collecting on a budget

I'm a very happy bunny tonight as I have received a card and bubble today (20 back chewie, bubble lifted away on left hand side and a tear in bubble area) £40 posted ( already had the figure) I'm really pleased with how he has turned out and here he his with his best mate and scoundrel Han

Happy tonight
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”