Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
dreader73
New User
New User

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby dreader73 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am

There is nothing special about this Star Destroyer Playset except that this was the only “big” ship/playset I had as a kid. Got it for my 9th Birthday and my grandparents even threw in 4 Stormtroopers. Yes my grandparents understood troop building even before we did. So happy to have another 35 years on!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alltooeasy
Regular
Regular

Postby Alltooeasy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Nice pick ups Edd. What’s left on your trilogo run?

Awesome mail call from Walkie today. Expert packaging ensured it arrived in one piece with not a scratch on him. Finally I can say I have a SW 20 / 21 Back run going on. Well 2 instead of 1 at least. :lol:

Gah another ben ive missed out on! Nice pieces!

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 pm

dreader73 wrote:There is nothing special about this Star Destroyer Playset except that this was the only “big” ship/playset I had as a kid. Got it for my 9th Birthday and my grandparents even threw in 4 Stormtroopers. Yes my grandparents understood troop building even before we did. So happy to have another 35 years on!

Very nice, my grandparents were great, every Saturday I got a figure from woollies then on birthdays and Christmas would be a ship.

Russ :D

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:39 pm

love the star destroyer 8)

a couple of loose for me

taiwan chewbacca with green bowcast £7 from ebay which i thought was great :-) i dont see many taiwam chewies UK side

and a lfb taiwan dark eye paint £3 from jabba auctions asides the nose chip hes mint paint work wise. i thought it was a bargain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Recently picked up a Taiwan Chewie in a lot on JP. Agree he’s harder to find. Did the Taiwan Coo come with the EB package?

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Alltooeasy wrote:Gah another ben ive missed out on! Nice pieces!

This one was pushing £280 with postage. How much you will to spend Chief and I’ll keep a look out.

TK-7785
Regular
Regular

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Stubbs wrote:My FF Pickup's great prices as always and a good day out. Only five left to get for my complete loose run.

Those guys look mintier than a packet of Treebors! Very nice.

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

TK-7785
Regular
Regular

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:40 pm

These pieces recently arrived from the US. Very pleased to have finally picked up the ROTJ carry case. Just need the cardboard insert to complete it (any leads would be appreciated).
DSCF0121.jpg

And secondly, a much maligned mini-rig. Wasn't looking for this one specifically, but I didn't have the box and when this came up with such a fresh example, with sticker sheet, paperwork and a mint rig...for £10! How could i say no!?
DSCF0122.jpg

Chris
WANTED:
ROTJ Store Display Items

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:59 pm

TK-7785 wrote:These pieces recently arrived from the US. Very pleased to have finally picked up the ROTJ carry case. Just need the cardboard insert to complete it (any leads would be appreciated).
DSCF0121.jpg

And secondly, a much maligned mini-rig. Wasn't looking for this one specifically, but I didn't have the box and when this came up with such a fresh example, with sticker sheet, paperwork and a mint rig...for £10! How could i say no!?
DSCF0122.jpg

Chris

Nice pieces Chris :D

Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Stubbs
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Stubbs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm

TK-7785 wrote:
Stubbs wrote:My FF Pickup's great prices as always and a good day out. Only five left to get for my complete loose run.

Those guys look mintier than a packet of Treebors! Very nice.

Chris

Thanks Chris i really like the figure carry cases i believe the return of the jedi one is the hardest one of the three to get.

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:18 pm

from jabbas auctions for £5 which i thought was great. its clearly been well loved which adds to its charm

a helix beater 1977 kenobi pencil case 8)

it cleaned up well with some sugar sosp it was very dirty

TK-7785
Regular
Regular

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:44 pm

poncho wrote:from jabbas auctions for £5 which i thought was great. its clearly been well loved which adds to its charm

a helix beater 1977 kenobi pencil case 8)

it cleaned up well with some sugar sosp it was very dirty

I remember treating my school pencil cases equally badly. :D Thankfully I never had a vintage Helix Star Wars one.

Chris
WANTED:
ROTJ Store Display Items

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Two new additions to my Palitoy with trilogo bubble run. Really happy with the Fett, never thought I would own a ‘real’ one of these as most out there are Toy Toni’s. Big thanks to Iain for sending them both over from America to me.

80D2FF6E-FA13-48BF-9104-A8AE8FD65208.jpeg

poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby poncho » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm

edd that fett is a belter

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 pm

edd_jedi wrote:Two new additions to my Palitoy with trilogo bubble run. Really happy with the Fett, never thought I would own a ‘real’ one of these as most out there are Toy Toni’s. Big thanks to Iain for sending them both over from America to me.

80D2FF6E-FA13-48BF-9104-A8AE8FD65208.jpeg

Edd, what a piece that Palitoy Fett is. You do not see those often that's for sure. Really chuffed for you my friend. :)

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”