Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Some other recent pick ups. I'm not sure if the mirror qualifies as 'gimcrack', but I bloody love it! It reeks of the 70's/80's. :D
DSCF9278.jpg
DSCF9278.jpg (79.09 KiB) Viewed 134 times


And a promo card from Debenhams, circa 83.
DSCF9279.jpg
DSCF9279.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 134 times

DSCF9280.jpg
DSCF9280.jpg (74.4 KiB) Viewed 134 times


Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Very nice variations Chris. :)

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG
IMG_4376.JPG (83.34 KiB) Viewed 131 times


... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2881
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:09 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Some other recent pick ups. I'm not sure if the mirror qualifies as 'gimcrack', but I bloody love it! It reeks of the 70's/80's. :D
DSCF9278.jpg

And a promo card from Debenhams, circa 83.
DSCF9279.jpg
DSCF9280.jpg

Chris


Chris, wonderful stuff! Huuuuuuge fan of the 8mm movies and of the crazy bootleg mirrors! You didn't happen to find them at Ewbanks, did you? ;)

User avatar
TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:28 pm

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
TK-7785 wrote:Some other recent pick ups. I'm not sure if the mirror qualifies as 'gimcrack', but I bloody love it! It reeks of the 70's/80's. :D
DSCF9278.jpg

And a promo card from Debenhams, circa 83.
DSCF9279.jpg
DSCF9280.jpg

Chris


Chris, wonderful stuff! Huuuuuuge fan of the 8mm movies and of the crazy bootleg mirrors! You didn't happen to find them at Ewbanks, did you? ;)


Ha ha! Yes indeed, mate. :D
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies...
ROTJ Store Display Items

User avatar
Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Plastikheld » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:37 pm

tigerham wrote:... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P

There he is! Yes, looks fantastic. Love the "Osito Ewok" name plate on the TopToys.
... but holy crap. The slit open bubble is definately NOT cool. Can this be seen on the pictures you got before the buy (now, if you know it's slit open)?

P.S.: I would leave the sticker as is. :wink:
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Plastikheld wrote:
tigerham wrote:... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P

There he is! Yes, looks fantastic. Love the "Osito Ewok" name plate on the TopToys.
... but holy crap. The slit open bubble is definately NOT cool. Can this be seen on the pictures you got before the buy (now, if you know it's slit open)?

P.S.: I would leave the sticker as is. :wink:


Thanks Stefan. No, can not see it at all and they said there was only a little crack top right of bubble and that's it. This is the only angel that showed that side and no crack or slit...

s-l16004.jpg
s-l16004.jpg (82.84 KiB) Viewed 92 times


These are my photos after...

IMG_4374.jpg
IMG_4374.jpg (279.22 KiB) Viewed 92 times

IMG_4375.jpg
IMG_4375.jpg (350.66 KiB) Viewed 92 times


Too late, stickers gone but left a bit of residue. But I personally prefer a bit of residue than any stickers. :)

User avatar
hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby hellhippie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 pm

great bossk moc, love the loose mint figures . nice score on the toy toni although im very skeptical of them but do see thyre collectible value .
awesome top toys !!
id rather be fishing

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 pm

hellhippie wrote:great bossk moc, love the loose mint figures . nice score on the toy toni although im very skeptical of them but do see thyre collectible value .
awesome top toys !!


Thank you.

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby coomber75 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:27 pm

stunning loosies

User avatar
Jedijut
New User
New User
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Jedijut » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 am

subzero wrote:Latest arrival for my trilogo collection. :)

DSCF8370_phixr.jpg


Bossk on Tri-Logo looks amazing, great pick up mate.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:37 am

Jedijut wrote:
subzero wrote:Latest arrival for my trilogo collection. :)

DSCF8370_phixr.jpg


Bossk on Tri-Logo looks amazing, great pick up mate.


Thank you, I really do love the look of the trilogo Bossk, especially with that lime green card colour it really compliments the figure.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 am

tigerham wrote:Very nice variations Chris. :)

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG

... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P


That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:43 am

subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:Very nice variations Chris. :)

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG

... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P


That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(


Thank you. Just got a reply from the seller saying no partial refund and send it back and will let eBay sort it out. So obviously not a true collector as there is no way I'm sending it back to the US to cause more damage to it. Nothing more I can do. At the end of the day I'm happy to have it. It was more the principal for me and fairness. But hey, not everyone thinks the same.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2760
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 am

tigerham wrote:
subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:Very nice variations Chris. :)

This just arrived to add to my focus along with an adapted GW acrylic case (bottom laced with gloss black).

IMG_4376.JPG

... and yup, got a nice surprise when I saw the weapon hanging out the side from a slit running from top to bottom (bubble firmly attached this time) which he forgot to mention as was bubble wrapped in a star case so no way it could have happened in transit.

Just messaged the seller to see what they think. Somehow I thinking bubbles and myself do not get along. :roll: BUT it still displays great and still really happy with it. Kind of getting used to the 'bubble situation'.

P.s. That sticker's coming off. :P


That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(


Thank you. Just got a reply from the seller saying no partial refund and send it back and will let eBay sort it out. So obviously not a true collector as there is no way I'm sending it back to the US to cause more damage to it. Nothing more I can do. At the end of the day I'm happy to have it. It was more the principal for me and fairness. But hey, not everyone thinks the same.


Sorry to hear that, sometimes a seller can be understanding then sometimes not, it makes me wonder if the guy would rather want it back just so he can resell it to the next guy without mentioning the slit and get the same money for it without a loss... :?
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 am

subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:
subzero wrote:
That's a shame you've had that again, this hobby is rewarding but can be very cruel sometimes. :(


Thank you. Just got a reply from the seller saying no partial refund and send it back and will let eBay sort it out. So obviously not a true collector as there is no way I'm sending it back to the US to cause more damage to it. Nothing more I can do. At the end of the day I'm happy to have it. It was more the principal for me and fairness. But hey, not everyone thinks the same.


Sorry to hear that, sometimes a seller can be understanding then sometimes not, it makes me wonder if the guy would rather want it back just so he can resell it to the next guy without mentioning the slit and get the same money for it without a loss... :?


Absolutely.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gartronicus, Google [Bot] and 9 guests