Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby poncho » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:30 pm

look at all those lovely mocs. good greif...awesome score fella :shock: :)

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:46 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
lejackal wrote:Got this from eBay for the bargain price of £36, complete with mint condition, correct bike as well as the insert and instructions.

Lovely Bi-logo box Carl. When you say correct bike does that mean there are there no flaps?

The bronze engine mate. The flaps are in the bubble wrap baggie

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:45 pm

lejackal wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
lejackal wrote:Got this from eBay for the bargain price of £36, complete with mint condition, correct bike as well as the insert and instructions.

Lovely Bi-logo box Carl. When you say correct bike does that mean there are there no flaps?

Bronze engine AND the black eject button ;)

Nice mate. Very good. Speak to Aussiejames regarding how it should be packed and if those other bits are meant to be in there as I don’t know.
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Proper touch with those trilogos. Hoping something like happens with a guy at my gym. Said he had a load of trilogos bought back in the 80s. I've been harassing him for 2 years to show me, but he always "forgets"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:04 pm

stormcab wrote:Proper touch with those trilogos. Hoping something like happens with a guy at my gym. Said he had a load of trilogos bought back in the 80s. I've been harassing him for 2 years to show me, but he always "forgets"

Typical that is, when you want/need something from somebody they seem to either vanish or forget every single time, but when they want something from you they're chasing you up for it making sure you don't disappoint.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

subzero wrote:
stormcab wrote:Proper touch with those trilogos. Hoping something like happens with a guy at my gym. Said he had a load of trilogos bought back in the 80s. I've been harassing him for 2 years to show me, but he always "forgets"

Typical that is, when you want/need something from somebody they seem to either vanish or forget every single time, but when they want something from you they're chasing you up for it making sure you don't disappoint.

I have no idea what he has. I think he's in his early 50s. I said I could arrange to sell them for him and buy anything I like. I literally just want to have a look to see if there is anything mind blowing. I told him to at least take a photo on his phone :?

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:
lejackal wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Lovely Bi-logo box Carl. When you say correct bike does that mean there are there no flaps?

Bronze engine AND the black eject button ;)

Nice mate. Very good. Speak to Aussiejames regarding how it should be packed and if those other bits are meant to be in there as I don’t know.

Thanks Ben, will do

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:49 pm

stormcab wrote:
subzero wrote:

I have no idea what he has. I think he's in his early 50s. I said I could arrange to sell them for him and buy anything I like. I literally just want to have a look to see if there is anything mind blowing. I told him to at least take a photo on his phone :?

That's really annoying and frustrating that is, he could have some really nice and rare pieces there and he can't be arsed to spend 10 seconds taking a quick pic, it makes you wonder if he's telling the truth or not. :?

Certain people it can be like trying to get blood out of a stone.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm

lejackal wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:

Sweet. Something I've not seen before.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Another ticked off of the wish list for 2018 thanks to Greg Waters. Really stoked with this one. It has to be one of the coolest vehicles Kenner produced. Never saw it as a kid but yearned after it as an adult. I mean virtual hover facility and pop up bonnet. Doesn’t get much cooler than that. Came with box, inserts, paraphernalia and bonus Luke Skywalker. Happy days. :D
Attachments
44BF72AB-4B0B-4B26-83FA-915D5BD36FAB.jpeg
44BF72AB-4B0B-4B26-83FA-915D5BD36FAB.jpeg (372.21 KiB) Viewed 212 times
A6882DDA-852D-4D70-9317-ECF169B3EF01.jpeg
A6882DDA-852D-4D70-9317-ECF169B3EF01.jpeg (186.94 KiB) Viewed 212 times
01F8E347-935C-4679-96DE-AD4F1674D097.jpeg
01F8E347-935C-4679-96DE-AD4F1674D097.jpeg (176.31 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:40 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote: Doesn’t get much cooler than that. Came with box, inserts, paraphernalia and bonus Luke Skywalker. Happy days. :D

I do like this! :mrgreen:

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Another ticked off of the wish list for 2018 thanks to Greg Waters. Really stoked with this one. It has to be one of the coolest vehicles Kenner produced. Never saw it as a kid but yearned after it as an adult. I mean virtual hover facility and pop up bonnet. Doesn’t get much cooler than that. Came with box, inserts, paraphernalia and bonus Luke Skywalker. Happy days. :D

Really nice Land Speeder. I love those and hope to get one some day. Thanks for sharing as always nice to see ones like yours in great condition and with all pieces there. Bonus with Luke as well! :)

hellhippie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby hellhippie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:12 pm

wow amazing set of carded from the states . they look really nice
id rather be fishing

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Does anyone have or collect these?
8B7B03F4-B831-4CAE-960A-6858C95378EC.jpeg
8B7B03F4-B831-4CAE-960A-6858C95378EC.jpeg (251.2 KiB) Viewed 141 times

I have been up in my loft today, and found some bits and pieces I had forgotten about.
I thought these were sold with everything else when I sold up, used to be able to pick these up for a £1 or so at toy fairs.
I can see that on a few of them the top protective film has come loose, don’t remember them being like this when I put them away.
Is this top film coming loose normal or was this usually taken off?

I also found an un boxed speeder bike missing one flap and a handle bar, if anyone has one please get in touch, thanks.
I think that I will try to find the missing bits and get a biker scout to display it as it should be.

If I found these sort of things in my loft, which I had forgotten about, imagine what is out there in lofts around the country just waiting to be re discovered!

***sorry duplicate post***
Last edited by Mini99 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:35 pm

tigerham wrote:Really nice Land Speeder. I love those and hope to get one some day. Thanks for sharing as always nice to see ones like yours in great condition and with all pieces there. Bonus with Luke as well! :)

Thanks. I love the inserts all most as much as the boxes themselves. They really make the piece. And the instructions, leaflets and other accompanying paraphernalia help to tell a story of the time.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”