Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu May 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Leon355 wrote:Thanks to forum member TK-7785 I now have an ERG in my collection. :D

Really nice ERG! Thanks for sharing. :)

dienstuhr wrote:Hey lads,

Chiming in again with another acquisition... Tatooine Skiff with box and planetary map. This is a group of items I've been chasing for a long time and the stars finally aligned to acquire them all. Boxed Skiffs seem to come along seldom nowadays so this is a "bitsa" - box from one vendor, Planetary Map from another, Skiff from a third, and an original part to repair some damage, from a fourth!

Great Skiif my friend. Always like seeing this as never saw it when I was younger. Nice condition too. :)

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:39 pm

yep nice to see never saw the later vehicles, but looks great

dienstuhr
New User
New User

Postby dienstuhr » Thu May 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks lads, I appreciate the comments!
Vist my vintage Kenner Star Wars blog! http://www.vintagekennerstarwars.blogspot.com

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Tatooine Skiff at last!

Postby Taffius » Fri May 04, 2018 8:48 pm

[quote="dienstuhr"][/quote]

D,

Great item and love the images. Blog good too. Many thanks.

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lee gray » Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 pm

Sweet lukes Edd

nice hot wheels Ruby
cool womans day article apack
nice skiff box dienstuhr
nice Erg Leon
sweet Anakin Spoons
nice luke mr poncho
cool han theforceuk
nice dsd and ig88 savory

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Sat May 05, 2018 9:22 am

Awesome Lukes, Edd!

Nice ERG - one of my fav ROTJ figures.

Love the Skiff, Dallas. Such a brilliant vehicle 8)

Steve, excellent tri-logo droids.

Adam, that's a stunning Han Hoth 8)

That space station magazine is superb. Remember seeing someone post about it a couple of years ago. Love the army if Jawas in there 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Sat May 05, 2018 11:37 am

edd_jedi wrote:As is always the way they turned up for sale within days of each other ...

This will never change. Good decision to get your hands on both. Lovely items.

Great Skiff - always loved the box art. Congrats for getting this complete.

An ERG MOC is a must have for every Star Wars Vintage collection.
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Wed May 09, 2018 5:32 pm

So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg
ESB Power Droid.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 97 times

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

Imperial Gunner.jpg
Imperial Gunner.jpg (118.35 KiB) Viewed 97 times

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

Harbert R2.jpg
Harbert R2.jpg (118.39 KiB) Viewed 97 times

Pop-Up R2.jpg
Pop-Up R2.jpg (120.64 KiB) Viewed 97 times

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

TT VCJ.jpg
TT VCJ.jpg (119.19 KiB) Viewed 97 times

kvavik
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby kvavik » Wed May 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Wow! that reseal jawa is really something! congrats! :D

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

kvavik wrote:Wow! that reseal jawa is really something! congrats! :D

Thank you my friend. Couldn't believe my luck. It came with a small bit of clear tape sealing the top of the bubble to the card but it definitely deosn't want to leave so thought I would just attach some fresh tape to go on top of it to re-attach the top of the bubble (no further damage done).

TK-7785
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TK-7785 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:58 pm

tigerham wrote:So I thought I'd share my last few purchases as won't be putting anything up for a while.

The first is the ESB Power Droid 31bk which was literally the last purchase. Sticker/paper residue removed and flattened (thanks Edd). Crystal clear bubble in near mint shape. Really chuffed with it.

ESB Power Droid.jpg

The second was one I had the first time round collecting. Tri-logo Imperial Gunner. The first one I had there were two guns in the bubble. Only one this time round but in near mint condition, especially the bubble.

Imperial Gunner.jpg

The third and fourth were again ones I had the first time round and needed them for my small R2 focus. Harbert R2 12bk and Tri-logo Pop-up R2. The Pop-up R2 goes well with the miscard Pop-up I got a while back too.

Harbert R2.jpg
Pop-Up R2.jpg

I saved the best for last which is one I have been after for a while. Aiming to get back my loose Jawa collection so this was a great start. Managed to get a Toltoys VC Jawa and as luck would have it shortly after I managed to not only get the right cardback (41bk E) for it but unpunched near mint card and the bubble was still half attached to the card as I could only just get the Jawa back in. Original footer too. (There is a clear plastic strip which is holding the Jawa's cape in shape for a while)

TT VCJ.jpg

Well now you're just showing off! :wink: Very nice pick ups there.

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Wed May 09, 2018 7:02 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Well now you're just showing off! :wink: Very nice pick ups there.

Chris

Lol, thanks Chris. :oops:

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Wed May 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Wow! That is an amazing haul. Especially that Jawa. That spectacular.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:34 pm

I’m not surprised that you won’t be showing off any more acquisitions for a while...wow!
You would have to go some to top that little lot.
The Jawa’s really nice but for me my favourites are the Gunner and the R2’s, love both of those figures.
Oh and really well done on the work you did with the Power Droid.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Wed May 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Grant_C wrote:Wow! That is an amazing haul. Especially that Jawa. That spectacular.

Thank you Grant. :)

Mini99 wrote:I’m not surprised that you won’t be showing off any more acquisitions for a while...wow!
You would have to go some to top that little lot.
The Jawa’s really nice but for me my favourites are the Gunner and the R2’s, love both of those figures.
Oh and really well done on the work you did with the Power Droid.

Thank you. Always liked the R2's design on the Solid Dome SW and ESB cardbacks. When I start again I'll be straight after an ESB R2 41bk D to complete my mini R2 focus.

Thank you also for the kind words on the P.D. A lot of the credit goes to Edd for his helpful advice on flattening MOC's.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”