Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Wiltshire, U.K

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Scarifpacific » Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Some lovely stuff there. That gunner is very nice!
You may start your landing!


My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Palifan » Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 am

That's an amazing assortment of mocs you have there and as most have said the VCJ is amazing to see. Looks like you're back into collecting for sure :D

Ian

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu May 10, 2018 8:27 am

Scarifpacific wrote:Some lovely stuff there. That gunner is very nice!


Thank you. The Gunner is the nicest I've seen personally.

Palifan wrote:That's an amazing assortment of mocs you have there and as most have said the VCJ is amazing to see. Looks like you're back into collecting for sure :D

Ian


Thanks Ian. Most certainly have the bug for sure, lol. Just 4 more loose Jawa's to get ( 2 x VC J's, a LL and a Cloth Cape). I want to get these usual suspects back...

J1049x623-21630.jpg
J1049x623-21630.jpg (81.55 KiB) Viewed 131 times


... and 5 MOC's to complete what I wanted for my collection.

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 am

Love those MOC's tigerham, especially the R2's I always love a nice R2, well done! 8)
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby poncho » Thu May 10, 2018 11:46 am

first vintage ive found this year at a carboot

its a fixer upper and will probably take years to complete

stickers are clean as is falcoln in general. cardboard and console and 1 back leg is all thats present.

i walked past it @ £10 we negoiated down to £7

excuse the other tat
Attachments
1525949146521-2110214376.jpg
1525949146521-2110214376.jpg (132.76 KiB) Viewed 124 times

User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby subzero » Thu May 10, 2018 12:56 pm

poncho wrote:first vintage ive found this year at a carboot

its a fixer upper and will probably take years to complete

stickers are clean as is falcoln in general. cardboard and console and 1 back leg is all thats present.

i walked past it @ £10 we negoiated down to £7

excuse the other tat


Ah well at least you have a complete Stay Puft. :lol:

That will be a cool project to complete the Falcon, good luck with it!
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Wiltshire, U.K

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Scarifpacific » Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm

poncho wrote:first vintage ive found this year at a carboot

its a fixer upper and will probably take years to complete

stickers are clean as is falcoln in general. cardboard and console and 1 back leg is all thats present.

i walked past it @ £10 we negoiated down to £7

excuse the other tat


The Beano figures look a bit scarey!? :D
You may start your landing!


My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

User avatar
poncho
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby poncho » Thu May 10, 2018 5:05 pm

there hand made crudely made but they have charm.

User avatar
Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Location: Wiltshire, U.K

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Scarifpacific » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

poncho wrote:there hand made crudely made but they have charm.


Definitely. No offence intended.
You may start your landing!


My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37054

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu May 10, 2018 5:53 pm

subzero wrote:Love those MOC's tigerham, especially the R2's I always love a nice R2, well done! 8)


Thank you Richard. :)

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Palifan » Thu May 10, 2018 6:04 pm

tigerham wrote:
Scarifpacific wrote:Some lovely stuff there. That gunner is very nice!


Thank you. The Gunner is the nicest I've seen personally.

Palifan wrote:That's an amazing assortment of mocs you have there and as most have said the VCJ is amazing to see. Looks like you're back into collecting for sure :D

Ian


Thanks Ian. Most certainly have the bug for sure, lol. Just 4 more loose Jawa's to get ( 2 x VC J's, a LL and a Cloth Cape). I want to get these usual suspects back...

J1049x623-21630.jpg

... and 5 MOC's to complete what I wanted for my collection.



Well that's a very happy sight to see!

Great lineup of the usual suspects (well maybe not that usual).

Ian

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Palifan wrote:Well that's a very happy sight to see!

Great lineup of the usual suspects (well maybe not that usual).

Ian


Thank you Ian. :)

User avatar
Seahawks
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Seahawks » Fri May 11, 2018 7:01 am

My "May the 4th" acquisition arrived today!

After starting the journey almost 2 decades ago, my mostly "budget" first 20 is now complete at 21! I had honestly resigned myself to the fact that a 21 Back Fett wasn't going to happen in this lifetime! The card and bubble are in pretty nice shape and Mr. Fett does a great job of hiding the fact that the POP is cut out. Unfortunately, the tape that holds the rifle to the side of the bubble came loose during shipping, but at least it arrived in one piece from the post office.

Boba1a.jpg
Boba1a.jpg (707.99 KiB) Viewed 62 times


Boba2a.jpg
Boba2a.jpg (719.24 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Last edited by Seahawks on Fri May 11, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2731
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby tigerham » Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 am

poncho wrote:first vintage ive found this year at a carboot


Nice looking Falcon and like the retro Beano figures too. I used to get the Beano when I was younger, loved it. :)

Seahawks wrote:My "May the 4th" acquisition arrived today!


Great Fett my friend. Thanks for sharing.

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Palifan » Fri May 11, 2018 7:32 am

Great looking Fett Seahawks and congratulations on finishing your 21 run, a real achievement. The tape on a lot of the Boba Fetts seem to come loose for some reason, it's probably due to the fact that the figure moves about so much due to the rocket backpack. I wouldn't let it spoil the enjoyment of it though as it's a stunning piece for sure.

Ian


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests