Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:35 pm

spoons wrote:Big shout out to Darth Stanley for sending me the link to this POCH card back. At £4k for a sealed one its something I never thought I'd own, and although £100 is a lot for a tatty card back I think I did alright.

Mr Palitoy was an absolute star and found this perfect match of a bubble and also sold me a regular Han Hoth card back. I was going to cut the name tag out but can't bring myself to do it. I''m in two minds about properly resealing him but for the time being the bubble is propped on. I've added a spare minty Han and it looks ok to me

Very nice 'ensemble' piece, Andy! If you'd prefer not to damage a cardback to get the missing name plate (and I understand completely if that's the case), why not simply opt for a good quality colour photocopy or even a scan and regular ink-jet printed version of the plate instead? Stick it to some suitable card, cut it to size and slot it home! You shouldn't even need to glue or tape it in place if you get a snug enough fit.

As for resealing it, you have such a great bubble match it would seem almost rude not to at least consider it. Do you know if the Poch card originally came with a footer? If so, it's simple enough to make a replacement to complete the piece.

Good luck if you do try any of the above, and I'd love to see the end result! :-)

spoons
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby spoons » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Excellent idea Jeremy! I’ll do that as the POCH Han has a unique name plate in any case. He also had a white footer which should be easy

Cheers
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Some fabulous additions gents. Love that Palitoy Luke X-Wing Jez.

SublevelStudios
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby SublevelStudios » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:58 am

Holy sh...that Revenge proof card and 3 pack! Nice one Jez 8) 8) 8)

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:31 am

Some amazing eye candy lately.
I love popping by and looking on in jealousy, but in a good way :mrgreen:
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Cardbackkid » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 am

That 3 pack is sweet Jez ! Congrats

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Congratulations Jez, what a month! I love the LXW, and the 3 pack is just brilliant, those are so rare that it's a real accomplishment to own one. Very pleased for you!
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Jez
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Jez » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.
I haven’t won the lottery, far from it!
Just to note, these are the items I’ve picked up over the last 7 months.
I was lucky enough to be able to buy a Revenge Proof about 3 years ago for about £350. This proof was just a straight swap for the old one so didn’t actually cost me anything. Nice.
The ROTJ MOCs were all purchased with funds made from the sale of 6 LXW MOCs.
The LXW 20 back i collected about 9 months after confirming the sale with the seller ( I had to save up, thanks Nick).
The 3 Pack was a bargain but I still bought on a mini payment plan.
Thats me spent now for 2018!

Taffius
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Taffius » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Jez,

I cannot believe how many comments you have caught up with and a personal reply to each! Amazing haul you have yourself and welcome back. A good reason to claim how sorely missed you were. Simon, Stuart and Peter did well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking Rich....your all great at what you have achieved.

Re: Budget MOCs and finds. Inspiration from Peter on podcast and knowing it can still done out there and Apack for saving vintage figures when some of their condition I would of never have thought I would touch myself but I have seen the light such finds can bring.

Here are my latest finds from a car boot yesterday. No where near mint but the alternative TVR (Taff's Vintage Rescue) feels quite gratifying. The A4 poster is a card promo from 96/97. Found on a different stall to figures. Its quite thick card advertising Special Edition release of Ep IV by 20th Century Fox. Film or VHS or both?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 pm

epic jez just epic, love that x wing joy!! taff nice work as always

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 pm

I was restraining myself from showing anything else off for a while but seeing as Jez is back we need to keep him busy and he does love an X Wing.....
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"U grade for sale"
Translation: If it was legal my grandmother would be living on dialysis so that I could harvest and sell her kidneys.

Heith
Regular
Regular

Postby Heith » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Nearest I’ll probably get to a Palitoy Card

Ruby2511
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Ruby2511 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Heith wrote:Nearest I’ll probably get to a Palitoy Card

Very nice Heath 8)
Russ :D

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Pulsar
Regular
Regular

Postby Pulsar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am

Impressive update Jez :shock:

Some great latest purchases guys.
Wanting to buy:
Star Wars store displays
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Clash of the Titans

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 pm

It’s always good to finish a little run! I’ve received the Eagle comic in the red printed bag today to complete the set of 3 UK Jedi sticker albums bundled with comics, all released on 10th September 1983. If memory serves me right, I got my original sticker album with this Eagle comic back in the day. This one came with the Panini pack of 6 stickers, and the mini Action Force comic, nice bonus.

E58C78FB-4E35-47DE-A03A-BC59DC214089.jpeg

60659EEE-3346-4D67-8C17-01B4B9548387.jpeg
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”