Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Gadders
Regular
Regular

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Gadders » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Ever since I got back into collecting, in the mid 90s, I've been after a remote controlled jawa sandcrawler. However due to their price they've always been something of a grail item for me.
About 18 months ago, I bought the rarer Canadian ESB box and instructions, in the hope that I could one day get the toy to go in the box.. I was expecting to buy an in complete one and buy the parts over time.

This week, not only did I get my project sandcrawler, I also got an almost complete one. And to top it, it's the ESB labelled remote one to go with the box I already have!

So they were like buses.. Two at once!

I am now a very happy collector, but I do need to find a ladder so please let me know if anyone is selling one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Very nice Adam - just like buses!

You need to show a pic with the box now... :D
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Gadders
Regular
Regular

Postby Gadders » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Thanks, Andy.

Here you go...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm

I have the straight up SW version, it’s a great toy isn’t it
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

jpjsavage
New User
New User

Postby jpjsavage » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Here's my latest acquisition. Four signed lithographs (2 x Ralph McQuarrie and 2 x Jo Johnston) original sold at the Supersnipe Comic Art gallery in New York. There are only 100 signed copies of each and I've never seen a complete set of four all with the same number (in this case, 54/100).

Here are some quick pictures for you to enjoy:

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Those pictures are nothing short of stunning. Many thanks for sharing.

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Those pencil drawings are stunning :o the X wing painting isn’t to shabby either!
Congratulations

Seahawks
Regular
Regular

Postby Seahawks » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:05 am

An amazing bunch of new acquisitions guys! I have so much fun scrolling through this thread checking out everyone's pick ups!

My latest acquisitions have been more along the lines of "oddball" or as some prefer, "beyond the toys".

Starting off is 2 of the Kenner Canada Star Wars coloring books. I love the original double racetrack covers on these. The artwork inside these books is great and I was lucky to find a couple that had barely been used. Only one page has been colored. I believe there are 2 more books out there that I will be keeping a lookout for to complete the set.

Next I picked up the General Mills Cereal mail away tumbler from 1978. I am a sucker for the original logo and retro photos. Will go well next to my lunchbox I think. It seems to be really well made, so I may even have to use it as my beer cup! :)

Continuing with the cereal mail aways, I got a really good deal on a complete set of 18 General Mills Cereal cards along with the wallet. The cards are paper thin, but have some great images on then as well as a description of the scene on the back.

Last, I've ventured down the realm of board games. Destroy the Death Star and Escape from Death Star. I believe both came out in '77. They may not be the greatest games to play, but man did Kenner sure know how to entice us kids with the beautiful packaging back in the day!

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

Andyclarke
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Andyclarke » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:38 am

Not posted anything for a while on this thread, so here are a few of my recent Palitoy purchases. Big thanks to Paul (Pulsar) for some of them. :D

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:11 pm

omg :o not posted in a while but will never be uploading moc's of that quality mate lol lovely laya and jawa, and gorgeous diecast!!

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Max, that boxed crawler looks fantastic.

And OMG, those Palitoys! Beautiful.
Looking for Palitoy 12 back Jawa and Leia Hoth on any Palitoy ESB card. Damaged cards or reseals OK.
Also any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

Sparky P
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Sparky P » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Awesome Palis Andy :twisted: :D :D :D

Scarifpacific
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarifpacific » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 am

Some very special looking ones there Andy. Love that die cast.

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 am

Few more army builders for the Rebel Soldier and Rebel Commando. Both the RS are actually very nice examples. A Yoda handpuppet as it was sillly cheap and I’ve never had one and a MoC... all picked at Shepton Mallet toy fair

7BFC3C77-EB16-41F9-B30D-CE881E8DBEF1.jpeg
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyPreston » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:52 pm

SAVORY100 wrote:Few more army builders for the Rebel Soldier and Rebel Commando. Both the RS are actually very nice examples. A Yoda handpuppet as it was sillly cheap and I’ve never had one and a MoC... all picked at Shepton Mallet toy fair

I haven't been to that fair for years! It was great for vintage in the 90s and then dried up in the later 2000s, glad to see there are still some good pickings to be had. That Bespin Guard looks great!

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”