Header image

Latest Acquisitions

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:54 pm

Taffius wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Something a little different from me.
I’ve been looking for one of these sealed on card for a while now.
I think the colours really “pop” on the red card back, it’s “of it’s time”.
PS: Anyone that knows me, will know that I have no need to open and use this, in fact it’s the first comb I’ve bought in over 20 years! :lol:


Never seen one before and that is mint. Nice share mini. :D

Thanks guys.
You see them around, often beaten up or loose, normally in the US where they came from and the postage is a killer on the deal.
Adam Joseph did a few quirky SW items, they did a Sy Snootles comb as well, notice that the bubble is the same for both combs!
Maybe something for Stuart if he’s not got one?
175FBD87-7780-4C67-9544-3B28B6359179.jpeg
175FBD87-7780-4C67-9544-3B28B6359179.jpeg (124.66 KiB) Viewed 391 times

Picture from the web.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1966
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Snaketibe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Mini99 wrote:Something a little different from me.
I’ve been looking for one of these sealed on card for a while now.
I think the colours really “pop” on the red card back, it’s “of it’s time”.
PS: Anyone that knows me, will know that I have no need to open and use this, in fact it’s the first comb I’ve bought in over 20 years! :lol:

That IS different! I've never seen one of those before, but it looks to be in fabulous condition, and if you've been searching for one for a while, congratulations on picking one up :-)

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks Jeremy.
It’s not that they are rare, i have found them hard to find on a card and in the Uk.
Really it isn’t what I collect, but they caught my eye and thought I would try to find one.

User avatar
Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2120
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 pm
Location: West Sussex

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Robstyley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Mini99 wrote:Thanks Jeremy.
It’s not that they are rare, i have found them hard to find on a card and in the Uk.
Really it isn’t what I collect, but they caught my eye and thought I would try to find one.


Good score Mini, that's cool that is. It's not really my sort of thing either but I like it. Great way to collect, buy what you like the look of, don't be governed by self imposed rules. I try to do that, sometimes runs and completing things can become tedious, for me anyway.

User avatar
Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2372
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Mini99 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Robstyley wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Thanks Jeremy.
It’s not that they are rare, i have found them hard to find on a card and in the Uk.
Really it isn’t what I collect, but they caught my eye and thought I would try to find one.


Good score Mini, that's cool that is. It's not really my sort of thing either but I like it. Great way to collect, buy what you like the look of, don't be governed by self imposed rules. I try to do that, sometimes runs and completing things can become tedious, for me anyway.

Many thanks.
Totally agree with you, I bought a few MOCs last year “just to complete a run”, but have now realised that I don’t appreciate them as they do nothing for me.
So will be moving on a few in the new year and buying items that appeal to me.
No fixed rules, no “got to buy”, more collecting from the heart, that’s how it should be.

User avatar
coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1978
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby coomber75 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 pm

having got really close to a full moc run, i too am now thinking do i bother or just keep the bits i love and display and move the other moc on.. equally will i ever really buy a yak moc :lol:

User avatar
Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Sutton, Surrey

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Just added a dark blue R2 to the loose vintage collection, so took the opportunity of showing my recently acquired first 12 stand again :D

Image
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3696
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Palifan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Just added a dark blue R2 to the loose vintage collection, so took the opportunity of showing my recently acquired first 12 stand again :D

Image



That's a lovely looking set of figures and stand, you must be very happy with it.

Ian

User avatar
Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6973
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Michael Sith » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Love the first 12 and Mail away stand looks fantastic 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

AndyPreston
Regular
Regular
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby AndyPreston » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 pm

The first 12 look so good on that display stand, lovely set.

I’ve had a few new arrivals today, a complete set of British ESB cinema lobby cards from eBay, and 4 more Westbrook birthday cards and an HCF Sketch Pad from Toys of Tatooine on Facebook.

7F53691C-D986-4D63-89FF-AB5DF1EAA736.jpeg
7F53691C-D986-4D63-89FF-AB5DF1EAA736.jpeg (295.9 KiB) Viewed 216 times
Looking for any non-toy vintage British items esp. store displays, advertising & promotional items, and cast & crew or prop items.

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Ruby2511 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 pm

AndyPreston wrote:The first 12 look so good on that display stand, lovely set.

I’ve had a few new arrivals today, a complete set of British ESB cinema lobby cards from eBay, and 4 more Westbrook birthday cards and an HCF Sketch Pad from Toys of Tatooine on Facebook.

7F53691C-D986-4D63-89FF-AB5DF1EAA736.jpeg


Very nice Andy, those lobby cards are awesome, would look good framed 8)
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

User avatar
Dr_Ball_MD
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Sutton, Surrey

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Dr_Ball_MD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Another pre-Christmas treat for myself, because I'm worth it :D

Image
My loose vintage collection: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24345

Zuckuss fockuss: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34291

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 6657
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby edd_jedi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:45 pm

My Vectis purchase arrived today. I got into a bidding war with this one, but having been on the lookout for one for ages I decided before the auction I was going to win this whatever it took. Possibly my favourite MOC purchase this year, I think this cardback looks particularly gorgeous offerless and logoless.

27B29364-BFBA-4B9A-961C-6AE323DCE059.jpeg
27B29364-BFBA-4B9A-961C-6AE323DCE059.jpeg (363.46 KiB) Viewed 126 times

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8235
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Grant_C » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Love that Leia Hoth. Fantastic card.

User avatar
Ruby2511
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 847
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:58 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Ruby2511 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Another pre-Christmas treat for myself, because I'm worth it :D

Image



Nice treat Dr Ball 8)
Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcroz, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests