Car Boot season starts tomorrow!

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Can't wait. Strawberry Fields down here in the beautiful New Forest opens up again tomorrow morning :)

Will update you on my massive vintage Star Wars haul as soon as I get back (or tell you about the 3 Beanie Babies I brought)

It's been a long winter

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Heading to a local flea market tomorrow. Last Sunday of every month. Haven't been in a while. Unfortunately never much vintage star wars :cry: But you never know 8)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
When I first started collecting in 1989, people couldn't give the stuff away! I would generally come home every Sunday afternoon with bin bags full of stuff. One of my best finds was a ESB AT AT boxed, complete for £5, when I looked inside there was a loose, complete Palitoy Death Star and a stack of figures and weapons. Then there were 6 12" figures on a table for 50p each...happy days.

Don't do car boots anymore, but I miss the thrill of the hunt!

SOJ

Sith Lord
Hit the Queensmead boot sale in Ruislip this morning and found.....zip. The only vintage I've found recently was a wrecked At At but the seller wanted £25 for it last year :lol:

The hunt goes on

MarkG

Jedi Master
went to one of local car booties last Sunday up at Brighton race course.. a few vintage items were spotted. loose b-wing pilot for £12, and incomplete and tatty rebel transporter for £35!

Seller didn't want to shift on those prices as they were 'incredibly rare' according to him.. I carried on walking.

larger boot fair starts next Sunday at Sayers Common... so will be popping up there.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Heading to a local flea market tomorrow. Last Sunday of every month. Haven't been in a while. Unfortunately never much vintage star wars :cry: But you never know 8)

Should have read my own post! LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH...that will be next week so :roll: At least it wasn't to far off a drive :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Dublinjeff said:
Dublinjeff said:

Should have read my own post! LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH...that will be next week so :roll: At least it wasn't to far off a drive :lol:

:lol: classic mistake Jeff, mate that's exactly something I would do :lol:

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Sweet FA at the booty sale in Lymington this morning. Zippo. Brought one troll doll for 50p and I guess my lil princess is getting that.

Next week. There's always next week.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
went to one of local car boot last Sunday up at Brighton race course.. a few vintage items were spotted. loose b-wing pilot for £12, and incomplete and tatty rebel transporter for £35!

Seller didn't want to shift on those prices as they were 'incredibly rare' according to him.. I carried on walking.

larger boot fair starts next Sunday at Sayers Common... so will be popping up there.

Mate never waste your time with that booty, its always **** & full of arseholes and knuckle draggers

Dan

Padawan
Got into work today and a friend tells me there was a guy with a stall at the local carboot with loads of vintage on it, mocs, boxed etc..
She was going to send a pic/msg about it but her son ran off and once she caught up with him she forgot to contact me.

Not exactly the best way to start off a monday morning :(

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Good call Fuzzy, the Car Boot Roll call 8)

Hope to get back into these, Jr loves them too.

I just have to find a way to wake up on Sunday morning :lol: :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
My local ones have started yet! But we visited another one! Saw a guy with a tub of ROTJ Mags and a kid was proudly walking round with a beater Scout Walker and Wampa in his hand! 8) 8) Good on him!

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
SublevelStudios said:
When I first started collecting in 1989, people couldn't give the stuff away! I would generally come home every Sunday afternoon with bin bags full of stuff. One of my best finds was a ESB AT AT boxed, complete for £5, when I looked inside there was a loose, complete Palitoy Death Star and a stack of figures and weapons. Then there were 6 12" figures on a table for 50p each...happy days.

Don't do car boots anymore, but I miss the thrill of the hunt!

I remember this Mark! You picking up those 12" then I found the other two (Ben and Chewie) on a couple of tables up from there. Burslem Co-op - Good times!! :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
i went to denham car boot last weekend and the only star wars i saw were a battered ree yees and a chief chirpa, didnt even bother asking the price.

i picked up an ultimate warrior mug from 1991 for 20p, a bendy spiderman figure from 1978 for 50p and a big T2 talking arnie for £3.

piss poor really, that one at denham is so big it takes about 3 hours to get around and by then you're eyes start going funny from looking at all the stalls.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Surprising amount of SW at the carboot at the weekend. The earlybird 6 am sweepers arent out yet it seems. All of it Modern. But managed to pick up a quite large clone army 35 in total for 50p a pop complete with weapons. 8)

The other larger local carboot starts this coming Saturday now too :D

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Met a chap at the weekend selling a few modern Star Wars bits. There was a wide empty space so asked if he had sold other stuff. Told me he had a massive modern Star Wars collection which was his sons, including boxed atats, Slave1 etc, but 'a trader came along with a can and brought the lot about 20 mins ago'. This was at 6.30 in the morning :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom