AFA GRADES

han duo

Sith Lord
I bought three vehicles in on lot at the sw europe toy auction , i went to the AFA stall straight after and sent them away to be graded ive just got the report back (as they are being sent back to me this week) and this is what they got...

ewok battle wagon.. AFA 80
imperial sniper AFA... Y 80 - 85 - 90 - 80
sand skimmer AFA..... y 80 - 85 - 90 - 80
security scout AFA.....y 80 - 85 - 90 - 80

what does this mean ?? i know that afa 80 is quite good but iam not sure what all the other numbers are after the mini rigs ?? what are they worth?

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
AFA 80 is very good for a big boxed item like the Battle Wagon. There won't be many better. 85's are pretty unusual and 90's are very hard to get on big boxes.

(you only get one grade on boxed items)

The minirigs have got a y (yellow) grade with overall 80 (again pretty good). The C stands for Card, the B for Bubble and the F for Figure (in this case the vehicle). It looks like the vehicles are the worst point from what the graders can see (hence the overall 80 - its not an average of the three grades).

You have some nice gear there 8)

p.s. check Brians Toys / Cloud City for a rough idea on prices as they have a lot of AFA stuff. They are very top end (particularly BT's) but if you think 15-20% below you won't be far off for a UK value I'd reckon.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Darth Wensleydale said:
AFA 80 is very good for a big boxed item like the Battle Wagon. There won't be many better. 85's are pretty unusual and 90's are very hard to get on big boxes.

(you only get one grade on boxed items)

The minirigs have got a y (yellow) grade with overall 80 (again pretty good). The C stands for Card, the B for Bubble and the F for Figure (in this case the vehicle). It looks like the vehicles are the worst point from what the graders can see (hence the overall 80 - its not an average of the three grades).

You have some nice gear there 8)

p.s. check Brians Toys / Cloud City for a rough idea on prices as they have a lot of AFA stuff. They are very top end (particularly BT's) but if you think 15-20% below you won't be far off for a UK value I'd reckon.

I agree with that totally.

han duo

Sith Lord
boba frett said:
You gonna sell them on Han?

Its half price listing tomorrow on evil bay.

iam testing the water at the minute with offers if i like what i hear then i may part with them as i told my wife that there an investment (teehee-haha) so shes got it in her mind that we are selling them ,, anyway iam going to see how it go's . iam waiting on them being delivered so until i get them i dont want to put them on ebay just in case the plane delivering them gets struck by lighting or something !!

han duo

Sith Lord
Darth Wensleydale said:
Han, Brians Toys are flogging a Battle Wagon from the Lucasfilm Archive for Ã'£400 and its an AFA75 :shock: I didn't know whether you'd seen it?

cheers mate , i hadnt ,,, thats bloody good to know !!!! as han solo once said yyyyyyaaahhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo :D :D 8)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-EWOK-BATTLE-WAGON-VEHICLE-AFA-75_W0QQitemZ170142172700QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's good news for you Han. :D
Just remember BT's tend to be on the (very) expensive side though.

han duo

Sith Lord
i relise that anything is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it but what do you think mine is worth ?? do you think i would be right if i said about Ã'£400 to Ã'£500ish - or is that hoping for to much ?

at the minute there are only 1 or 2 in the world at a 80 grade that are on the AFA 's population list.... it all depends on how many people out there want it at the same time !

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Maybe try putting an add on Rebelscum to see if anybody is interested and if you don't get any offers near your asking price put it on ebay when they next do a cheap listing day. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom