fav piece

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
just been reading about edds afa buy and you all going on about it not being the price that matters(how true)
so whats every ones fav piece of their collection
mine wouldhave to be my brown snake yoda,i got it for Ã'£8 its not my overall fav figure its just one i never managed to be able to get as a kid, so it makes it that little bit special to finally have one after all these years

sith-smith

Grand Master
Tricky one. i like different pieces for different reasons.

i've got all my old stuff from when I was a kid so that has high sentimental value.

I like my palitoy 12 back luke, coz he was the first figure my mum ever bought me.

I love my shuttle, i'd wanted one for ages as a kid and finally got one when i was about 28.

Just before Christmas. Fantastic feeling.

i can also rememer getting a second loose one for Ã'£35 and giggling all the way home with it. :oops:

spoons

Grand Master
If I had to get rid of my loose collection I would keep my orange snake yoda - my first ever ebay buy - and my vc jawa.

When I first started collecting I bought from car boots and flea markets. I'd heard of dealers selling vc jawas for Ã'£400, and I thought I would never own one. Then came the internet!

Bollux

Grand Master
mine would have to be my falcon!

I love it!

I remember loving it as a kid, and its with the same box that I had as a kid too!

as anyone who saw my pic on the members pics thread can see! I have always loved the falcon!

sith-smith

Grand Master
spoons said:
If I had to get rid of my loose collection I would keep my orange snake yoda - my first ever ebay buy - and my vc jawa.

When I first started collecting I bought from car boots and flea markets. I'd heard of dealers selling vc jawas for Ã'£400, and I thought I would never own one. Then came the internet!

Ã'£400? Really?

I can remember when i first hit a show in 1999 they were going for Ã'£250 and I thought, 'there's no way on earth i'm spending that much on one figure'

Oh how things change. :oops:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
kilroy said:
anyone knows any flea markets that have popular stalls selling star wars figures? or are all flea markets just random?

there is a stall on doncaster on a tuesday ,but he knows what he is on with so you wont get any bargains

also some one was telling me the other day theres a stall with loads of star wars stuff on a market
i think the name of the place he said was homley but not 100% sure

spoons

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
spoons said:

Ã'£400? Really?

I can remember when i first hit a show in 1999 they were going for Ã'£250 and I thought, 'there's no way on earth i'm spending that much on one figure'

Oh how things change. :oops:

Ã'£400 was back in 1993 - I had a toy magazine with prices in dollars, so that was probably top price.

If they were down to Ã'£250 in 1999 and now are about Ã'£100 you should be able to pick one up for Ã'£10 in 10 years time :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom