is this a repro sticker

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
can anyone tell if this is a repro sticker
DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It's never easy to tell. :? Is there any yellowing or signs of age considering it is 30 years old ?!! :lol:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
I used to sell repro stickers so i know how to tell. The original ones are stamped out of a sheet and repro ones are hand cut with scissors. Look around the underside of the legs and see if the stickers have been hand cut. (you can allways tell!!!!)

han duo

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
I used to sell repro stickers so i know how to tell. The original ones are stamped out of a sheet and repro ones are hand cut with scissors. Look around the underside of the legs and see if the stickers have been hand cut. (you can allways tell!!!!)

this is true but not always the case as i use to make my own repro stickers from a cd rom with a back cataloge of the repro stickers for vehicles/figures/playsets and if they are cut using a template made of card then cut with a craft knife or razor blade then you dont get the repro look as twofoot has stated..... it really is getting very hard to tell the difference repro stuff is getting really good ! :evil:

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
han duo said:
TWOFOOT said:

this is true but not always the case as i use to make my own repro stickers from a cd rom with a back cataloge of the repro stickers for vehicles/figures/playsets and if they are cut using a template made of card then cut with a craft knife or razor blade then you dont get the repro look as twofoot has stated..... it really is getting very hard to tell the difference repro stuff is getting really good ! :evil:
You didnt buy that rom from me on ebay did you?? I kind of sold several till ebay told me to stop because of copyright theft. :evil: :evil:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
TWOFOOT said:

this looks nice and straight but it has red pen on inside of leg and think its been touched up on legs and one eye

han duo

Sith Lord
either thats original or someone somewhere has cracked the best repro stickers ive ever seen... :D

i'll go for saying its an 100% original figure

want to sell it ?

Bollux

Grand Master
jabba, to get a better focus on your camera is there a "macro" function?

this is best for close up work buddy.... :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
jabbawokkie said:
Bollux said:

speak english boy . :roll:
The cameras macro focus should have an icon that looks like a flower that enables you to take close up photo's without blurring. :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
jabbawokkie said:
Bollux said:

speak english boy . :roll:
The cameras macro focus should have an icon that looks like a flower that enables you to take close up photo's without blurring. :wink:

yeah found it

bluesnagman

Padawan
The only way I would be able to tell is to have a very close picture of the orange. As mentioned before, you will see distortion in the pixels. I make these stickers and mine are all die cut. As for the 1 vs 2 piece sticker, most originals are 2 pieces. It is very hard to wrap a one piece sticker around a cylinder. Any repros I make are also 2 pieces because how easy they are to put on.
It's good to be back. I miss you guys!

Todd

bluesnagman

Padawan
Thanks Weasel!
I get so darn busy between the 3 jobs and 4 kids that it is really hard to find the time. I will probably be back for a couple of months and then disappear again. I will enjoy it while I can.
Todd

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Simple solution, sell the kids (maybe just keep your favourite)!
With the extra money you won't need three jobs! :lol: :D

Good to see you back anyway!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom