NEW - Cardback collectors thread.

poncho

Grand Master
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread dedicated to cardback collecting like on RS. i know theres a newly sticky cardback collectors trade/swaps on here but thought we could have a general discussion thread, showcase links, recent purchases etc.

mods can this be sticky

regards chris

poncho

Grand Master
il kick off....
already on the LA Thread but heres a fx7 tri card i picked up on ebay last week for a couple of quid. i love trilogo cards 8)

20140507_124453_zpse1f5e09f.jpg

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
quick question, now i know there are lots of different cardbacks star wars, empire, jedi, no obviously not every figure was available on these but my question is 'were all 92 figures available on trilogo cards?

poncho

Grand Master
pizzathehutt said:
quick question, now i know there are lots of different cardbacks star wars, empire, jedi, no obviously not every figure was available on these but my question is 'were all 92 figures available on trilogo cards?
the answer to your question is yes the only major figure not too have a tri logo back was c3po fixed limbs which of course was replaced by the c3po break apart limbs when esb cards came out.

on a side note the death star commander did not have its own release on a tri logo per say, it was on trilogo back but was only found carded on a atst driver cardback this is known as a 'mis card' and is very hard too find and is highly sought after.

regards chris

1001_l.jpg

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
P1070065_zpsd45278b6.jpg

There's 90 in total including the 6 hybrids, or 84 without hybrids. The photo above is missing 2 hybrids, I have acquired 1 since the photo, so 1 more to go!

Nice thread btw!

:)

Jason

ToddG

Youngling
Yes not all of them were released, trying to remeber who all is missing

4-Lom
Star Destroyer Commander
Power Droid
Walrusman??

Thanks
Todd

poncho

Grand Master
ToddG said:

4-Lom
Star Destroyer Commander
Power Droid
Walrusman??

Thanks
Todd
hey todd your right about 4lom pd and walrusman and too think i have a copy of trilogo/meccano reference book :lol:
so as sdc was on a miscard there were 3 not on a tri card. strange i wonder why not?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My cardback collection is like everything else very slow :roll:

But from little acorns....

Love tri logo cards and I like them in the plastic sleeves, going to carry on with these over time
The skiff I'm going to reseal for display though need to pick up a staff first.

image by Michael j s1, on Flickr

image by Michael j s1, on Flickr

Sent from my iPad

ToddG

Youngling
ponchobelt said:
ToddG said:

4-Lom
Star Destroyer Commander
Power Droid
Walrusman??

Thanks
Todd
hey todd your right about 4lom pd and walrusman and too think i have a copy of trilogo/meccano reference book :lol:
so as sdc was on a miscard there were 3 not on a tri card. strange i wonder why not?

I think if you are talking about cardbacks then the SDC is missing, it is not his image nor his name on the cardback. It is an AT-ST cardback. Just think if you have just the cardback you cant claim that a SDC was on it.

Now if you are talking about actual figures being released then I can see the miscard argument.

Thanks
Todd

coomber75

Sith Lord
sorry guys didnt realise this thread was up and running...

my question is do teh cardbacks come in different sizes... and different colour yellows on teh back

cheers

Phil

poncho

Grand Master
most cards are 6 x 9 inches kenner palitoy trilogo with rounded corners .however though in the french market for starwars 'guerre des etoiles' the figures were put on square cards no rounded corners 6 1/3 x 7 1/10 inches. made and distributed by meccano.

concerning yellow on the back i dont know much .....
i do know that pbp(spanish) rotj cards haves a washed out yellow back!
and a very light yellow trilogo backs is often associated to cards sold in germany.

itfciain

Grand Master
Not massively into cardbacks (although I have picked a few hundred up over the years) - however I do like these - they are all a bit hacked at but you don't see them in any condition that often

SAM_6145_zpse6df1bbe.jpg

SAM_6146_zpsafcd186c.jpg

coomber75

Sith Lord
Thanks for the help, these are the two I will be living up.... just thought they were interesting that they were different In size as hadn't noticed that before
http://s19.photobucket.com/user/scotthughes1/library/FS

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom