Are Palitoy 41 backs rare?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thought I'd help this member out and ask the question in case anyone knowledgeable out there missed this thread -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20713

Ian

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
The Palitoy 41 backs in many ways have taken a back seat because for one probably only one figure made his debut on the 41 card and many collectors including myself have focused on 30 backs and 45a's which are the series where many figures made their debuts.

Some figures on 41 back cards are super rare-much rarer than their 30 back equivalents :!: I had the rare pleasure of handling a 41 Bossk a while back that now sits in a top MOC collection! Not to mention the SW characters always being tough and some have yet to b found MOC :!:
Other 41 back MOCs are relatively common ie Han Hoth, Lobot, AT-AT Driver etc.

I have yet to see a large 41 back collection and am really looking forward to having that pleasure :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the great info, I thought I'd seen someone on here with a 41 back focus but I must have been thinking about a 45 back one.

With these being so rare I'm surprised nobody's inquired more about the one on the valuation thread, there must be some 41 back focus collectors out there who either know a rough value or at least would be really interested in this piece?

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Some 41 backs are tough, some are common. Same with 30's and 45a's

The R2 is probably the most common SW character on a 41 back. Bossk is tough on 30, mega tough on 41. Lando is easily to find on 30, but mega tough on 41. Han Hoth is easy on Both, yet mega hard on 45a. There's no real logic!

41 backs are nice looking card and form an interesting midway point between the 30 and 45a. But as PJ says, the 30 backs always command the most attention and I can understand why.

Palifan

Sith Lord
More great info and It does feel that it's probably a completest who would really go for this card back variation (any on here I wonder :roll: ). I can certainly see the appeal of going for a 30 back set as opposed to a letter one as the logo was nice and clear on them with nothing written underneath it. I guess it's what ever floats you boat at the end of the day though.

Ian

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Like Gary and palijunkie say, there is no obvious trend to the rarity of characters on different cards.

I've had some really, what I'd consider rare, 41 bks in my time, including a Bossk, LXW, Ben,R2 and Hoth Trooper

Having said that some seem common such as Lobot, Han Hoth, ATAT Driver and 2-1b

I still have a few, I'll post a pic when I get round to it.

Han,Han Hoth, Han Bespin, Leia, Leia Hoth and Leia Bespin.

Yes, I do have a Han and Leia focus :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Get posting pics then!! :D

Personally I like the 41 back card. For once a Palitoy card makes sense...pretty much every figure that appears on the back probably appeared on the card. That's not the same with the 30b or 45a!!

theslider

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Personally I like the 41 back card. For once a Palitoy card makes sense...pretty much every figure that appears on the back probably appeared on the card. That's not the same with the 30b or 45a!!

This.

Whilst it doesn't have the same visual appeal of the 30s it doesn't have the vulgar offer of the 45s (despite the clutch of debuts on that card). Although ANY Palitoy logo'd card is great in my eyes.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Like I said, I really like the 41 back card.

Particularly for these two characters as it's the last time they appeared together!!

41pair.jpg

ZippyNL

Padawan
When I was a kid a friend of mine got bought an AT AT driver, and I refused to believe that it was real because it wasn't on the back of the card. That, coupled with the huge expense of the 30 backs much later in life, made me decide when I started collecting that rather than go for the debut card, I would go for the card that the character first appeared on. So for me, 11 characters made their "debut" on the 41 back card. So far I've only managed 5 - Lobot, Imperial Commander, Rebel Commander, Ugnaught and Yoda. I think at least the first 4 are fairly common, though I didn't see too many Yodas (I might be wrong though). Got to agree though possibly my favourite card.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Nice cards Lee. Look in top condition! 8)

Thanks Gaz, you should know as a few used to be yours.

Think this was the nicest condition 41 I ever owned though, still regret letting this one go, considering 20 back characters on a 41 back card are near impossible to find.

DSC_0252.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom