Places in the uk that sell vintage SW?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Hello there!

Can we all bunch together and make this a guide to places you know of in the uk that sell vintage star wars. shops, market stools or what not?

it would be nice for all of us to throw in some info so whenever other members are out and about they can visit other dealers.

would be good to make this a sticky mods.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
Hello there!

Can we all bunch together and make this a guide to places you know of in the uk that sell vintage star wars. shops, market stools or what not?

it would be nice for all of us to throw in some info so whenever other members are out and about they can visit other dealers.

would be good to make this a sticky mods.

Great idea! I'm just returning to the collecting scene and would value this info as the only store I know in Wiltshire (toy planet) is probably closing down soon :(

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
here's a couple i know of.....

orbital comics (leicester square, london) loose figures, some boxed bits in the past. £££
cinema store (leicester square, london) loose figures, couple of carded figures. £££
mimi fifi (notting hill, london) box of loose figures, couple of carded figures. £££
retro collectables (notting hill, london) loose figures. £££
camden market, davids stool. (camden, london) loose figures, last 17, playsets, ships. £££
chesham model shop (chesham, north london) loose figures. ££
snoopers paradise (brighton) loose figures, dodgy recarded figures. £££

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Metropolis Warwick, has a very pricey cabinet of vintage loose, along with vintage ships etc
Was featured on toyhunter
http://www.metropolistoys.co.uk/index.asp

Palifan

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Global Collectables, Bristol- bits (clueless)

The guy who owns that shop once told me about the Palitoy factory shutting down and how he picked up bulk stock from them. I must admit I don't really trust him or his dodgy son who buys up everything Star Wars related at toy fairs (well I think it's his son), but thought he might be worth asking about the whole TT scandal and see if he can shed any light on it. Never managed to ask him myself but if anyone does visit that shop it might be worth an ask.

Ian

x-pack

Grand Master
Last time I went Bygone Times in Eccleston, Lancs had loads of vintage for sale. Some nice stuff too £££

Funky Figures in Wigan has vintage apparently £

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Maulster79 said:

but thought he might be worth asking about the whole TT scandal and see if he can shed any light on it. Never managed to ask him myself but if anyone does visit that shop it might be worth an ask.

Ian

I did when it all kicked off. This guy is clueless. He thinks he has a unique set of vintage star wars clarks shoes that he thinks are worth £100's. You can pick them up off eBay at £33. Zero knowledge yet hold back in conversation as if he has a unique perspective. Just horrible experience.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Palifan said:
Maulster79 said:

but thought he might be worth asking about the whole TT scandal and see if he can shed any light on it. Never managed to ask him myself but if anyone does visit that shop it might be worth an ask.

Ian

I did when it all kicked off. This guy is clueless. He thinks he has a unique set of vintage star wars clarks shoes that he thinks are worth £100's. You can pick them up off eBay at £33. Zero knowledge yet hold back in conversation as if he has a unique perspective. Just horrible experience.

Sorry for mentioning him, it doesn't sound like it went all that well :lol:

I used to pick up Nightmare Before Christmas full size figures off of him when he first opened but always found it slightly stressful going in there and dealing with him ( I was a youngish lad at the time). I didn't see him for probably 10 years and then bumped into him at a toy fair. It took me a moment to recognise him but once we started arguing over a star wars figures weapon being repro the memories came flooding back. He was trying to say that a really bad repro moc of bespin Luke had a real weapon with it where I could clearly see that it was painted! Bit of a tosser but he did mention the Palitoy factory which is why I mentioned it.

Oh well, we live and learn (well some of us anyway) :D

Ian

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
I met this guy at a toy fair once too. Disagreed that a green limbed chewie was nothing more than discolourisation then had a another disagreement where he made out all his modern was rarer than any vintage.

Still ended up buying a vintage pencil case though.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Took my friends kids to Blackpool last week, found a Forbidden planet type shop with a couple of cabinets full of vintage stuff, mostly loose figures, mini rigs and ships, also a nice boxed Palitoy diecast y-wing. Prices were reasonable.
Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the shop or the street it was on, sorry.

x-pack

Grand Master
ponchobelt said:
its all getting scattered

lets do it by regions/counties and break it down fro there maybe

Someone with more talent than me could do a map of the British Isles and pin point the shops on there :)

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fishtalk said:
Took my friends kids to Blackpool last week, found a Forbidden planet type shop with a couple of cabinets full of vintage stuff, mostly loose figures, mini rigs and ships, also a nice boxed Palitoy diecast y-wing. Prices were reasonable.
Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the shop or the street it was on, sorry.

Fish talk,this is the shop you were in! :evil:

http://www.whoblackpool.com

They are the scum of the earth & never,I repeat NEVER buy anything from them online as they take payment & never send your item out & change the company name every other year.Have a read of this!

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t374-who-blackpool-do-not-buy-online

Mark

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom