Jawa figures

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi All,

Wondered if you might be able to shed some light on the following.....

I have 3 Jawas, 3 capes and 2 blasters all of which have been separated, jumbled up and I don't know which goes with which. I assume 2 of the Jawas were bought carded (all this stuff comes from my childhood collection so no doubts re provenance) and the other came with the Palitoy release of the 'Land of the Jawas' (figure not included in the Kenner set).

I've found the research that I've done contradictory in some respects and was hoping someone could put me straight - I have 2 large eyed Jawas but only one vinyl cape; both my blasters have a bump - did Palitoy's 'Land of the Jawas' set come with a blaster or just the figure? Am I missing a blaster and if so should it have no bump and go with the vinyl cape Jawa?

I've taken some pics of both of the 'Land of the Jawas' playsets and my 3 Jawas and accesories - please see below.... Personally, I think that the Jawa on the right in pic#3 goes with the cape in the middle of pic#4 and the blaster at the bottom of pic#5 (unless I'm missing a no bump blaster) - I'm not sure though!

Thank you very much for any assistance!

My best, Martin.

25ABAFB4-5E19-4D81-98D3-5D16720BBDC6_zps6hfs6tww.jpg

BFAC96FB-22E8-4971-881F-ACCA5E39290E_zpscyrmvgpd.jpg

A19F60C5-76AF-4346-91DE-2B7A7A5F5363_zpss6awfmey.jpg

02AF1D14-5063-413A-BF12-AAB960CE0696_zps7w5qfn2s.jpg

70555046-2B65-45BE-AAA6-2EFD14712825_zpsorlqs95d.jpg

plantman

Sith Lord
Hi mate

just in case any vultures try and move in on the vinyl cape jawa DONT accept a stupid offer for it, its worth a lot of money, £400+

keep it or get it graded mate :)

spoons

Grand Master
wow - what a great Palitoy land of the jawas set

The jawa with the small eyes goes with the vinyl cape, and these came with guns with and without bumps on the side. Do you remember whether it was a cloth or vinyl cape that came with the playset?

I don't know whether the set came with a blaster (I'd assume so) but I wouldn't worry too much which blaster he has. You'll struggle to pick up a cheap blaster without a bump as these only came with vinyl caped figures - which as Andy's pricing indicates are somewhat rare :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
spoons said:

The jawa with the small eyes goes with the vinyl cape, and these came with guns with and without bumps on the side. Do you remember whether it was a cloth or vinyl cape that came with the playset?

I don't know whether the set came with a blaster (I'd assume so) but I wouldn't worry too much which blaster he has. You'll struggle to pick up a cheap blaster without a bump as these only came with vinyl caped figures - which as Andy's pricing indicates are somewhat rare :)

The Jawa with the small eyes DIDN'T come with the vinyl cape. Wanted to point that out before you made a mistake. Can you turn the Jawa's around a take a picture as there are markings on the back of their legs that will show which of the two large eyed ones the cape goes with.

The most common markings for the vinyl cape Jawa should look like number 1 in this guide (although I think a couple of the other ones have also been found) - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/COO-GUIDE-h21.htm#Jawa

There's also this information which has a different placement of the markings (coo), on the back of the legs (this is another replacement for the coo on the vinyl cape Jawa) - http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/vcjawa.htm

Also blasters with both a side bump and without have been found with the vinyl cape Jawa although the non side bump is the most common seen with it.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
spoons said:

The Jawa with the small eyes DIDN'T come with the vinyl cape. Wanted to point that out before you made a mistake. Can you turn the Jawa's around a take a picture as there are markings on the back of their legs that will show which of the two large eyed ones the cape goes with.

Ian

Whoops :oops:

Palifan

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Palifan said:
spoons said:

Ian

Whoops :oops:

Wasn't meaning to embarrass you in any way but I didn't want Martin to put the cape on the wrong one. there does seem to be a few different coo's that the VCJ has been found with (1,3,4 and maybe 2 with regards to the link I posted), but the most common I've seen is number 1.

here's another amazing link about it all although you'll need to be a T.I.G. member to view the pictures.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3870-the-tig-fotw-thread-jawa

Ian

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Wow - well thank you all for your help! I never knew there was so much to know about the different references!

I've rolled them over and photographed their butts which seemd somehow improper but anyhoo....

The large eyed Jawas seem to be type 1 & 4 from the Imperial Gunnery guide and the Canadian Star Wars Gallery seem to indicate that the vinyl cape goes with type 4 I think - bloody confusing this (but kind of fun)!

My smooth bump blaster has a slight blue tint to it; you don't really notice the tint until you put it next to a black object. Is that ok for a VC Jawa?

Front shot - 1,2,3 from left to right.

A19F60C5-76AF-4346-91DE-2B7A7A5F5363_zpss6awfmey.jpg

Rear shot - 1,2,3 from left to right.

0028E15E-344E-40E5-B11E-0BF4C9554941_zpsg82y8ccy.jpg

Rear Jawa 1

E277049B-1ACE-4049-AD15-759DD8C0559A_zpszashvymu.jpg

Rear Jawa 2

13B23D1E-2678-4137-9592-36A53167953E_zpska9of46v.jpg

Rear Jawa 3

FA4C0764-9434-4A87-A55D-42A386D01870_zps5j4vy3gq.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Wasn't meaning to embarrass you in any way but I didn't want Martin to put the cape on the wrong one. there does seem to be a few different coo's that the VCJ has been found with (1,3,4 and maybe 2 with regards to the link I posted), but the most common I've seen is number 1.

here's another amazing link about it all although you'll need to be a T.I.G. member to view the pictures.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3870-the-tig-fotw-thread-jawa

Ian

No problem Ian - just a brain melt :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hey Martin,
Thanks for putting the pictures up. I also find the Canadian slightly confusing in places and most of the research I've done on VCJ's seems to indicate coo number 1 is the most common seen. I think you're safe putting your cape with the second and third of your Jawas so maybe just pick the one that's in the best condition (least amount of paint chips to the hands ect).

I think the blue/black smooth blaster has been seen with the VCJ although make sure it floats in water (if it sinks it's a reproduction one). The blaster I have with my VCJ's has no bump on it and is a green/black in colour. This type of colour weapon was packed with the early issue figures but then changed to a more blue/black. I tend to prefer having the green/black, no side bump version with my VCJ's as that should mean it's a first issue one but this isn't always the case (especially after seeing a few graded examples of these VCJ's over the years). If yours does float though I wouldn't worry to much.

Ian

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Hey Martin,
Thanks for putting the pictures up. I also find the Canadian slightly confusing in places and most of the research I've done on VCJ's seems to indicate coo number 1 is the most common seen. I think you're safe putting your cape with the second and third of your Jawas so maybe just pick the one that's in the best condition (least amount of paint chips to the hands ect).

I think the blue/black smooth blaster has been seen with the VCJ although make sure it floats in water (if it sinks it's a reproduction one). The blaster I have with my VCJ's has no bump on it and is a green/black in colour. This type of colour weapon was packed with the early issue figures but then changed to a more blue/black. I tend to prefer having the green/black, no side bump version with my VCJ's as that should mean it's a first issue one but this isn't always the case (especially after seeing a few graded examples of these VCJ's over the years). If yours does float though I wouldn't worry to much.

Ian

Thank you very much Ian. I've owned these for 35 years now since I was a nipper so they're definately not reproductions. I was very fortunate to have a great collection as a child which I'm enjoying discovering once again as I go through my loft!

Think I'll get the VC Jawa boxed up to keep him nice - just found another bag of weapons and a couple more figures I didn't know I had (probably why they're still on their cards - wouldn't have stayed on the cards with me as a kid!) but no more Jawa blasters yet. There might be a no bump blaster up there waiting to be discovered!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Sounds like you're going to have a great time discovering all your old treasures. It would be great to see some pictures of your collection once you've sorted through it, the best place for it would be in the limelights section.

If you come across any of the card backs for the Jawa's it would be great to see them as well. I had a VCJ one growing up but as I didn't keep the card back there's no way of knowing for sure if it came on a Palitoy card (although I like to think so).

Happy hunting! :D

Ian

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Sounds like you're going to have a great time discovering all your old treasures. It would be great to see some pictures of your collection once you've sorted through it, the best place for it would be in the limelights section.

If you come across any of the card backs for the Jawa's it would be great to see them as well. I had a VCJ one growing up but as I didn't keep the card back there's no way of knowing for sure if it came on a Palitoy card (although I like to think so).

Happy hunting! :D

Ian

Taken a couple of quick snaps in the loft - won't inflict these upon the limelights section as my presentation is somewhat remiss due to location!

Not found much of the big stuff yet but something to whet the appetite - and just stumbled across a bag of MOCs too.....

Never has sorting the loft been so much fun!

0492A47D-5241-42C2-8AE8-46B1D5958AB1_zpsuo4e6p13.jpg

5332BF96-CADD-4DE8-AA45-AC99D0C6CB69_zpsgu0edro5.jpg

79659C71-9AA1-4386-A11B-89881FBCEA75_zpsssokkq2b.jpg

AA18AF1D-3D8A-4CA5-928D-CD7C8CDDA375_zpsdfq3iolk.jpg

D6C08066-469D-47CE-A24F-A465157815BE_zpsb1k1huzf.jpg

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Nice, if those pieces don't give you the bug to collect again nothing will.

Didn't fancy playing with your toys as a kid then? :roll:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Boba Skinner said:

Everything was played with but I have always had a massive respect for my toys and boxed everything back up once I'd finished (or Mum & Dad would give me a shoeing!)

The MOCs were a combination of duplicates and last 17 which came out when I was growing out of playing with them I guess but at 49p each I couldn't resist - still remember hunting through the jumble of figures in Tesco's trying to find one of each of those - wish I'd bought the entire job lot now!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Boba Skinner said:

Everything was played with but I have always had a massive respect for my toys and boxed everything back up once I'd finished (or Mum & Dad would give me a shoeing!)

The MOCs were a combination of duplicates and last 17 which came out when I was growing out of playing with them I guess but at 49p each I couldn't resist - still remember hunting through the jumble of figures in Tesco's trying to find one of each of those - wish I'd bought the entire job lot now!

Everyone does, hindsight said wonderful thing, lovely collection though pal, hope you stick around and get involved in the forum, really good and helpful bunch on here.

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's some great items you've had stashed away for all these years. Lots of Palitoy boxes and five speeder bikes!!

You really did look after your toys growing up and those boxes they're in look to be in great shape. Thanks again for putting the pictures up, it's really good to see them and your the first new member in a while who hasn't had a slight headache getting your photo's on here :lol:

ian

chazb73

Sith Lord
Welcome Martin

What a great reunion - I love to think of all that lovely vintage that still exists in lofts.

Stick around mate :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom