AFA Loose Figure cases missing corners

itfciain

Grand Master
As I am not into AFA loose figures the I don't know if this is right not but have been told that the cases are missing their corners on the back in order to let the case 'breathe' - is this right ?

SAM_7425_zps1fbddab2.jpg

SAM_7426_zps19f4aba4.jpg

SAM_7424_zps1af7060f.jpg

jackabina

Sith Lord
Mate, I would say that is incorrect.
Looking at the picture, the break in the case, doesn't even open into the inside, so where's the airflow?

I also can't remember having missing corners on the ones i've owned in the past.

Please bare in mind, I maybe talking bollocks :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
It was a 90 but was wedged into the case and looked ****. It isn't actually mine - one of the guys on FB that I'd sold to asked if he could have it sent to me as the seller wouldn't ship to him. When it arrived it was missing the corners - I told the buyer this and the seller said it was be an air hole designed to let the case breathe - apparently

Said I'd ask on here if this was true

Joe

Grand Master
They do leave a little gap for airflow in the back of carded cases but I am not sure about loose cases?

I've only ever owned one AFA graded loose figure and I can't remember if it had a bit missing like that..sorry Iain!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The corners missing on AFA cases is perfectly normal I had I full set of loose figures graded about 4 years ago and they all have corners missing at the bottom. Also Toygrader don't glue the back bottom of cases to allow airflow incase any moisture is trapped in the case causing condensation. Hope this helps, finally a subject I no something about. :D

momike

Jedi Master
UKG do it also, it's standard on loose graded, I think it's for air flow, should only be the one corner mind

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom