Figures on cardback

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Spent a lovely afternoon looking at my old cardbacks and noticed the figures in the picture had slightly different paint apps compared to the actual production ones.

Bespin Guards white collar, Leia and Lando's black shoes, FX-7, Stormtrooper and IG's extra black markings and Luke's very nice silver buckle

Is this simply a case of early hand painted pre production figures used for the photograph? Am I right in saying none of these made it out on to finished cards or has some lucky bugger got these as part of their collection?

IMG_1028_zps6b92ad7a.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Yes they are hand painted Hard copies.

You can read more about them in this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084284/#post18890327

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers for that link Joe

What a great read - much appreciated

Love how the palitoyjunky says "lucky bugger in his collection" great minds :)

Joe

Grand Master
They are stunning figures aren't they? It's nice just to have a cardback with them on to flip around and look at from time to time, imagine owning the actual prototype figures that survived?

Lucky bugger indeed!!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mine as well - unfortunately I only have 1 but it's from my very first ESB figure - Rebel Trooper. I've cut the name plate out and written "I love my princess leia" in my best joint up writing on the back :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I noticed this back in the day when I was collecting in the early 80's. Used to wonder why my figure did not look exactly like the one on the reverse of this card back.

Also if you notice the figures holding weapons are all holding them in the opposite hand to the production figures - making them all left handed instead of right.

theslider

Sith Lord
Stormtrooper37 said:
I noticed this back in the day when I was collecting in the early 80's. Used to wonder why my figure did not look exactly like the one on the reverse of this card back.

Also if you notice the figures holding weapons are all holding them in the opposite hand to the production figures - making them all left handed instead of right.

For some reason (production error?) the photo was reversed. As a kid I don't think I noticed the difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom