Ebay - Spotting Fake Star Wars Figures Info - WTF!?!

Chico

Jedi Knight
I've just had a guy cancel an ebay sale as he thinks my star wars figure is a fake thanks to Ebays guide to original coo's -

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Spotting-Fake-Vintage-Star-Wars-Figures-/10000000019237856/g.html

Basically according to this 'guide' anything with a china coo is a fake!!! :evil:

The figure in question is a Luke Skywalker Farmboy figure I 2b variant: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/luke-skywalker/#a

I pointed the buyer to this forum and the above variant guide but he doesn't want to know.

Is there any truth to this ebay guide crap!?!

#frustrated

mumbo

Sith Lord
:roll: ebay proving once again what useless ****s they really are :evil:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Could be completely wrong (my apologies if I am :wink: ) but this guy has been asking a lot of Q's about coo's, any link :?

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/search.php?author_id=5837&sr=posts

itfciain

Grand Master
haha - this has come up on FB today as well - what a load of old rubbish

I have had seller say this to me in the past as well - I think you are probably best of without him mate as he doesn't sound like the sort of chap you want to deal with if he is that blinkered

Chico

Jedi Knight
Glad to hear its not just me! Thanks for the heads up mumbo, Dax doesn't match his ebay id so no way of knowing.

Is there a thread on here i can direct him to as one last ditch attempt?

Normally i'd just refund him and move on but i posted the figure this morning!

Joe

Grand Master
Haha the China figures are all fake article strikes again!!

:lol:

I'm just about ready to retire from all of this madness! The combination of the large influx of complete ****wits we've seen in the last couple of years and the insane prices things are selling for these days is enough to send anyone over the edge!

spoons

Grand Master
I looked at reporting that article a while back but bizarrely there isn't a 'load of old bollocks' option

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Joe said:
Haha the China figures are all fake article strikes again!!

:lol:

I'm just about ready to retire from all of this madness! The combination of the large influx of complete ****wits we've seen in the last couple of years and the insane prices things are selling for these days is enough to send anyone over the edge!

That combined with the just toys, rip open figures, repro box club................I have thought about going off the grid.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: FB. Schmasebook!...ebay...shocking :!:

Joe and Uncle Tod you are stalwarts on this fantastic forum....it wouldn't be the forum it is without guys like you, FB ....! It's their loss and our gain :wink:

x-pack

Grand Master
What absolute twaddle!

And the 'county of origin' :| how about i knock out some fake Ree-Yees and stick LANCS on the leg :lol:

HothJim

Padawan
From the point of view of a newbie collector......

Who the hell wants these repro Snags, Yaks and boxes? My concern is the sustainability of the vintage hobby. Can people not see that adding to this demand floods the market with shite?

I see some fella is selling CDs (!) on Ebay that help you spot a fake Jawa. Surely this information is widely available?

With regards Chico's original post, I can understand as a new collector myself an element of caution but the facts are out there and obtainable, if you just ask!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom