Repro carded figure with repro AFA sticker - SCARY!!

itfciain

Grand Master
Am sure if this was reported to AFA then they could approach eBay about removing this listing

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
But surely buying graded means you can be 100% sure the item is original/correctly and consistently graded/not a toy toni.

AFA need to look at this. As much as I don't like AFA, if I ran a business and someone was ripping my products off on ebay, I would want them to stop.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Wow this is annoying, items like that should be destroyed, They have no purpose, but to Con someone down the line.

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
It is very worrying when this sort of thing pops up.It also says in the listing that it was bought a couple of years ago.Does anyone know if the AFA sticker is a direct rip off of one that is actually legitimate or is it just a made up serial number?

plantman

Sith Lord
does the reference umber check out? be worth buyig this and getting it reported as a fake, then get a refund and send him the pics of you burning it :twisted:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
The reference number doesnt match up.

Also he says its fake in his listing about the moc and serial number, but who knows what the next buyer does with it.

plantman

Sith Lord
Stargeezer said:
The reference number doesnt match up.

Also he says its fake in his listing about the moc and serial number, but who knows what the next buyer does with it.

in theory though you could still buy this and report as a fake, get steve at UKG to verify it and ebay would ask you to destroy it lol....

do a nice youtube video of its destruction

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
That's terrible :evil:
Surely there is countless copyright infringements with something like that?
Shame to see, but nothing surprising really as scammers try and milk the cash cow now that is Vintage Star Wars!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That is a scarily good fake though.

At least the guy is honest about it in his listing. God knows enough people out there would flog it as genuine and hope to get a newbie who didn't know to check the serial number at AFA

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
weasel said:
That is a scarily good fake though.

At least the guy is honest about it in his listing. God knows enough people out there would flog it as genuine and hope to get a newbie who didn't know to check the serial number at AFA

The next seller will for sure.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:eek: No shiny AFA foil sticker on side of case which is a giveaway. Don't see the point in this at all the effort the seller has put into it is not worth what he's going to get. Would be better of picking spuds for a living. :lol:

Namelesswarrior

Padawan
I do see a problem with this figure. Are we all forgetting THE FRAME SHOP from Spain selling recarded figures for years on eBay.... I'm going to bid on it I think it looks amazing!

x-pack

Grand Master
Even though I posted on here saying that I reported the sale to Ebay the seller has obviously come onto the forum for a look and thinks I am someone else :roll: Apologies if the seller happens to be a member and someone gets a snotty PM from this guy. I don't believe a regular user of the forum would sell crap like this anyway. Send them my way. They can message me all day long.

This is part of the reply I got -

"Hi, I do understand what u are on about but I brought this figure from eBay. So do u message the blister sisters every time they list figures..."

Apparently the Blister Sisters are an Ebay seller. Never heard of 'em :?

x-pack

Grand Master
Namelesswarrior said:
I do see a problem with this figure. Are we all forgetting THE FRAME SHOP from Spain selling recarded figures for years on eBay.... I'm going to bid on it I think it looks amazing!

You do or you don't see a problem? I would love to say that there is no wrong answer, but to most there is definitely a wrong answer.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Namelesswarrior said:

Once..again ...I hope you are joking. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom