Howdy from Sunny Devon

Carus007

Padawan
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to the forum here,

Looks alike I have alot of reading ahead! Lol

Well I have recently decided to starting collecting Star Wars figures,

My name is Russ 33 and I live down in sunny Devon, Paignton to be precise,

At the moment I have nothing in the collection but thats how we all started off hey,

Any advise on collecting the 12 backs would be great as this is going to be my first project,

Russ

Carus007

Padawan
jabbawokkie said:
Start saving and only by of recommended sellers.loads of fake stuff floating about.
Welcome to swfuk
John

Apart from this site, can you recommend any where else to buy from?

Ebay looks very dodgey to me alot of recarding.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Carus007 said:
jabbawokkie said:
Start saving and only by of recommended sellers.loads of fake stuff floating about.
Welcome to swfuk
John

Welcome aboard

Take 5 mins out to introduce your arrival mate
:
Introduce yourself

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3797

FS thread

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4

You can't go wrong with the FS thread on here, and also the man to go to Iain on here username "itfciain"

You will always get bona fide original SW, that you can trust, you will get fair prices ( not like the ridiculous ebay pieces), and you will also by joining this forum have access to a wealth of experience, fantastic advice and support, as you commence your journey...not to mention the friendly banter and entertainment along the way...

Superb forum, great guys :D

Good luck :wink:

Carus007

Padawan
Michael Sith said:
Carus007 said:
jabbawokkie said:
Welcome to swfuk
John

Welcome aboard

Take 5 mins out to introduce your arrival mate
:
Introduce yourself

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3797

FS thread

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=4

You can't go wrong with the FS thread on here, and also the man to go to Iain on here username "itfciain"

You will always get bona fide original SW, that you can trust, you will get fair prices ( not like the ridiculous ebay pieces), and you will also by joining this forum have access to a wealth of experience, fantastic advice and support, as you commence your journey...not to mention the friendly banter and entertainment along the way...

Superb forum, great guys :D

Good luck :wink:

Will be looking out on this site for sure, Nice to have a place with so much information.

I just cannot wait for the 1st figure now, Lol like a kid at xmas.

How much do you 12 back start from?

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome, from Glorious Oxford.
Good advice from Michael. Further to his purchase tips I'd be happy to recommend any of our seasoned sellers. Iain is clearly the primary seller but there will be plenty others you can also trust in the sales pages.
Have a look at the events threads
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20563

The above link will take you to the most popular forum meet up which isn't an insurmountable journey for you from Paignton.
Loads of sellers (including Iain), a great opportunity for you.
12 Backs eh, you aren't making it easy for yourself are you :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Welcome buddy

You've come to the right (and may I say the very best) place to get your collecting up and running.

This forum is full of the most knowledgable and friendly members you could wish to come across and every single transaction I've ever made on this forum has been spot on.

Be sure to stay and get involved on every thread.

A week on Sunday is farthest from in fordingbridge and you're in the most ideal location to join us all, look it up in the events section. Get yourself along, I'm sure you'll find some cracking vintage pieces to get yourself underway.

(Cheeky plug), also be sure to check out the forums podcast where we cover forum threads and talk purely vintage Star Wars at www.swfukpodcast.podbean.com or search SWFUK on iTunes.

Enjoy your stay

You've come to the right place

And welcome

Stuart x x

theslider

Sith Lord
All 12 backs are pricey, but Kenner ones will be cheaper than Palitoy (not by much mind!)

Think about how much you can afford to spend and how long you want to achieve your goal. For a lot of us on here it's all about the chase and picking up items you've been hunting down.

Bollux

Grand Master
Welcome, thanks for doing the right thing and actually bothering to introduce yourself.

you after carded or loose figures?

Carus007

Padawan
Bollux said:
Welcome, thanks for doing the right thing and actually bothering to introduce yourself.

you after carded or loose figures?

Looking for carded.

ROTJ Seems to be very good price wise.

May have to start off with them and build up.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Welcome to the Forum Russ. You have certainly come to the right place. If you come across any 12 backs and arent sure of their validity ask the guys on here, Good luck :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Take your time :wink: avail yourself of the advice on this forum, decide on a budget and what run you want and stick to it, or you will go off on tangents.

Loads of advice and previous threads on this forum...and has been said, if your wary or not sure...just ask you'll get all the advice you will need :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
Hello, I'm Iain and I sell Vintage Star Wars :lol:

As above - this is a great place to learn and discuss all things vintage - if you are looking for carded then I would start with the ROTJs - you can pick up loads of them for under £40.00 and that way you can learn about what to look out for without getting stung

As Liam says, if you do come across anything you fancy then feel free to ask questions on here and you will get plenty of advice

Best thing to do is just enjoy yourself and don't rush with your purchases

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom