Most battered rare figure?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Following on from another thread, I've seen lots of beaters over the years, but they are usually fairly common figures. Have you ever seen an incredibly rare MOC that's completely buggered? Or maybe a MISB vehicle? I'm talking actual beaters, not an AFA 75! Photos are essential :)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
mtGjEwGElFkTXr0cR8GS-1Q_zps27849e4f.jpg

theslider

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
i seem to remember someone on here with a wrecked rebel commander, all warped burnt looking and flaking???

Wasn't that one of djbighair's water damaged cards? I remember someone on the foru bought one of them and didn't do too bad a job of cleaning it up.

poncho

Grand Master
theslider said:
pizzathehutt said:
i seem to remember someone on here with a wrecked rebel commander, all warped burnt looking and flaking???

Wasn't that one of djbighair's water damaged cards? I remember someone on the foru bought one of them and didn't do too bad a job of cleaning it up.
that ste was me...my god it was a mess. flaking, smelly, full of gunk, and warped too hell. its still sealed now flat footer shook back into place and now displays nicely..

from my old ponchos botch job repair shop thread............

well the rebel commander water damaged and warped moc has been given some bashing, flattening, heating, cleaning fixing, and overall some tlc. well hes still in his sealed state and im pleased to say and overall in happy with the outcome and is now in a starcase and apart of budget moc run display. the below and after results! ugrade i think not :p

warping fix
cardback1_zps11a67d82.jpg

cardback2_zps845e1d11.jpg

cardback3_zpsdb882179.jpg

bubble gunk clean
bubble_zpsa20dd62f.jpg

overall before and after
esbrebelcommando_zps8c333590.jpg

december 2013 revisit
P1020712_zps7633706e.jpg

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow- that's amazing- non sonic welded MOC- brilliant :D

How could AFA score the figure 20? Pulling it out of their arse. :roll:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
The Luke is literally one of the favourite things I've seen on the forum, might be graded 30, but I would have that over a bog standard 80 grade (actually any graded tomb) any day just down to its individuality... excuse my ignorance, but are there many/any others like this out there?

sparkysx

Sith Lord
That is awesome, very rare why did it only get a 30? a non sonic welded Luke x wing on what looks like a mint card with good bubble?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That's fantastic :shock: How could the Luke grade a 20, it's not damaged is it, just hasn't been assembled right?
What a piece for a collector of the unusual 8) 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom