Episode 3 best star wars film.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm hard core vintage Star Wars through and through but if I ever met George Lucas I would thank him for episode 3. Injoy watching it as much as any other Star Wars film. Ha, Ha. I'm not looking for an arguement just have a problem with episode 3 being put in the same bracket as first 2 prequels. :arrow: Episode 3 is the best Star Wars film. :lol:

SOJ

Sith Lord
Best of prequels, without doubt.

Best Star Wars film? Can't agree with you there. There are 3 completly awesome Star Wars movies that tower over the prequels.

I'd rather the prequels hadn't happened. Darth Vader was a complete bad ass until wingeing Anakin diluted that,

And don't get me started on Padme dying of a broken heart.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with your opinion on Anakin in Episode 3. But this is my exact point the prequels are an oposite of the superb origional trilogy. Luke is a wingeing soft ass and diluted what should have been the hero part. Episode 3 is everything George Lucas ever wanted in a film.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
theforceuk - you gotta be kidding :eek:

If I ever met GL I would squarely kick him in the balls and say"that's for the prequels"
Likewise Rick Mccallum deserves similar for not having the balls to say "no" to GL whenever he asked his opinion regarding directing/editing or wonderful cgi shitfest special effects.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Intergalactic trades etc ....weak humour (JJB)....classic heroes....rom com dialogue (anakin and Padme....as opposed to the Han/leia interaction....no contest)

Learn from this and the new films will be great.

ROTS...was dark...and by far the best of the prequels but far too weak and dragged out.

Lets get back to some cheesy lines " laugh it up furball"...." That's no moon" "Nooooooo" good old fashioned heroes and villains, less cgi, and good scripting through a great storyline and we will all be happy

:D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I started watching it tonight on ITV. I gave up when I was reminded that they couldn't even make R2-D2 move about like a physical object might move about. Utterly distracting, I had to call it a day.

theslider

Sith Lord
theforceuk you need to watch this classic deconstruction of ROTS (you'll get use to the voice)

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

All of the reviews are essential watching for anyone who thinks the prequels were any good (the character bit in the Phantom Menance review is brilliant).

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not bad thought I was gonna get kicked of the forum or something like that for posting this.

CGI or Matt paintings?

Rubber puppet Yoda looks so much better and realistic than CGI Yoda.
The script in A new hope and Jedi are as bad as Episode 3 you were just a childe when you first watched them so you have a different perception.

I can't see past ESB as the best Star Wars film but the problem is I've watched it to many times so prefer to watch Episode 3 now. As for the whole R2 arguement. It's a science fiction film about people who fly across a galaxy in minutes. But R2 can't fly because he didn't do it in the first 3 films.

Return of the Jedi is where GL first started to lose it if you ask me.

PGowdy

Grand Master
theslider said:
theforceuk you need to watch this classic deconstruction of ROTS (you'll get use to the voice)

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

All of the reviews are essential watching for anyone who thinks the prequels were any good (the character bit in the Phantom Menance review is brilliant).

Yes, these are bang on.
Ep III is certainly better thank the god-awful Ep II but saying it compares to the originals is like saying Beyonce makes better music than The Beatles. Just nonsense.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I never compare the originals to the new films. I treat the new films on their own merits or lack of. EP3 was the best compared to the other two. Most newly produced films lack the luster of films made 20 or 30 years ago due to CGI, Glitz or just lack of acting abilities.

EP2 was a piece of **** on many levels for a movie and this is in comparison to all movies made in the world not just Star Wars.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Have to confess, my feelings for ROTS went up a few notches after watching it last night, maybe because I hadn't seen it in a while. It has some good moments, but also many more bad moments.
But well done ITV for your 'Star Wars Saturdays', although I'm puzzled why they are on quite late, surely afternoons would be more suitable?
Anyway the good films start next week!

x-pack

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
theslider said:

Yes, these are bang on.
Ep III is certainly better thank the god-awful Ep II but saying it compares to the originals is like saying Beyonce makes better music than The Beatles. Just nonsense.

Actually I feel it's like saying that Paul McCartney makes better music than the Beatles. Now that is nonsense.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Everyone is intitled to there opinion and mine is clearly a minority. Whatever people say critics fellow collectors and whoever else I think episode 3 stands up to the originals and the last hour is epic. I'm worried about the new one as well could be 2 hours of trying to recapture the original trilogy which is impossible in my crazy episode 3 head.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Poor cast throughout.
Poor reverse continuity - how could they **** that up.

And the worst part - wookies making Tarzan noises when swinging. So cringeworthy.

Aside from those, it's the best of a bad bunch.

I tell myself it's EU when I watch it.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Nick, hate to break it to you but Chewie does the Tarzan sound when boarding the AT ST in Jedi

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I choose to completely ignore the prequels - absolutely refuse to let it mess up Star Wars in any way

The force is still a mystical energy field not a freaking STD

Vader is still a scary bad ass and the Emperor doesn't jump around like a panto dame on heat

Anakin Skywalker is the old man we see underneath Vader's mask not a greetin faced sulky bugger

R2D2 is real not a cartoon

The OT feels like it is set in a huge universe - prequels feels very small. Everyone is related and Vader made 3PO - are you f*ckin kiddin me!!!

And my personal favourite, for me the most iconic scene where Ben gives Luke his "fathers lightsaber" they only go and make cosmetic changes to the saber covering it in gold bling so doesn't look like the one Ben hands over :evil: :evil: :evil:

Prequels are soulless cgi **** fests and I really, really don't like them.

Lets talk about the special additions of SW, ESB and ROTJ so I can really start swearing and cursing :x

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Wow, wow, wow. Take it easy I really wish I could talk about this face to face. Star Wars has always been about breaking the boundries of film making technology and making money. Now it's only about making money. As I said before I'm hardcore origional triology fan but I enjoy the prequals thats all. My opinion is errelevant. :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's only a healthy internet prequel rant/vent :D

Did I mention I hate the prequels :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom