What's in the box?

A

Anonymous

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to figure out what is in a mail away box I have in my collection for a while now. And some big news this week, it's going to be x-rayed :D

http://youtu.be/ClmdQOhXaMo

I have been chatting to a guy at the Collectors gazette of great Britain, and he has a contact at Nottingham University.

So it's now on it's way to be x-rayed. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Does anyone know if this has been done before?

Cheers

Dave

PGowdy

Grand Master
1371314812211_zps7347e85e.png

spoons

Grand Master
very interesting to see this, particularly in light of the Revenge mini rigs

My money is on the Emperor :mrgreen:

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
If it's an Emperor there is a possibility this is an First shot Emperor, i remember those came out of unshipped mailer boxes when they where initially found. So now i wonder, would you be able to see the COO on the X-Ray if its an emperor figure? :p

spoons

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:
If it's an Emperor there is a possibility this is an First shot Emperor, i remember those came out of unshipped mailer boxes when they where initially found. So now i wonder, would you be able to see the COO on the X-Ray if its an emperor figure? :p

I reckon you would - we've an X-ray at work and its all a case of adjusting exposure to target what you are looking for

Section 8

Sith Lord
Another way to find out who it is would be to weigh the box. Emperor would be one of the heavier figures so could be fairly obvious if its him.

Surely all the figures have different weights if measured accurately enough. Easy to find the weight of an empty box as there should be loads around.

I've no idea about mail away's but I'm gonna have a pop at Bossk.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It's a flip up between 4 figures IMO due to the size of the box, Emperor / Rancor Keeper /Dengar or Anakin, its a palitoy overstock box, most likely either the Emperor or Anakin, but if it turns out to be a Dengar, please keep me in mind if you decide to sell as I have been after him for a very long time as it was the only mail away figure I got as a kid & is IMO the toughest of all mailers to locate.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

The weighing tip is a spark of genius & should give you the answer without the need of the X-Ray, but really looking forward to seeing the x ray pic's 8)

walkie

Sith Lord
I wonder if the previous owner used some of your YouTube tips and touched up the paint/decals before craftily resealing it, LOL!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

It's being talked about on Radio Nottingham tomorrow morning, and it will be scanned by Nottingham university on the 15th Oct. This is all being done for free by Notts Uni to promote there new x-ray scanning service. So they are going all out on the PR front.

Cheers

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom