Star Wars bedroom ware quandary.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
It probably sounds a bit funny while other people were eyeing up Jason's new shelves, I've been admiring his curtain. http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22306

Like most children, I only had one set of curtains at a time, so the possibility of collecting different sets was zero. I had the light blue Star Wars curtains that were shipped into the U.K by American manufacturer "Bibb Company. " Jason's curtains are of a different dark blue style and are by a British manufacturer.

I checked out my ESB and ROTJ curtains and found that the copyright details are very difficult to spot. On the ESB curtains the copyright is printed faintly below R2-D2's feet "Black Falcon LTD. 20th Century Fox Corp." The ROTJ curtains are marked on the reverse at the top "HM Lucasfilms LTD 1982".

There was another ROTJ bed set that I don't own which was printed against a red background.

It would be very interesting if people could spot manufacturer details on the dark blue British produced Star Wars bed ware set or the red ROTJ one.

Craig.

Attachments

• bedding2.jpg
    bedding2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 941
  • bedding3.jpg
    bedding3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 940
  • bedding5.jpg
    bedding5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 935
  • bedding10.jpg
    bedding10.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 948
  • bedding6.jpg
    bedding6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 943

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Someone going to raise the curtain on this thread? Poor Craig is in the dark here. :lol: :? :roll:

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I'm not doing too badly on this one, considering that there's zero information out there on the U.K bedding. I know which company produced the dark blue Star Wars set but I don't know the year of production or if it was Black Falcon copyright or not.

I know the year and the manufacturer of the brown Return of the Jedi set. It's the red ROTJ set that's a mystery to me.

Craig.

spoons

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Someone going to raise the curtain on this thread? Poor Craig is in the dark here. :lol: :? :roll:

Groan :lol:

I've got the dark blue curtain too but no idea on the bedding

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I had that ROTJ bedding but not sure if I still have it - might be in the loft - I'll try to take a look soon.

I also used to have a Star Wars quilt that zipped up into a sleeping bag. I'll see if I can find that too - might have to speak to my Mum and see if any of this is still at their place.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Me too. The light blue set was by the Bibb Company in the states, perhaps repackaged by a U.K distributor. The one in the picture us from America. "Mervyn's" is a now defunct American store chain.

Lom – A Star Wars quilt that zipped up into a sleeping bag? What kind of Star Wars bed ware nirvana is this?

Craig.

Attachments

• starwarsbedsheet.jpg
    starwarsbedsheet.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 856
  • starwarsbedsheet2.jpg
    starwarsbedsheet2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 855

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Found the bedware and here's a few snaps..... If you need anymore details or photos please let me know what you need.

The brown ROTJ set

P1000695_zpscb01f2d7.jpg

The red ROTJ set dated 1983

P1000693_zpse4c7291f.jpg

Label absolutely no use

P1000690_zps42c47c07.jpg

Original Star Wars set - still my favourite by a mile - pillowcases are dark blue

P1000697_zpse67e43e0.jpg

Star Wars quilt - no manufacturer details anywhere

P1000683_zpsb85e5eac.jpg

The above zipped up as a sleeping bag and partially opened to show inside

P1000689_zps081f386c.jpg

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Those are fantastic pictures. Your Star Wars pillow case and quilt match the design of Jason's curtains http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22306 The quilt is an extremely nice item that I've never seen before. I take it that the light blue item is a sheet?

Did you receive this set packaged up? I know that it was probably this manufacturer that included a cardboard sheet full of cut-out characters.
I also found a picture of a Star Wars blanket in the same style at http://originalstarwars.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/star-wars-bed-cover-and-pillows.html

Interesting that you have Return of the Jedi items of the brown and red styles. My brown set is made up of curtains and a duvet cover of the same pattern (the pillow case has gone missing). Did you receive your ROTJ set new? It could be that the manufacturer was mixing together the brown and red styles in one set.

The plot thickens!

Craig.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
At least one catalogue company was offering a mix and match Star Wars bedroom ware set. The duvet cover is American but the rest seems to be from Britain.

If you're going to go sleep in your Star Wars bed, don't forget your Star Wars pyjamas.

Craig.

Attachments

• bedding12.jpg
    bedding12.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 802
  • bedding11.jpg
    bedding11.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 808

Aliencouture

Youngling
Great. the HM Company that produced the brown and red duvet's in the UK is Heyjax Manufacturing Company limited. Image of sticker with info below. They also made the Ewoks comics fabric. The thing is that I can't find out any information on the company at all. You would think there would be something online but I've had no luck so wondered if you had found any info over the years?

It's important because I have a VERY juicy item! A prototype Revenge of the Jedi fabric made by this company but never put into production.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7eiPmLz

lejackal

Grand Master
Aliencouture said:
Great. the HM Company that produced the brown and red duvet's in the UK is Heyjax Manufacturing Company limited. Image of sticker with info below. They also made the Ewoks comics fabric. The thing is that I can't find out any information on the company at all. You would think there would be something online but I've had no luck so wondered if you had found any info over the years?

It's important because I have a VERY juicy item! A prototype Revenge of the Jedi fabric made by this company but never put into production.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7eiPmLz
Pictures of the Revenge fabric would be awesome!

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
I dug out these bad boys. i could have sworn they came from Marks and Spencer.
I'll fish out my Blue Empire and White Jedi duvet covers and see what information they had on them.

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.14.png

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 22.03.21.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom