How Much Did You Have As a Kid?

Grand Moff

Youngling
I hope this is the proper section for this thread.

I guess alot of people like myself got the toys as a kid.

So How much did you have?

I had all the figures except a few Ewoks... Not including variant figures and variant cardbacks ofcourse.

Then I had the Rancor, The Wampa, The Ewok Fortress, a TaunTuan and some of the smaller vehicles.
The somewhat larger vehicles I had were Tie Interceptor, Y Wing, X Wing, AT-ST and AT-AT.

I also had that spaceship that you could seperate in two, with a grey insert you you could place the figures in, it had kinda like a black handle on top. I have no idea what it was called but I played alot with it.

I never gort the Millenium Falcon or Jabba's Sailbarge. I realy wanted those but they were too expensive and never got on sale.
The Ewok fortress was on sale and it was almost my birthday so there was this big box on top of the closet in my moms bedroom, I was sure it was the Ewok Fortress based on the size of the box and it was!

Richard_H

Grand Master
I had a lot of SW and ESB figures. Some of the ROTJ. None last 17.
Had the Falcon and DV Tie. Possibly the X-wing and cloud car but not sure.
Had the Vader carry case, speeder bike and a AT-ST.

Think that was the lot.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Good question. I had about 60% of figure's, hardly any first 21 or last 17. But did well with vehicles and playsets and still got it all. :D

I had AT-AT, Rancore, Speeder Bike, Falcon, Snowspeeder, AT-ST, Tie Interceptor, B-Wing, Y-Wing, Rebel Transporter, Slave 1, Ewok glider, Ewok Catapult and a load of Mini Rigs.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
had most of the figures and a LOT of Stormies (about 40 at one point!)

Used to buy/sell figures at school during break time so built my collection that way.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Me and the Mumbo done alright considering Mum was skint. Pressies from Grandad supplied a Falon and AT AT Walker, we seemed to do alright at Christmas though :wink:

We had lots of figures but we abused them. Most of it was in a sorry state, our Rebel Transporter went a bit mouldy, bow legged Scout Walker, toothless Rancor, gunless xwing all disrespectfully left in the garden on summer nights.

Still got the vehicles but the figures all got given away. A few last 17 in there but only Wally survived :mrgreen:

Everyone else seemed to have more than us but looking back we done alright :D

Oh nearly forgot Mumbos imaginary Double Telescoping Vaders and Kenobis :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
I had a Klaatu and a AST-5 which my aunt bought new - they were the only figures that we got off the shelves that I can remember - we did pick bits up from jumble sales (I remember paying 50p for an X-Wing)

Most of my Star Wars experience was at a friends house as he had all the figures and loads of the ships - great times

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
I had a Klaatu and a AST-5 which my aunt bought new - they were the only figures that we got off the shelves that I can remember - we did pick bits up from jumble sales (I remember paying 50p for an X-Wing)

Most of my Star Wars experience was at a friends house as he had all the figures and loads of the ships - great times

I wonder if that triggered an adult Iain to buy up all the Vintage Star Wars there was in Norwich??

Hope you have settled in ok mate :D

itfciain

Grand Master
Yep - all my mums fault - if only she'd bought me a few more bits of plastic !

Settling down - lots more to do though

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Between us my brother and I had about 70% of the figures, though we stopped before the last 17 were released (my last figure was Wicket and he was the only one I bought from that wave).

In terms of vehicles & playsets we had:
Me: DV Tie Fighter; Millennium Falcon; Star Destroyer playset; Snowspeeder; Slave 1; Twin Pod Cloud Car; INT4; Speeder Bike; Ewok glider.
Brother: Palitoy Landspeeder; Palitoy Land of the Jawas; X-Wing; Rebel Transport; Tauntaun; AST5; Ewok glider.

We also had a die-cast Tie Fighter each, and I had the die-cast Slave 1.

Typing this list has made me realise we actually had a lot of stuff! Most of the vehicles were bought for birthdays & Christmas from 1979 to 1984, though I was better at saving up for things than my brother! :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
bought for me at the time i had:

jabba playset
speeder bike
that box that chewy has all the spanners in
leia boussh
han hoth
klaatu
weequay
chief chirpa
teebo
nikto

luckily for me around the time my dad was collecting vintage hot water bottles so he took me to loads of carboot sales and antique fairs and i managed to pick up most of the figures on the back of my weequay cardback (didnt know of the blue snag, vinyl jawa or last 17) was also missing star destroyer commander and bespin guard. i also managed to pick up at a carboot anakin, lando general, romba, r2 pop up just from guess work. and then i also got a falcon and a snowspeeder.

all of that went up in the loft about 1990ish not to be touched until 1999 and then i started collecting again

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Grand Moff said:
I hope this is the proper section for this thread.

I guess alot of people like myself got the toys as a kid.

So How much did you have?

I had all the figures except a few Ewoks... Not including variant figures and variant cardbacks ofcourse.

Then I had the Rancor, The Wampa, The Ewok Fortress, a TaunTuan and some of the smaller vehicles.
The somewhat larger vehicles I had were Tie Interceptor, Y Wing, X Wing, AT-ST and AT-AT.

I also had that spaceship that you could seperate in two, with a grey insert you you could place the figures in, it had kinda like a black handle on top. I have no idea what it was called but I played alot with it.

I never gort the Millenium Falcon or Jabba's Sailbarge. I realy wanted those but they were too expensive and never got on sale.
The Ewok fortress was on sale and it was almost my birthday so there was this big box on top of the closet in my moms bedroom, I was sure it was the Ewok Fortress based on the size of the box and it was!

Think ur talking about the Rebel Transport, v Kool figure carrier 8)

I actually only rem owning the AT-AT, Snowspeeder ,Jabba The Hut and a couple of mini rigs as a kid along with around 40 figures :roll: However between myself and my friends we pretty much had it all 8) :D

plantman

Sith Lord
i had sod all until my cousins gave me all of their star wars stuff, at-at, palitoy death star set, scout walker, mini rigs and hundreds of figures :)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
plantman said:
i had sod all until my cousins gave me all of their star wars stuff, at-at, palitoy death star set, scout walker, mini rigs and hundreds of figures :)
Bet they're kicking themselves now!

plantman

Sith Lord
Lom said:
plantman said:

Nah they were mega rich and moved on, they dont even remember probably lol :)

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was soooooo lucky; I had loads of stuff - spoilt rotten you might say! The benefits of being an only child with very generous parents who'd go without so that I didn't - I'm doing my best to pay them back now though!

I have always had a huge amount of respect for the toys, so much so that's still in good nick and boxed. I still have every single bit of my childhood collection today, it really has given me a lot of happiness to rediscover it recently!

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
plantman said:
Lom said:
plantman said:

Nah they were mega rich and moved on, they dont even remember probably lol :)
Actually, I got a nice gift from my cousins too although I didn't really appreciate how nice it was at the time! They bought me a Squid Head but I already had one so I put him away and now, 30 years later, I find that I have a cheeky little MOC! So thanks guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom