Moving collecting habits

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Due to vintage Star Wars becoming so expensive has anyone else started to collect other more affordable lines ?
What else have you started collecting ?
I have recently started collecting The Walking Dead figures.
Any thoughts or input appreciated.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm just collecting less, save up for a while spend it then go again. The price rise has made it harder which is a good thing in some way's. :?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It's all about the vintage Star Wars for me but I do collect a bit of modern Star Wars. Only figures/characters from the original films/trilogy, Saga 06 and 30th anniversary mostly. I like modern figures for their detail and crisp packaging but for me they are never going to have the magic and retro feel of vintage. I started a thread in the modern collecting section about modern likes and dislikes. It's definitely a way to collect on more of a budget, vintage has got pricey, especially for MOC's.
Andy

plantman

Sith Lord
I did the same, i started picking up smaller sw items and started collecting other vintage lines that i loved as a kid.

I never stopped collecting sw i just put it on slow down, ive completed my visionaries run, got some terrahawks, jayce and the wheeled warriors, thundercats, sectaurs and a few others.

I also collect walking dead (as you know) as i bloody love the series :)

x-pack

Grand Master
Picked up a couple of early Action Force pieces recently. Also just scored my first Indiana Jones playset - no mean feet considering they are rare as hens teeth :)

Still love Star Wars but have pretty much everything I set out to collect

Robstyley

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Picked up a couple of early Action Force pieces recently. Also just scored my first Indiana Jones playset - no mean feet considering they are rare as hens teeth :)

I'm intrigued by the Indiana Jones playset, saw you mention it in another thread. Would love to see a picture, never seen one! I'm a big Indy fan but I haven't got any toys/figures. Got a few props.
Andy

grinchy

Sith Lord
i'm still on the hunt for last seventeen figures for my vintage collection, and the odd moc here and there, i also collect modern, but i'm running out of space fast, the modern stuff has come on leaps and bounds compared to our vintage line, but vintage is still my favourite.
other lines i'd like to collect are motu, terrahawks and some of the thundercats line,basically any eighties goodies but as i said space is an issue

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
vintage SW is the main theme and will continue for ever!

Have dabbled in
THUNDERCATS, MOTU, turtles, ghostbusters

With my lad joint collecting, but for me SW vintage can't be beaten :D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I collect many other vintage lines (Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Six Million Dollar Man. Evel Knievel, and a few others), So It is not hard for me to shift back and forth. SW is my first love and I collect so many vintage related SW items...deals can still be had.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm pretty much along the same lines as TFB with collecting many different things. Just picked up blaster transformers and some small mego Star Trek figures. I tend to go for figures the same scale as the classic Star Wars ones and like to have a few from each vintage line (expect for my 8" mego ones which I have a full set of fist fighters except for one). I've also got into getting some of the retro style figures that reaction/funko have been putting out. Mainly film based ones like Alien, Terminator and escape from New York. I think they look pretty cool and it's a sort of 'what if' range.

I always keep an eye on Star Wars but feel I maybe pretty much at the end of my collecting goals with it. Saying that though my son is really interested in it now so I've been getting some modern for him to play with as well as the first 12 that i gave to him recently. It's really fun to see him enjoying them and gives me an excuse to buy him some items I never had growing up.

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Interesting no-one has mentioned Vintage Transformers I thought they were very popular. I guess they are expensive to now.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm surprised about that too - just found my Gen 1 Transformers in the loft and they're bloody good toys. Mind you, haven't got a clue as to their availability or cost these days.

x-pack

Grand Master
Robstyley said:
x-pack said:

I'm intrigued by the Indiana Jones playset, saw you mention it in another thread. Would love to see a picture, never seen one! I'm a big Indy fan but I haven't got any toys/figures. Got a few props.
Andy

I'll get a few photos up in the 'other vintage collections' thread over the weekend. The playsets are the same scale as Star Wars and made by Kenner. Some really nice items and I like the packaging artwork. Don't think the early Raiders stuff was released in the UK

x-pack

Grand Master
Palifan said:
I always keep an eye on Star Wars but feel I maybe pretty much at the end of my collecting goals with it. Saying that though my son is really interested in it now so I've been getting some modern for him to play with as well as the first 12 that i gave to him recently. It's really fun to see him enjoying them and gives me an excuse to buy him some items I never had growing up.

Ian

Same here! Our young lad loves Star Wars and the modern figures. He plays with them all the time. Takes them in the bath and stuff. It's nice to see kids still playing with toys and not just iPads and mobile phones.

chazb73

Sith Lord
As a few of you may know I collect Bond stuff also. That's just as bloody dear!! :lol:

Dabbled a little in The A-Team and fancy the original CORGI Kojak BUICK in it's box.

Always come back to vintage SW though :D

A

Anonymous

I have recently started picking up Fisher Price adventure people. They are really lovely figures and no one seems that interested in them. There is only about 70 of the figures in total, plus a fair few ships. So far I am just sticking to the figures. None of them come with any accessories, which makes them easy to find complete :) I have about 45 so far, and mostly they cost £1 each. I even have some carded, and a nice carded figure will set you back as little as £5.

Well worth checking out in my eyes. Nice simple figures and some great artwork on the cards.

Dave

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Have been collecting both moc and card backs since I started collecting. Now I only collect card backs and some of them are getting pricy. If I started collecting now, I'd never be able to collect the first 20 palitoy moc, they are just way out of the price range I can afford or justify spending the money on. When I was collecting these in 2007 I had a much better paid job and even then £500 a card seemed an awful lot to pay.

Jason

chazb73

Sith Lord
moosinthehoos said:
I have recently started picking up Fisher Price adventure people. They are really lovely figures and no one seems that interested in them. There is only about 70 of the figures in total, plus a fair few ships. So far I am just sticking to the figures. None of them come with any accessories, which makes them easy to find complete :) I have about 45 so far, and mostly they cost £1 each. I even have some carded, and a nice carded figure will set you back as little as £5.

Well worth checking out in my eyes. Nice simple figures and some great artwork on the cards.

Dave

I've spotted them a few times and thought about buying a few times.

I love the robot one - he came in a lot I bought for my son

Will keep my eyes peeles me thinks - great post buddy :)

A

Anonymous

They are great figures. I love the way they just re-use so many of the molds across the figure line. You see the same head re-used with just a slight paint change, or arms cut and pasted. These figures seem a bit ahead of there time. They also don't have any sort of back story, you just got a wave of space ones, or a wave of sea based ones. They are toys that are meant to be played with, and you make up whatever story you want. But I guess that is what fisher price is all about. Creativity.

Cheers

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom