Ever brought something before reading the full description??

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Stitch up. :x Never mind I have bid on something without reading description properly but then got out bid, which was lucky. What have you brought :?:

walkie

Sith Lord
don't tell me you thought it was a lightsaber but it has a pair of rabbits ears on it and buzzes?

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I always wondered what sort of person does this, apparently its very common on the Bay.

Naughty boy Fuzzy :lol:

Hope you haven't suffered too much mate.

itfciain

Grand Master
I did it the other day - bought an AFA85 Leai Boushh and then read that the staff had gone through the bubble- offered the buyer the chance to cover his fees if he canceled and luckily for me he did (still cost me $12!)

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Same as you Iain except this time a DSC 12 Back who has burst through its bubble :(

Might try to offer fees and see if that works. Good shout.

Ps, I don't get 'the wife' joke?? :-/

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No way, I had a look at that one. I thought that looks cheap. If I had been selling it would have put that it's damaged on the title.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well I tend to b that annoying Ebayer and ask loads of questions b4 I bid so no haven't been caught out yet :roll:

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
No way, I had a look at that one. I thought that looks cheap. If I had been selling it would hace put that it's damaged on the title.

Totally my bad.

I need to become that question upon question buyer. I used to before Facebook Groups and that approach means you miss out on everything to the Phantom PMer :)

Palifan

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Same as you Iain except this time a DSC 12 Back who has burst through its bubble :(

Might try to offer fees and see if that works. Good shout.

Ps, I don't get 'the wife' joke?? :-/

Well that didn't work :lol:

It was a crap joke for those people out there who order Thai wives from the internet……I'll get my coat.

Section 8

Sith Lord
I was once bidding on some cheap jewellery from china which you can pick up for near nothing sometimes.

I wanted to bid 80p but bid £80 by accident. The auction ended up ending at £9. :?

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
I have bid on something without reading description properly but then got out bid, which was lucky

same here outbid at last minute :D but to be honest i think most times its the way they are worded or the way the description is layed out

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Section 8 said:
I was once bidding on some cheap jewellery from china which you can pick up for near nothing sometimes.

I wanted to bid 80p but bid £80 by accident. The auction ended up ending at £9. :?

I done the same on a vintage weapon...

And Iain was the seller, I think I put in £20 instead of £2 for my highest bid :lol:

ahh the good old days bidding for blasters for tuppence...

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I bid on something a while back which after closer inspection decide was a recard. No mention of it in the description. Asked buyer to remove my bid as I had doubts whether it was genuine an they canceled my bid no problems. Kinda shows they knew it was a recard and were trying their luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom