Scammed - What next and when?

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
So here is my tale of woe.

I get chatting to this guy stateside on one of the Star Wars Facebook forums. We strike up a deal for a few hundred quids worth of vintage toys. I PayPal him (non gift thank god). A few days later he sends me the tracking number. It checks out on the USPS tracking website. Happy days.

A few days later still, a warning pops up on Facebook regarding this guy. He's scammed a few people and he's been banned. I look at his Facebook profile. He's gone. All messages from him on our chat have been removed. Luckily I kept a note of the tracking number. Check it again, still in transit.

The last transit update I have is that it left Miami in the 15th Nov. No update since.

So my question is when do I submit a resolution request to PayPal? Assume the items won't arrive and now? Or wait and submit it if the inevitable fake items/empty box arrives??

SOJ

Sith Lord
That's ****ed up mate, assuming an empty is on the way which in all likelyhood it is. What group was it in?

I think you have to wait for whatever is coming to arrive before paypal will entertain you.

Have you tried to email him using the paypal address he gave you. You'll probably draw blank but it's worth a shot.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear that man, there are some arseholes out there. What a dick! Hope you get it sorted. I would send a message/email to Paypal as a record of what's happened as well as opening a case. You should get your moola back.
Andy

itfciain

Grand Master
Mate, get the case open - someone has just opened a watch out thread on RS for the same guy

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Unlucky mate, but good call about not going down the gift route.

I know people whinge about it being a waste of money but you pretty much only have to have to run into one dickhead seller and you make back any money you've 'wasted' immediately.

Or only deal with people who you know and trust :D

Get the claim lodged anyway so you don't fall foul of the 40 (?) day rule.

Jez

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear this mate. The advice suggested so far is all good. You never know, he may well of done the right thing by you, just scam those who sent a gift.
Fingers crossed mate but there is nothing wrong with starting proceedings now.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Cheers fellas. Thing is, PayPal gives the option of opening a non delivery or bad item type dispute. If I open a non delivery thing now and the crap actually arrives, will I be able to open an 'bad item' dispute later?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Cheers fellas. Thing is, PayPal gives the option of opening a non delivery or bad item type dispute. If I open a non delivery thing now and the crap actually arrives, will I be able to open an 'bad item' dispute later?

That's bollocks mate, hope you get it sorted.

I'd email paypal then a great suggestion above about filming everything as you open it.

Really hope you get your money back, these things make me sick.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Dispute opened. Fingers crossed. Apparently I can change the status of the claim if the item arrives and its a pile of bollocks.

First Facebook purchase and my last methinks :evil:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry about this what a bad situation. But you never know the item might turn up. This guy might not scam everyone.

poncho

Grand Master
im glad i dont belong to facebook vintage groups and this confirms it for me more so not too join any.

bad luck and i hope things work out for you buddy :)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
What a horrible situation to be in Jamie! :(

This is always at the back of my mind when dealing on FB its the perfect breeding ground for scammers.

Hope it has a happy ending for you! Keep us informed

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Result. Raised a claim yesterday and just got notification today that PayPal have reimbersed me following their 'investigation'.

Super quick. Fair play to PayPal.

I guess the lesson to pass on here is always always pay non gift unless you absolutely know and trust the seller. Anyone selling who insists on gift payment, buyer beware!

Joe

Grand Master
Glad you got your money back Fuzzy!

PS: This is the bloke that tried to scam you

JASONBLAIR.jpg

:lol:

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Glad you got your money back Fuzzy!

PS: This is the bloke that tried to scam you

:lol:

Yeah, I saw that his email checked out on Facebook. Weasly looking little ****. I don't get it though. He knew I paid non gift. What did he expect me to do? Just go 'oh well you win some you lose some' and not claim? Judging by the speed of the PayPal investigation, I figure this isn't the first time either.

Feel a bit sorry for him. The food bill must be quite large each month!

psybertech

Youngling
I hope it works out for you but as a side note of shipping from Florida in the states... that state is a freaking blackhole when it comes to shipping. Almost everything I ship to or get shipped from Florida is delayed, not updated, re-routed... you name it. No other state I have dealt with is as shitty as FL. Especially if it is USPS First Class (which is very popular to ship abroad for us here)

Anyway....... tracking aside, I hope you weren't scammed or if you were, I hope you do sort it out quickly. :)

cheers!
Jay

EDIT... crap - didn't read every post!!! ... seems you got it sorted already! :)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Hi Psybertech :D

Missed your introduction to the forum but didn't miss your upgrading of the first 12 in the header, good job mate. :wink:

Welcome to SWFUK.

Also well done Fuzzy, not for getting your money back but for gaining me as a follower on Twitter :lol: :lol:

Soory, well done mate 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom