Lidy ledy leia poncho 1st shot prototype

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
:D Its finally here!! :D :D Sorry about the **** photos , they were taken with my phone. I will post some better ones at a later date.
This is the start of my leia ponch focus.
This is a test shot leia. I bought this from mexico from a relative of an ex lili ledy employee so i know its genuine.
If you notice the arms have a different mold from the final production figure.
What is most interesting is that the markings from the leg have been completley removed.
The arms and torso appear to be molded from a yellower plastic than the production figure though this may just be due to age.
I am well happy but it took allmost 2 months to arrive from mexico. I had allmost given up on it arriving.
leiafront.jpg

leiaback.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
very cool. how come it's in bits, it looks like it has the joints to be assembled?

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
very cool. how come it's in bits, it looks like it has the joints to be assembled?
It can be assembled but because it is a preproduction piece it has not been sonic welded .
I think i prefere it in its unasembled state.
So i am looking for a genuine lili ledy blaster now to finish it off.

Bollux

Grand Master
I love prototypes too, to the untrained eye they look rubbish!

To us guys that actually care about the toys they mean a lot..if it wasnt for those little troops we wouldnt have the stuff that we love now!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
I bought this from mexico from a relative of an ex lili ledy employee
Hmm, that's what they all say !! :wink:

That's a great item, what other pieces are you going to be looking for in your focus?

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
btw - its not actually a prototype. If you got it from the same seller I did, then it probably part of the big bag of parts he has and its probably just factory overstock :cry:

I'm kind of disappointed in mine - especially for the price. Fine if its a proto, but crappy for just bits that were never used.

Not sure if there is any way to prove what it actually is

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
btw - its not actually a prototype. If you got it from the same seller I did, then it probably part of the big bag of parts he has and its probably just factory overstock
It might of come from the same place as yours did.
Was the person you bought it from called ANDRES GARCIA from buenos aires?

I was a bit suspicious at first but the molds on the arms and to a slight degree the legs are very different from the production version.
Even the mold joins are in a different possition. And the fact that the markings have been removed from the leg and the legs are different colours make me think that this is a genuine first shot figure but it is probably made up from a few different pieces. I think the head is probably an unpainted factory head just to make up the figure because its the same as the production one.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Here is a close up of the arm detailing. You can really see the difference.

armsfront.jpg

That's a great item, what other pieces are you going to be looking for in your focus?
All leia endor variations carded and non carded + any other bits i find along the way.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Hi Twofoot,

I got some items from this clown Andres as well :shock:

Check out this link from Rebelscum and give it a goood read :arrow:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2217988&page=7&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2217988

I bought items from Banthapro, Shameonyou and LiliLedyguy and although I'm still pretty happy with what I got I still feel a bit ripped off.

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
Just read the thread and picked out this bit about the person i bought it from http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1898804&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post19410291898804. I am filled with confidence as no-one on rs (who are a right picky bunch of bastards!!!) is saying he is selling fakes. Most of what he is selling seems to be unpainted unassembled overstock which in itself is cool and very hard to get hold of.
I still believe this may be a first shot becasue of the missing coo on the leg and the tottally different arm sculpt.
If anyone else has items from hime it would be cool to compare pictures.

spoons

Grand Master
though there is a suggestion that he was disassembling knackered figures and removing the paint .

That thread took me 2 hours to read :(

i need to get out more

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom