Fake 12 backs

Jimi Woolley

Padawan
So now I've moved from a lurker to a poster I thought I'd ask a question that's been on my mind for months. :?

I'm not a MOC kinda guy (yet :wink: !) but over time I've picked up enough knowledge (mainly from here) to spot the obvious fakes, especially 12 Backs.

My question is this, and I'm sorry if it's obvious or has been covered a million times before:

Why don't the scumbags :evil: making the fake cards just alter (photoshop etc) the obvious tell tale signs- 3rd star, 'Ages' font & the TM allignment for example, so they are true to an original 12 back?

Jimi

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Hello mate, welcome! You will find most people selling repro carded figures (repro card & bubble) are declaring them as so. Regardless of whether the fake card is 100% accurate or not if they are trying to sell it as genuine original they are committing fraud and breaking the law. Not to mention a complete wanker. Even if the cards were completely accurate the only people they would trick would be completely clueless new collectors, most people on here could prob still tell it was fake.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Yup, even if everything was in the correct place the quality of the print, especially when in hand would still be enough to give the game away.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah if you've been handling these things since before you can remember, spotting one that was sealed last week isn't that hard. Unless it's a TT. :?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah if you've been handling these things since before you can remember, spotting one that was sealed last week isn't that hard. Unless it's a TT. :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom