Advice needed on repro cards

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hey fellas, just been tidying the man cave and have dug out 8 vintage figures sealed on repro cards/bubbles. Is it worth selling them? I dont wanna stick them on ebay as i feel dirty doing it! I had them made up years ago before i could afford the real thing and they do look nice on display so any suggestions?

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Personally I'd take the figs off the card and throw the cards, I wouldn't want any more repros out there than already are.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Woah there Neddy! I'm not gonna just give them to any old stranger mate. I was gonna pull them off the cards but seems a shame and its not as if i dont know or state they are what they are i just wondered if anyone had any ideas besides loosie them.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's a tricky one. Whilst you'd move them on with full disclosure there's obviously no guarantee that the next person would; or the one after that etc.... If they went to someone on here for example who wanted them for display purposes and you know would do the 'right thing' when they no longer wanted them then that may work but probably easier to move them on as loose.

chiffy

Sith Lord
I was thinking more along the lines of letting someones kids having them on display in their rooms rather than collectiing loose maybe? I know i couldnt afford to waste a vintage card on any of my kids, not that theyre interested in it anyways. Believe me, as a serving member on here, i am not going to let these go anywhere daft but i can see what you are saying about not knowing where they will end up. To be honest, they look nice, but even a trekkie could spot the proper than original quality of the print :lol: How about i do a mock youve been framed video of the 6 year old daughter opening up my 'vintage' goodness then feint or have some sort of seizure? 250 notes if im not mistaken?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
What figs are they Chiff?

I completely get that someone would want them for display if they had no budget, or as you say, for the kids

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Personally I would sell them (I know this option won't be popular but bear with me) at present especially with 12 backs the price on these new carded figs is insane, as long as you sell them on as being recarded I would then use the money for real vintage the market is absolutely awash with these things and most of them wont fool even the newest collectors.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
chiffy said:
I was thinking more along the lines of letting someones kids having them on display in their rooms rather than collectiing loose maybe? I know i couldnt afford to waste a vintage card on any of my kids, not that theyre interested in it anyways. Believe me, as a serving member on here, i am not going to let these go anywhere daft but i can see what you are saying about not knowing where they will end up. To be honest, they look nice, but even a trekkie could spot the proper than original quality of the print :lol: How about i do a mock youve been framed video of the 6 year old daughter opening up my 'vintage' goodness then feint or have some sort of seizure? 250 notes if im not mistaken?

That is actually a very, very good idea! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom