repro yakface, now the bugger is poseable!

beginner

Jedi Knight
currently is a mass of repros on the market

Parts made as resin oder plastik also :cry:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15437

i hate this Repro waste :evil:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I hope they will lose a lot of money on this. So they will not sell this stuff again :evil:

But I fear there will always be a buyer :roll:

Ren Solo

Padawan
I was just about to start a thread on this. Can't believe the number of repro Yaks on eBay. They are everywhere. What with them and that clown with his repro boxes and the other one in Spain with his recards etc there seems more fakes than genuine articles at times.

ironfist

Padawan
Ren Solo said:
and the other one in Spain with his recards etc there seems more fakes than genuine articles at times.

If you wanted to mean the British Nathan Edward that lives in Spain, yes, he's everywhere, and be careful, he has several EBAY accounts...

mumbo

Sith Lord
Going to end up in job lots on Gumtree and alike, need to be vigilant if there's a Yak hidden in a bundle :evil:

grinchy

Sith Lord
Well that was interesting, he's reproducing everything about the figure, least his paint apps are way off so at least a novice wouldn't get burned thinking it was a real item.
And yes he has destroyed an original to make his moulds as can be seen in the vid, very sad

elcroz

Padawan
In an ideal world scenario but...

Obviously the original figures are not being made anymore - but is there not any law against the production of repro figures & weapons?
Did Hasbro not buy out Kenner? Does Hasbro then not hold some kind of rights even if they do not actively practice these rights?
If so eBay (the main source) would be obligated by their own rules not to play middleman in the selling of counterfeits, forgeries of copyrighted 'things'?

A minutes silence for the eventual newbie collector or their family buying a present, who will undoubtedly get burned for 'top dollar'. Poor sod's.

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
How are these reproductions manufactured, molds? as I was just wondering what the new 3-D printing technology can do...not that I would ever contemplate buying any. Just the thought of them turning out decent and the money that could be made would be quite frightening!

Edit. never mind just read the entire thread but my point on 3-D printing still stands!...

SOJ

Sith Lord
For me the thing is only a serious collector is going after a Yak Face. Your average newbie isn't going to dive in with a Yak. By the time you know what a Yak is you're already that far into collecting you're either accepting of repro or not.

Anyone DUMB ENOUGH to buy one of these has no one to blame but their self. If he we was churning out Vaders or Luke Farmboys I'd be a little more concerned. As it is, this piece of **** is held together with ****ing magnets, so its not as if they are going to be hard to spot.

That's not to I say condone it, I think he's just trying to make a quick buck and helping **** the hobby in the process.

Ebay doesn't seem to give a **** but in doing so makes the Forum a more important resource, which hopefully more collectors will realise and help it grow. Every cloud...... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom