Star Wars Battle Pod! WOW!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Finally got to play this today!

Amazing visuals and sound.....only thing is £2 for 1 level is a bit steep!

If you're ever near Namco Station on the South Bank in London pop in and have a go.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I played the 1st Death Star Battle and Hoth.....on the Hoth level the machine actually blows cold air onto you....mental!

I'd love to see this on home systems but I just don't think it would work as well unless you have a massive projected screen showing it.

beginner

Jedi Knight
i want definitely one in my house :mrgreen:

only problem is I have no space and the second i have no $15.000-$20.000 for this battle pod machine :lol:

[youtube]KZgvcAzCesg[/youtube]

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Got the chance to go on this at the south bank today. It is really impressive. Played the death star and death star 2 games. Got royslly walloped on the death star 2 but managed to destroy the first death star!
You have to be careful if you have children, my daughter was peering through the glass watching me and I failed to notice she was there when I opened the door and whacked her right on the nose!

elcroz

Padawan
It would be cool if people could list where they have seen this machine in the wild.
Any sightings in the south west? Cornwall or Plymouth anyone?

MarkG

Jedi Master
Must see if I can locate that in my area too.. Palace Pier usually keeps up to date with the latest games. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved Trilogy Arcade when that came out.. hope this follows suit.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
Must see if I can locate that in my area too.. Palace Pier usually keeps up to date with the latest games. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved Trilogy Arcade when that came out.. hope this follows suit.

I checked both arcades on the pier, the one under the arches and the one up by the clock tower. No signs of it anywhere. I used to spend hours in some of the arcades of brighton when I was younger, usually on an incarnation of street fighter 2. I had happy times back then. Walking through the pier and around the few remaining arcades now, all I seemed to find was big jackpot fruit machines, accompanied by the stench of regret and sadness.

The palace pier is now more of a rip off and a tourist trap in my opinion.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
It would be cool if people could list where they have seen this machine in the wild.
Any sightings in the south west? Cornwall or Plymouth anyone?

The battle pod is made by Namco so I would have thought there'd be at lease one at each of the Namco Funscape centres - http://namcofunscape.com/ ?

Tickion

Padawan
Found one of these in an arcade at Southsea this week - Its pretty full on mental! Definitely worth seeking out. 5 game choices with various levels of difficulty: Death Star (easy)/Hoth(medium)/Endor (medium) /Death Star 2 (difficult)/???? (mental!)

Yes, you can buy one....

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/star-wars/35543/you-can-buy-a-star-wars-battle-pod-arcade-for-your-home

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
Would a system like that every be available for home purchase?

That' a dangerous line of thinking Gary :lol:

I saw it on DoG as well and have since been wondering about where it would fit in the house.

sith-smith

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
sith-smith said:
Would a system like that every be available for home purchase?

That' a dangerous line of thinking Gary :lol:

I saw it on DoG as well and have since been wondering about where it would fit in the house.

It is...but I knew I wouldn't be the only person thinking it!! :D

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Spotted one at the Hollywood Bowl in Norwich (by the football ground) a few weeks ago. Just in case anyone is in the area

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
This Arcade game looks bloody awesome!!! Last Star Wars game like this i played on the arcade was back in the Spectrum years lol! As we're on the subject of great Star Wars games, i seriously can't wait for the release of Battlefront on PS4 in the Autumn. Has anyone seen the almost movie like trailer of that? Where can i find and play this Star Wars Battle Pod game?

Jedi Master 1

Padawan
Check this out guys! The must see trailer of this years Star Wars Battlefront! I'm taking time off from work to play this lol! :D

https://youtu.be/ZwWLns7-xN8

benny100

Sith Lord
Played this in The Sheffield Bar, at centretainment in Sheffield (oddly enough :lol: ), only played the first Death Star level which was mind blowing.
Word of warning, I felt seriously weird for the next 30 mins or so, akin to severe motion sickness!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom