Star Wars Vinyl

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I wondered if anyone else has a stash of Star Wars vinyl?

I was having a sort through some bits and came across these two.. just gave them a quick blast on the turntable as a pre-run motivation!

IMG_2615_zpspzsdzb6t.jpg

IMG_2616_zpsyorww0tg.jpg

Both 7" pressings 8)

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Nice i've still got a couple of bits of Star Wars vinyl, but lost my favourite french import double album.
I used to play the main theme over a 20k sound system at a club night I ran before opening the doors to the public.

It was amazing to hear Star Wars blasting out over a mega loud and amazing system. Then i left the album in the DJ booth and it vanished!

We called the back room the Jedi Arena and decked it out with life size cardboard cutouts of a stormtrooper, c3p0 and r2. It looked amazing when the lasers were on, the room full of dry ice and 400 people dancing.

Time to track down another copy of the album I think.

SAVORY100 said:
Apologies if this has been covered before, but I wondered if anyone else has a stash of Star Wars vinyl?

I was having a sort through some bits and came across these two.. just gave them a quick blast on the turntable as a pre-run motivation!

IMG_2615_zpspzsdzb6t.jpg

IMG_2616_zpsyorww0tg.jpg

Both 7" pressings 8)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I collect the vinyl- nothing serious yet.

Found a nice 6 inch of the cantina band- think it might be a promo

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I've purchased several vinyl pieces over last six months, love it, have got a couple of foreign ones too, look fantastic, still have a turntable and when my man cave is sorted will definitely be having it set up so I can play them all.

tundra9

Sith Lord
I only have this pne, won it on Ryans guess the action figure comp a few years back, should get me a player just for this :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 768

cantinos

Padawan
Nice vinyl.
Must look out for the anh esb rotj 7 inchs pictured in the last post. never seen them before.
I have a couple of bits of star wars records.
The meco 7 pictured above. A really weird star wars a new hope sound track done on the moog synthesizer. which has a great version of leia theme on it.
Got the return of the jedi soundtrack in a charity shop last year. Great cover artwork.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
There were a number of Star Wars read-along records and tapes. I've got all of them apart from the first Ewoks film - I know, I know it's ewoks but just for completeness... :oops:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 700

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Of course the Story Of... records were good to have before the days of Video / DVD / Blu-Ray. I still listen to them at work occasionally!

The first one I got was the ESB: Adventures of Luke Skywalker:

5.jpg

Buena Vista (Disney) Records produced all 3 films on the Story Of series:

4.jpg

I've got the Story of ROTJ on picture disc as well:

6.jpg

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
There was also a non-film Story Of record called Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell written by Brian Daley and is a back-story to the bounty hunter encounter referred to in ESB:

1.jpg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
jedi_mister said:
There was also a non-film Story Of record called Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell written by Brian Daley and is a back-story to the bounty hunter encounter referred to in ESB:

That artwork is fantastic! 8)

Artoo_Detour

Youngling
Great to see some SW vinyl love 8)

I've been collecting SW-related vinyl as a side focus for a few years now.
Not only is there some great music to be heard but some of the artwork is a real treat.

For anyone wanting a useful resource I'd highly recommend Anthony Damata's website:

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/sw/starwarsmusic.html

Tony's got a huge amount of SW records documented and I've used his site as a reference for a while now.

And for the Read-Alongs check out the collection of Kevin Lentz over on RS who also covers the cassettes:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1108670/

Here's a couple of fairly recent pics of my stash. I'll try and get a limelight up later and show some of the cool artwork..

vintageSWvinylrecords1ArtooDetour.jpg

vintageSWvinylrecords5ArtooDetour.jpg

vintageSWvinylrecords3ArtooDetour.jpg

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
awesome vinyls guys :D
@jedi_mister - really liking that ROTJ wicket picture disc , i needs one of them :lol:
@Artoo_Detour - is that Darth Vader on the turntable a picture disc? or is it a slip mat

Artoo_Detour

Youngling
Jediknight3263827 said:
awesome vinyls guys :D
@jedi_mister - really liking that ROTJ wicket picture disc , i needs one of them :lol:
@Artoo_Detour - is that Darth Vader on the turntable a picture disc? or is it a slip mat

Yes it's the Darth Vader pic side of the picture disc from 'The Story of Star Wars'. The other side has C-3PO and R2 on it.

I also need one of those Wicket picture discs :)

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Some nice items there Artoo_Detour. I like the Star Wars Record Tote. Looks immaculate.

I still need to get a few records, not looking to be a completist in anyway as I have too many other things to focus on. At some point I need to get the Story of Star Wars on 20th Century Records Label (both picture disc and normal). Is this the same recording as the Buena Vista album do you know ?

Love the artwork on the Boris Midney and Varese Sarabande ESB albums. Will need to get those at some point.

Have attached my vinyl collection in it's entirety (there's some read-along tapes in there as well) :

IMG_3862.JPG

I'm interested if anybody knows if there were single LP albums for Star Wars and ESB. I vaguely remember these as a child but I could be wrong. I know they produced a single CD version of ESB.

My first album was the Sonic All-Stars version of Star Wars and I lived on this for many years until my parents finally bought me the official Star Wars and ESB double albums.

IMG_3863.JPG

I've always found the back of this album a bit odd. When I first got it as a kid I thought that it might have been Darth Vader unmasked!

IMG_3864.JPG

Paul Armory

Padawan
Artoo_Detour said:
Great to see some SW vinyl love 8)

For anyone wanting a useful resource I'd highly recommend Anthony Damata's website:

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/sw/starwarsmusic.html

Thanks for the link. I've added some vinyl here and there to my collections and love them!

Artoo_Detour

Youngling
Thanks Jedi_Mister. The record totes are really nice and still quite easy to pick up cheap last time I looked.
That's a really nice-looking stash of vinyl you have. The Sonic Allstars is one of my faves, I remember I found it in a charity shop when I was in the UK :) .

jedi_mister said:
At some point I need to get the Story of Star Wars on 20th Century Records Label (both picture disc and normal). Is this the same recording as the Buena Vista album do you know ?
I honestly don't know but would guess that they're both the same.
BV seemed to handle all the 'Stories' versions and Read Alongs after 1977 when 20CF began releasing less records in favour of the RSO label.

jedi_mister said:
I'm interested if anybody knows if there were single LP albums for Star Wars and ESB. I vaguely remember these as a child but I could be wrong. I know they produced a single CD version of ESB.
Do you mean 12" singles? I've never seen any but that would be cool if there were some.

Here is the Boris Midney album cover (artwork by Jeff Wack / Gribbitt)
RSBorisMidney12.jpg

And the Symphonoc Suite (artwork by William Stout - btw his portfolio is well impressive! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stout)
RSSymphonicSuite33toursfront.jpg

allsor31_zpselvdtzma.jpg

Paul Armory said:
Thanks for the link. I've added some vinyl here and there to my collections and love them!

Cheers Paul, there are some killer records in his collection.

HothJim

Padawan
Just bumping this up after Savory100 pointed me towards the thread.

I picked this up today, £1.00 at a record fair. See here: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=350266#p350266

And a photo:

IMAG0150_zpsnrms5gdl.jpg

Great to see some vinyl collectors out there!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom